HAPPY BDAY!

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

psi29a wrote:
Femtov2 wrote:wigger = white nigger

A white kid trying to be black basically.

*sigh* Is your name Deathbringer?

I know what wigger means, it was a baiting question I asked of Deathbringer because the comment was completely asinine.

Buz, are you white, also know as 'the man'?
SORRY FOR TRYING TO BE HELPFUL!
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Femtov2 wrote:
psi29a wrote:
Femtov2 wrote:wigger = white nigger

A white kid trying to be black basically.

*sigh* Is your name Deathbringer?

I know what wigger means, it was a baiting question I asked of Deathbringer because the comment was completely asinine.

Buz, are you white, also know as 'the man'?
SORRY FOR TRYING TO BE HELPFUL!
you ruined my plans of complete humiliation on the intarweb!

^_^;;

I've learned my lesson, I'll be less (or perhaps more) crafty next time.

I just thought the comment was pretty rude, considering from what I know of buz, the guy just ain't white so it was rude and stupid.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Well at least I learned a new word, if it is one. Too bad it's totally useless.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I'm "The Afghan Man". But technically speaking I'm Aryan, I think. Maybe
killfile should elaborate on it lol. Nah but for real. I'm the GOAT.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

You're Greatest Of All Time?

Happy birthday bozo, if you are going to get fucked up, do so in style while listening to Immortal Technique.

This is about Judo, it ain't about Jesus / and you shouldn't fucking talk about telekinesis / nigga please, moving shit with your mind? / try moving ya moms out the projects with your rhymes
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I've seen Immortal Technique live. Hes very inconsistent. Not to mention that hes a hypocrite and a sell out. But hes aight I guess.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

ey, i know its your birthday but immortal tech. is awesome. given, he isnt a "perfect" rapper by many's standards but holy shit, he is not only very inspiring, and has a lot of fucking talent, he- well i'll stop here since it is your birthday and all.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Same here, I'll let that highly questionable post slide since its your birthday ;)

Though I measure him in his talent to rap and his lyrics alone, which he is great in, dont care wether people consider him a sell out (seems like the last person to say that about) or not perfect in other ways. As long as he keeps with his inspiring songs.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea sure his lyrics are dope. But his ability to present them is not to great. Sure he'll have an amazing flow in some songs like the 4th branch. Then you hear a song like obnoxious and you feel he loses all credibility. Trust me I've been following tech for a long time. Its been till only recently that I've noticed alot of the shit he's put out isnt very good. I mean I'll still cop his stuff as soon as it comes out. Cause I cant say hes just shitty. He puts out alot of good stuff. But yea.. Hes really inconsistant. I just hope to God that the Middle Passage is great.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Contextual ads actually work in this thread.

"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Buzkashi wrote:Yea sure his lyrics are dope. But his ability to present them is not to great. Sure he'll have an amazing flow in some songs like the 4th branch. Then you hear a song like obnoxious and you feel he loses all credibility. Trust me I've been following tech for a long time. Its been till only recently that I've noticed alot of the shit he's put out isnt very good. I mean I'll still cop his stuff as soon as it comes out. Cause I cant say hes just shitty. He puts out alot of good stuff. But yea.. Hes really inconsistant. I just hope to God that the Middle Passage is great.

I actually agree with you (I reacted more to the hypocrite remark). But he is still pretty great with his best stuff, can be bit inconsistent as you said, but then again it depends on what you expect, his more weaker songs are still decent and better then alot of stuff. And I have come to terms with that he isnt the most skilled MC or something (irratic flow as you said), but I appriciate him mostly for his lyrics, and he is by far almost allways great lyrically.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

The reason I called him a hypocrite is because of the song "One". He basically gives reasons as to why hes making music. One of them is

"For hood niggaz, born rugged, never rocking Versace"

Then you see him rocking 400 dollar valentino shirts in his article in Playboy Magazine.

Plus he basically really is obnoxious just like he says in his song.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i actually remember him in that valentino shirt and i was thinking "why did he do that?" but i also trust that with all the amazing shit he writes and sings he didn't do it for the money. i think it was something else and if people want to bitch at him, it's because they don't know the whole story. its only when people start to idealize that they find serious flaws. Immortal tech isn't a perfect man (whatever that is) and it seems like he does what he does to spread the word, and try to help people who cant speak for themselves in that way. its rather rash to call someone a hypocrite because he wore some shirt, compared to all the powerful writing he has done.

i agree he can be inconsistent and his live performances have been said to have been not up to par, but I'm going with shakazulu; i think his lyrics and general messages are important, strong and beautiful.

but man, i cant fucking wait for middle passage to be out! hopefully it will be good and bring something new. he can get on his little rants for some time.

happy b day
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea he does have good messages some times. But he is also pretty ignorant. I mean he basically said well he did say "Fuck your mom if she supports republicans and fuck your dad if hes a cop". I mean that shit doesn't show tolerance of any kind.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah, his stuff can be really one sided and ignorant. on the flip side, it can also be very informative and elegant. i focus more on his strengths than pulling him down and bunching him with the rest of the shitty rappers. he deserves better than that.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I just hope that Middle Passage is amazing for his sake. The only good song hes put out in the last 4 years has been "Caught in the Hustle"
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Buzkashi wrote:Yea he does have good messages some times. But he is also pretty ignorant. I mean he basically said well he did say "Fuck your mom if she supports republicans and fuck your dad if hes a cop". I mean that shit doesn't show tolerance of any kind.

