::Naruto::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: ::Naruto::

Post by Starnum »

Fuckin Sasuke... Just when I was starting to like him again, he goes and plunges right back into being a total losery idiot. Can't he see he's played right into Madara's hand? Itachi died to protect him AND Konoha. Now he's going to try to annihilate Konoha, completely against the wishes of the one person who probably loved him the most, his brother. What an idiot. I guess Kishimoto wants him to be the final boss or something. *shrugs*
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Albator wrote:Actually, he's not that low. He got his family murdered in front of him, it's normal for him to have a grudge against the perpetrator, even if it is brother. In a way, it was admirable how unrelenting he was to reach his goal no matter the consequences, not a bad anti-hero. That was never my problem with Naruto in general.

... at least until this chapter came out. What a tool he is. Talk about a cunning ninja, can he take a hint!?

And what the fuck are those eyes. Soon he will have rainbow eyes, that will suit him better.
Yeah, i actually enjoyed his character all this time, much more after the time skip since he were spared of all the awkward relationship he had with Naruto that always ended up in friendship speeches.

What really bothered me now is, as everyone is saying, that he´s so fucking stupid that the very first thing he does after learning that Itachi sacrificed his entire life, honor and own clan to protect Konoha and him, is to declare war on the very thing that made Itachi turn into this martyr, going completely against his wishes.

In a way i understand why he´s doing this, he has no family left at all and he found out he killed his brother that was Konoha´s scape goat for self preservation. Still, think for 2 seconds, will you.

Also Itachi turned out to be an awesome character. The best characters are all dying.
I guess Kishimoto wants him to be the final boss or something. *shrugs*
That would be my guess, this is obviously Akatsuki´s plan to trigger another great ninja War, i don´t think Sasuke will live to have a happy ending when this is over.

His eyes aren´t that bad, it look like he has an atom inside of them. But the normal sharingan looks better.
Last edited by Deathbringer on Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:Fuckin Sasuke... Just when I was starting to like him again, he goes and plunges right back into being a total losery idiot. Can't he see he's played right into Madara's hand? Itachi died to protect him AND Konoha. Now he's going to try to annihilate Konoha, completely against the wishes of the one person who probably loved him the most, his brother. What an idiot. I guess Kishimoto wants him to be the final boss or something. *shrugs*
He's EMOstionally disturbed at the moment he just needs time to think about the fally of his ways.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I liked the normal Mangekyo Sharingan better too, oh well. As for Sasuke, I understand why he's come to this resolution, but it still makes him emo. I mean, what about Naruto and Sakura, and all the other main characters for that matter, he's just going to kill them? I don't see how he can be okay with that, and at the very least he should be able to contain himself enough to realize he's doing the opposite of what Itachi would have wanted, and it's obviously what Madara (Who Itachi tried to protect him from) wants. I don't know, I think he tries to get people to think he's the cool, calm, and methodical type, but he's not. He's just emo, unfortunately. He had such great potential as a character too. *shrugs* Ah well, I bet he'll fight Naruto and then end up breaking into tears at the end and become a good guy again. I mean, let's be honest, at this point he's not cool enough to get a special death scene. Though, you never know I guess.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

It's too bad to see Sasuke become the villain-who-only-is-a-villain-because-he-cannot-cope-with-why-the-one-that-loved-him-the-most-died anime stereotype, but oh well. Hopefully the story does reveal a more sinister side to the leaf. If I was Sasuke, I'd just go after the two that made Itachi go against the Uchiha.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Although you may disagree with me, but I've been thinking of Sasuke's dilemma. He just murdered his brother who he thought destroyed his clan for personal gain, but in reality was protecting him from Konaha and the truth. If that happened to me and I felt that betrayed I'd fuck up anyone that knew about it. Especially the third dude, think if you were in the guys shoes.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

fujinsan wrote:Although you may disagree with me, but I've been thinking of Sasuke's dilemma. He just murdered his brother who he thought destroyed his clan for personal gain, but in reality was protecting him from Konaha and the truth. If that happened to me and I felt that betrayed I'd fuck up anyone that knew about it. Especially the third dude, think if you were in the guys shoes.
even though the Third didn't want that outcome? Even though the Third was responsible for your well being throughout childhood? Even the innocent children that know nothing about Uchihas? Even Naruto who lost his family because of The Uchihas (namely one Madara). I'm not buying the natural event he tried to feed Sasuke.

