Fan Art

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

in the words of paris hilton...."thats hawt"
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, that is really nice, but I think Grunbeld is red in that form. Well, that's what color he was in the game anyway. Still though, great coloring job. ;)
Really?

Wow, that´s pretty cool, i had no idea.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that fight was really fun too. ;)
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i remember seeing a really good coloring of him...maybe i'll find it

here is one i got from berserkchronicles.com there area some AMAZING fanart and posters or w/e on that site...

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I like the ice element dragon it rock to see things different sometimes... although that wallpaper you made needs some work, for one IMO it would look better without the EG drop down window looking thing, also the web address for the forum is wrong didnt know if that was on perpuse or not, but other wise its pretty cool..
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
behemot011
imanewbie

Post by behemot011 »

Yeah, that's a great peace of artwork.
But, what I find difficult with this character, and especially all supernatural beings is that there are no references in the real world. So, I automatically start with some abstract colors and there is this complete abstract mood to it.
For example the ZETMEN coloring I did in Off The Wall forum was a pretty easy. I mean it took longer, but I had references all around me. The rust and cracks on the bars, moisture on the walls, shadows on his pants - lets you check and control what you are doing trough out the entire coloring process.
But in case of supernatural - that's very hard to do. So, I usually concern my self more about contrasts and global illumination then shadows and such.
I like the ice element dragon it rock to see things different sometimes... although that wallpaper you made needs some work, for one IMO it would look better without the EG drop down window looking thing, also the web address for the forum is wrong didnt know if that was on perpuse or not, but other wise its pretty cool..

Thanks!
The address is a typo, I personally just noticed it... I will definitely correct it.
I had to add the drop down thing in order to hide the parts of the artwork that are missing (if anyone has a better solution - please, notify me!). And yes I agree it still needs a lot of work.
But I was looking at it for a long time.. didn't know what to do with it and then posted it here so that maybe someone will help me do it better.
Last edited by behemot011 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

If you look around this thread (I think in the mid teens) there are plenty of links to resource material... and I dont know what your useing to color but you can get trail version of Corel Paint at their website.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

the guy who submitted a coloring to Art of War or whoever didthe berserk sculptures used amethyst for grunbeld's coloring i believe. i couldnt find the picture though it was supposed to be very good :?
behemot011
imanewbie

Post by behemot011 »

I use photoshop... and I don't think I'll cross over to Corel anytime soon.
When I said that I can't get any references in the real world... I meant there are no references in the real world... since we are talking about fantasy beings and fantasy world... and basically everything is left to the imagination. That's why I think that it is important to experiment when coloring.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

WARNING LONG POST....BUT IN PICTURES :P.

hey guys i'm going to change up my avatar/sig, but sticking with berserk. here are some pictures i've gotten from berserkchronicles.com that i like a lot. also i was wondering if someone could (once i decide) make the sig/avatar combo for me cause im pretty inept when it comes to paint :oops: ...which by itself is fairly inept lol. i was thinking of either a pcuk and guts one, a zodd one, a guts solo fighting one (the blood splatter and one of the other ones) or guts torn one (the casca/rage one and the SK one)

that and i just wanted ot share these pictures (some of the many awesome ones on the site)

FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Not sure if this one has been posted before, but I love it.

And this one is like the above, which I actually have been using as my background.

Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

Gattsblackfalcon sent me a PM requesting a sig :P so here goes, based off my Skull Knight coloring.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Whoa, that's awesome! Can you make my avatar have a moving background like that? I like the one you have there for gattsblackfalcon, but I'm fond of the color green, thanks. ;)
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

Starnum wrote:Whoa, that's awesome! Can you make my avatar have a moving background like that? I like the one you have there for gattsblackfalcon, but I'm fond of the color green, thanks. ;)
Mmm tested a bunch of things out, kinda sucked >.<
Last edited by EvilDmitri on Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, I don't know... :P

Can you do the background in the Skull Knight sig you did, but make the color green instead of orange, cuz I think that would be pretty pimp. This current one kind of scares me, lol.

If you need the original art to work with, I can get that for you. Oh, and I'd just want the background to move, not the avatar too, lol. I hope I'm not being too picky, thanks man.

http://ra.darkseas.com/img/Starnum.gif
EvilDmitri
Mastered PM

Post by EvilDmitri »

Starnum wrote:Hm, I don't know... :P

Can you do the background in the Skull Knight sig you did, but make the color green instead of orange, cuz I think that would be pretty pimp. This current one kind of scares me, lol.

If you need the original art to work with, I can get that for you. Oh, and I'd just want the background to move, not the avatar too, lol. I hope I'm not being too picky, thanks man.

http://ra.darkseas.com/img/Starnum.gif
Last edited by EvilDmitri on Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
behemot011
imanewbie

Post by behemot011 »

I created some nice textures of sendstone and then I tried to get that dried blood splatter to the left.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Pretty neat shit...
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
behemot011
imanewbie

Post by behemot011 »

Now I know what's wrong with it. It needs MORE BLOOD!!! MORE....

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh yeah, definitely; much better. ;)
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

EvilDmitri wrote:Gattsblackfalcon sent me a PM requesting a sig :P so here goes, based off my Skull Knight coloring.
[img][/img]
dude you are my hero :P , thanks , you have real talent doing this , the banner i love it . :twisted:
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Ollie
imanewbie

Post by Ollie »

I just realized I never shared any fanart in this forum before.

I did a colored version, but I don't like it.
behemot011
imanewbie

Post by behemot011 »

Why? I really liked the colored version. It's very nice!
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

loli witches, serious business.
Ollie
imanewbie

Post by Ollie »

behemot011 wrote:Why? I really liked the colored version. It's very nice!
Ehhh not really. It's an odd hue; it looks like it belongs to a corpse or something. e_e