::Hajime no ippo::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Albator wrote:Now are you saying that you just unloaded a *huge* spoiler, you of all people? Off with your head! :OWTH:
Well, like I said, I thought they had already mention this. However, if not, then I might be wrong. Although, I thought it was obvious who the guy was. *shrugs*

Also, Ippo and Miyata have had this promise for about six years. However, I suppose Miyata has definitely been wanting to prove his father's boxing is great for even longer. Oh well, I'm sure they'll eventually fight on the world stage some day.

*Runs off to read 725*
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

You can also go and read 726 while you're at it.

Scratch J baby! He looks loke some mean machine...It's cool how characters are recycled.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Starnum wrote:
Albator wrote:Now are you saying that you just unloaded a *huge* spoiler, you of all people? Off with your head! :OWTH:
Well, like I said, I thought they had already mention this. However, if not, then I might be wrong. Although, I thought it was obvious who the guy was. *shrugs*

Also, Ippo and Miyata have had this promise for about six years. However, I suppose Miyata has definitely been wanting to prove his father's boxing is great for even longer. Oh well, I'm sure they'll eventually fight on the world stage some day.

*Runs off to read 725*
Run of to 727 too ;) The realeses are daily again.

Six years are nothing compared to the reason he has fought so hard for hole his life.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, Scratch J is looking pretty rough around the edges. I bet he's gotten better since last time we saw him too. I'm looking forward to the fight.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

He must have gotten alot better i mean they guy have had 38 KO's and 9 fighs a year,thats crazy.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

729 out.

What an odd way to fight. If there's any boxing fans around, do you know a boxer that actually fight like this for real? If yes I wish I was there when he did it.

Wait, there is one...Zidane!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont think their are any boxers that does what he did before throwing the punch.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I was rereading the Takamura/Bryan Hawk fight, followed by the flashback post-WWII. I never noticed that Bryan Hawk's trainer is the same that was coaching Sergeant Anderson. If Hawk's trainer name is Miguel, then that's it.

This gives even more value to Takamura's victory and an odd twist of fate, too bad the 2 trainers didn't recognize each other.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

That cant be the same guy cause Kamogawa would never forget what he looked like .

Have you read 730? I thought Ippo had a fixation on Miyata.....
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Just read 730. Only thing I can tell is that the guy is mad, thanks to Miyata. But the surprise effect is over, Ippo should be able to deal with him now, because he doesn't lack in power either and should be able to avoid the Jolt now (Jimmy has all the cool names).

731 out.

Edit: now call me crazy but look at this

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2127/miguelis0.png

Both are called Miguel. I don't think it's coincidence, the 2 trainers just didn't recognize each other in the heat of the moment but they know each other's name (it's clear in the manga), so this is going to come back at some point, Miguel will come back at some point in the story, maybe as the trainer of one of Ippo's world opponent.

If it's coincidence well the author got lazy there cause he just changed the haircut. He could at least have changed the name!
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

it is the same person.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thats wierd how come Kamogawa or Miguel didnt react when seeing eacother...
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I think they will remember eventually, especially Miguel. He will come back later. It was events that took place like 40 years ago, in the heat of a world title match they probably didn't notice.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yep, definitely the same guy. Btw, Scratch J is freaking crazy, geez. This guy can probably punch as hard as Takamura! Not if Takamura used the same technique of course, but still, it's nuts. Ippo's definitely got a tough fight on his hands this time. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Good to see Ippo improved his defence too and actually made a dodging move against counters.

I wonder what the "the only thing" Kamogawa said is. Does he mean do what you always do by jumping in close or do some specific move.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I think he's talking about getting close to the body and slug it out. But it's cool to see that Ippo has some reflexes now, and it's totally due to experience, it starts showing big time. Faced with something unusual he doesn't panic and acts accordingly, without the coach telling him anything.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

About the dodging move he did against the counter, its not only refelexes,apparently he trained it to use it against Miyata. So finaly his obession with Miyata has helped him improve his defence too.

For some reason Ippo looked more confident when he rushed him in the last pic,maybe time to punish Sisfa like poor Karasawa.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I don't think this'll go down like the fight with Karasawa at all, but we'll see. I'm just glad Ippo's wind pipe didn't get crushed, kind of surprised it didn't, actually.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

It wont be that easy but Sisfa is giving Ippo too many openings that its beyond reckless against a fighter with Ippo's power.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

736 out.

THe Dempsey Roll almost came out! It's like an enhanced version of the Tornado. I'm sure it will be back during this fight, but weren't there some kind of seal on it? Seems that this fight will see an upgrade of Ippo's signature move. Hopefully it will become better and better over the fights.

There's a lot of tension in this fight, I enjoy it more than the previous one. Jimmy kicks ass, I must say.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Nah Ippo wont use dempsey roll on this guy. He did do semi dempsey when he kept rotating and hitting.

Kamogawa said he knew the key to winning when he saw something in the page before the last page.

Its prolly a punch Ippo can throw that close, like that 1 cm punch.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Its the dempsey roll. But instead of just side to side it will go vertical too.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

From the last chapter (738), it probably is what they tried to pull out, but it somehow backfired.

Uunfortunately I know what's going to happen due to dynamite glove frontpage. Damn Lib for mentioning this place.

2 morechapters and we catch up with the raws.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Damn me :P?

What you mean you knew cause the frontpage? If you went in raw thread then its your own fault.

The new dempsey roll backfired only cause chance since he was to close to Sisfa to hit him clean.

Next punch Sisfa is dead.

This new dempsey roll is crazy though, very cool to see an upper cut added to DR :)
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

The front page has a picture of the latest raw, hyppocrite :D !