Bottom line is that Sasuke is a tool. For all the eyes he gets he still can't see what is right in front of him. He only sees what others want him to see and thats the problem.
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Don't get me wrong, there would be blood, namely Danzou and his crew, but not the Third. Not Naruto, not Sakura...just no... For all that Sasuke can see with his Sharingan, he's blind. I mean shit, how long have I been saying that Itachi was prolly actually a good guy? Forever, that's how long. Not to go on about it, but I always figured there was more to his story than that lame I want your eyes bullshit... That's why I was so happy to hear he wasn't just a loser. Anyway, Sasuke's a tool, named Madara's, at this point. Oh sure, he's cool looking and super skilled, just a shame that he's a slave to his emotions. At least guys like Gatts are able to apply logic and reasoning I can relate too. I still doubt the little emo boy will be able to go through with it all. Kill Naruto with his own hands? Yeah, we saw how that went last time. We'll see how he goes out. *shrugs* >.>
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

why do sasuke's eyes look so weird?
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

For all that Sasuke can see with his Sharingan, he's blind. I mean shit, how long have I been saying that Itachi was prolly actually a good guy? Forever, that's how long. Not to go on about it, but I always figured there was more to his story than that lame I want your eyes bullshit... That's why I was so happy to hear he wasn't just a loser. Anyway, Sasuke's a tool, named Madara's, at this point. Oh sure, he's cool looking and super skilled, just a shame that he's a slave to his emotions.
About Itachi, i knew there was something more about him in this second arc since we´ve seen him in a much less darker light, especially when Madara lied to Akatsuki saying that Sasuke was dead, the whole eternal MS eye stealing thing then let me think that i was totally wrong, *then* it´s revealed that he really is one of the good guys. Kishi purposely mislead us about Itachi during the second part.

But about Sasuke, i couldn´t agee more that he´s a slave to his emotions but what´s this emo thing that everyone been saying, he´s more like pissed off all the time and had a murder goal almost all his life and now has a genocidal one, how does that makes him emo?

If anything, Naruto is the one who´s sulking all the time.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

wow@the spoilers if they are true D=
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

What a waste of a chapter. So there is going to be an attack already? oo well I'm sure news of Jiraiya will have to wait.
"Context is for Kings"
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

that was exciting waiting a week to see itachi cry and have naruto learn another move that he isn't allowed to use
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Somehow I have a weird feeling that yaoi fans will miss-use the "shoving a crow up Naruto's throat" scene.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

So Itachi gave some of his power to Naruto too, crazy.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:So Itachi gave some of his power to Naruto too, crazy.
Don't you understand it yet Starnum? It's obvious that Naruto and Itachi was in a gay relationship, therefore he couldn't over look Naruto in his little power sharing endeavors. I think it's clear though, that Itachi already predicted that Madara would tell Sasuke about Itachi's reason's for keeping him alive. In giving Naruto a small amount of his power (or whatever the dosage I hope it's not [spoiler]OVER 9000!, What 9,000?![/spoiler]) he entrusted him to stop Sasuke when he went to take Konaha. I already have a vague picture of how the series will end now.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Why does naruto always learn moves he can't use? Or isn't allowed to use I should say
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Wow, so it turns out that Sasuke isn't as retarded as we all thought and the author really just pulls dramatic phrases out of his ass for shock value.

And from Madara´s conversation with the plant guy, there´s definitly something he left out/twisted when talking about Konoha´s backstory to Sasuke.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

well one thing is for sure. The Manga Naruto has undergone the name change to "Sasuke".
"Context is for Kings"
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

fuck sasuke I wanna see naruto get his frog scroll already and turn into 9 tails
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Naruto Manga always leads to fail for me. Its never like that for One piece, it just gets better and better. Waaaay too much focus on lame ass characters, in Naruto that is.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, everything can't be as good as One Piece, heh. Naruto still manages to be better than a lot of stuff out there though, IMO.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

perhaps one of the better chapters in awhile. Hopefully Naruto goes off to learn hermit style.
"Context is for Kings"
shcnoff
imanewbie

Post by shcnoff »

after reading 405 today i have to say i'm back on board with this manga. recently, i haven't been very happy with madara's constant exposition, and i began to wonder what is the author thinking... until granny tsunade cried. for me, this is the kind of moment that sets naruto apart. i mean, i don't connect with sasuke and don't understand his motivations, but when you look at the way he handles the other characters, i think kishimoto will pull it through in the end, like sasuke will do something unexpected when he actually gets to the leaf village. we don't know what sasuke knows about akatsuki from his time with orochimaru either, but he did seem to recognize them as an enemy. maybe he realizes he can't rebuild the uchiha clan with both madara and the konoha elders still in play to threaten whatever children he might make with ino, sakura, and this girl with glasses. so right now i'll choose to believe sasuke has his own plans.
let your logic be your guide