Berserk Chapter: 280

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

no there is a human part to it, they even have some kushan in it.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

Exactly, and just remember Mule's squad, they are just normal humans, so not all The Neo Hawks are apostles.
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Foggy wrote:
TheDrizzit wrote:What I don't get is all this talk about no depth perception with only one eye. I can close my eye and still see normally, still function normally, everything...normally. Nothing changes. Things don't look different except at more left or right angles.
Things do not look different but you lose your depth perception. Have somebody throw a ball to you from a considerable distance, you should catch it without problem. Close one eye and try again. Good luck trying to figure out when the ball is going to get to you. Most people instinctively shield themselves with only one eye open because their brain has no clue when the object will arrive.

Another good test is to find something in your room, a trash can or bucket of sorts is best, and try to make a small object into the said trash can or bucket with both eyes open. Then try again with the same object, you will be much more inaccurate with one eye open.

Good marksman are actually taught to keep both eyes open in order to use their depth perception properly. I do not know enough about scopes to comment on their application and impact with the eye. Though I assume since the target is at such a range where your no-scoped eye would have no impact on your vision.
I am so trying this...muahahaha...I'm gonna practice too if I suck! ^_^
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

The preview pic doesnt show much which is a little disapointing, but at least they are putting them up :D

Most apostles have a semi normal human look to them, but I could still tell apostle between a human. Anyway cant wait to see were all this is going. :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Yeah, the Neo hawks definately include humans. The Apostles may be the core and most powerful part of Griffith's army, but humans comprise a good part of it. Which only makes sense. If he wants to rule, the broader the support he has, the better, and part of that support would be humans wanting to fight for him (such as Mule, as the most obvious example, but there are plenty of others).
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I think this explains why the demon formed apostles along with Zodd were the ones send in to save the town earlier on, and now the humans and humanoid apostles of the New Hawks are now on the move for the second raid.

Don't forget that the Pope's army are with the Hawks as well.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

To me it looked like it was mostly the Apostles who could fly were sent in for the first raid. That would make sense, since they'd need to get in and out very fast, and it wouldn't take them as long to get in position for the battle tomorrow as the land Apostles would need. That's my theory, anyway.
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

It was my belief that we only saw flying apostles because Guts and company had pushed the emperor's forces back to the sea causing him to take form over the harbor where most land apostles would be practically useless. but you're explanation makes a lot of sense too.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well...that and the emperor is made of mist and floats in the air so it'd be important to send in troops that'd be able to deMYSTIFY him :kekeke:
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

well, they couldn't have done it without Guts anyway...could they?
Orm
imanewbie

Post by Orm »

Skullkracker wrote:well, they couldn't have done it without Guts anyway...could they?

Think so too. Without Guts they all would have been roasted - and worse: without the witchgirl Guts would have been helpless too!

Where was Griffiths strategic genius to send his troop into a battle without any chances of winning - this one really struck me when I was reading it (ages ago).
darkdavid
imanewbie

Post by darkdavid »

the next chap is impressive,
but i won't tell you.
so it's no more use perdicting what could happen, cause the raw is out.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well besides the fact that it was PREDICTED(fated) that guts would help them win the battle...I'm pretty sure Griffith knew that.

Fate>Guts
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Orm wrote:Think so too. Without Guts they all would have been roasted - and worse: without the witchgirl Guts would have been helpless too!

Where was Griffiths strategic genius to send his troop into a battle without any chances of winning - this one really struck me when I was reading it (ages ago).
Good point. Though perhaps it always was apart of his grand scheme. ;)
"Context is for Kings"
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

well besides the fact that it was PREDICTED(fated) that guts would help them win the battle...I'm pretty sure Griffith knew that.
I don't know if it actually was fated. Her prophecy seemed to indicate that there would be a choice for both sides, which would seem to indicate that she only saw a possibility of Guts acting that way. Still nothing to actually prove if Guts is outside of fate or not.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

there was a path, they both took it. suuuure they have a choice, but throught their experiences you know what they were going to do ;)
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Nah, I think there was at least some doubt as to which Guts would choose. I mean, for the story he could only have maid the choice he did, but if this were real, it wouldn't have been surprising for him to loose control and attack Zodd.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

come on, he's chosen this new path of curing casca. he isnt going berserk until after she leaves him ;).

there's always the "chance" but Idea's bred all the characters to minimize that chance :P
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Dunno, after they drove off the emperor, he almost got in a fight with Zodd right then and there, even though he was in no condition for it. It wouldn't really be all that improbable for him to have killed Zodd when he had the chance on his back.
SONGSAN
imanewbie

Post by SONGSAN »

My eyes're brimming with tears.