That I agree with. And I understand why it would bother you. But I generally let it slide unless its very obvious preachy ignorant rant. I let it slide for one important reason, which maybe we see him different in...I view him as an artist first and foremost and not entirely rebellious preaching activist who marches around highly opinionated (even if IT likes to think he is that solely sometimes). Meaning, I give him ALOT of artistic license in what he says and dont take him literarly (as I dont take many heavy metallists litteraly in they worship the devil, or how rappers say they commited genocide against anyone who fronts), but that he is like any other artist is just figuratively expressing himself .

It may sound contradictory to take his word for what he says in positive but not negative, but I'm generally not (I just view him as he is quite artistically expressing himself in way that makes his point clearly, not that he means everything he says), I just think he shouldnt be taken word for word in everything (even if he bullshits as you said).

Some cases its obvious its really his opinion and not just a tool to express himself (I consider the alot of conspiratory stuff he says as something he says to express himself, that he doesnt actually believe it all), and some of those are things I quite disagree with (like his rants about anti-abort, they come out pretty vile sometimes, and as you said, quite ignorant and not tolerant), but I generally appriciate him for his positive way of saying things that need to be said (even if you dont agree) and making you think. But in short (hehe yeah right), I view him as other artists, even if he is different in that his texts are actually very meaningful (and highly political) to him and not just entirely artistic songs like others. He is more of a blend, the message behind him is something he means, but they way he expresses himself shouldnt be taken for word at all times. And I also, even if I quite appriciate him alot, i think its quite silly how too many ridicolously idolize him for his views and go overboard(As a lyricist he is great, but as an artist he is very good, but far from as good as some say he is, because as you said he is inconsistent sometimes, lives too much off his niche).

Apologies for having to read this crap :wink:
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

because it is useless to repeat myself: ::nods::
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Buzkashi wrote:The reason I called him a hypocrite is because of the song "One". He basically gives reasons as to why hes making music. One of them is

"For hood niggaz, born rugged, never rocking Versace"

Then you see him rocking 400 dollar valentino shirts in his article in Playboy Magazine.

Plus he basically really is obnoxious just like he says in his song.
I listen to Immortal everyso often, but i wont say that i know him near as well as you guys do. another way at looking at things is that he writes his music and shit so that he can make it for all the "hood niggaz" who can't or who are aspiring to achieve the same success he has. he could be wearing that valentino shirt for all those "hood niggaz" who dream about wearing that shit one day :P.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

psi29a wrote:I just thought the comment was pretty rude, considering from what I know of buz, the guy just ain't white so it was rude and stupid.
Heh, i was trying to randomly say shit to sound like an internet dick a lá Femto, nothing to take seriously.

Plus, Buzkashi replied accordingly.

Anyways, my bad Buz, gotta use actual material when using internet comedy.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I agree that Immortal Technique contradicts himself with alot of his songs in Vol. 2, but his lyrics in Vol. 1 seemed more consistent with the message he was trying to give people. Thought to me the good in Vol. 2 outweighs the bad.

I would not, in any way, consider Technique a sellout though. I mean I don't think he's made any deals with major record labels or anything of that nature. Personally, I see nothing wrong with him dressing nice if he has the money to do so. I grew up poor, but if my music career did great and I had the money I would buy nice clothes too. I wouldn't see that as selling out or being a hypocrite. Selling out would be if he never liked clothes like that to begin with then Playboy told him to wear them for a sum of money or whatever and he did. That would be selling out.

Another thing that bothers me a lot about Technique is his use of curse words and "nigga". I mean it wouldn't be so bad if the were just here and there, but they are everywhere in his songs. It makes him seem less educated and ruin the messages in his songs. It's like he's trying too hard to be hard and it's just ruining his ability to really drive this home to a larger group of people.

Caught in a Hustle (one of his newer songs) is what I hope The Middle Passage will be like. The song has swearing in it but it's very minimal and he gets his message out beautifully. This is the Technique that I'm hoping for in the future. Right now Technique is very good with what he puts out, but he could do things that would make him a legend in the music industry. If he builds on what he created with Caught in a Hustle I think he'll eventually reach out to more people and really cause a revolution. If he really thinks that "the mind of a child is where the revolution begins" then what he did with Vol. 2 won't help with that message.
Last edited by DarkenRahlX on Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i think songs like caught in the hustle are very good, but even more so, dancing with the devil is a big draw when its newcomers in my experience. they say, "oh, hes okay", because they dont know what they are looking for yet, but then they hear dance with the devil and it is so elegant and brutal that it draws them in and they then really listen to his music. peruvian cocaine is one of my favs, but i have to say that the one i know completely by heart and love is industrial revolution. 'course internally bleeding is amazing as well... anyway, immortal technique def. stands out and should be respected and is NOT a sellout either IMO.

yay immortal tech!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

ya, dance with the devil was the first song one of my friends played for me
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

ha! my point is supported by evidence!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

It was my first IT song too. It was everyones. Doesnt stop the fact that as an emcee he is below average.