::GANTZ::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Re: ::GANTZ::

Post by Starnum »

Wow, the new chapter dropped a nuke of a plot bomb, if you catch my drift. We're drawing ever closer to the truth, which is already starting to come out it would seem.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Interesting.
[spoiler]I saw that gantz ball factory coming a mile away.[/spoiler]
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

I SAW BOOBIES
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

DrPepperPro wrote:Interesting.
[spoiler]I saw that gantz ball factory coming a mile away.[/spoiler]
Bullshit!
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I thought Germany might be involved by the way Nishi said "Katastrophe", but I definitely didn't see that coming.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Thing is, this didn´t answered us shit yet, besides the fact that Gantz balls are mass produced in Germany, what´s the story behind it and who started it, Aliens can easily be thrown into the mix, i can´see this as actual human technology.

And now there´s the issue of the humans inside the GantZ balls.

What´s the criteria behind their selection to be inserted in one?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

True, there's still a lot to be explained, but this brings us a step closer to finding out the truth at least. I bet the Gantz balls are based on alien technology.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I actually did see the gantz ball factory coming a mile away, friend ruined it for me. :( I also got said friend into berserk.

@Deathbringer: Yes I'm guessing the humans that are placed into the gantz balls have to be special in a way. Most probably if not all would have psychic capabilities, kinda like cherry and the other guy. I'm thinking maybe it could be a government conspiracy in Germany making Gantz the bad guys and the aliens the good guys. Maybe the aliens are the only thing getting in the German's way?
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

fujinsan wrote:I actually did see the gantz ball factory coming a mile away, friend ruined it for me. :( I also got said friend into berserk.

@Deathbringer: Yes I'm guessing the humans that are placed into the gantz balls have to be special in a way. Most probably if not all would have psychic capabilities, kinda like cherry and the other guy. I'm thinking maybe it could be a government conspiracy in Germany making Gantz the bad guys and the aliens the good guys. Maybe the aliens are the only thing getting in the German's way?
I'm thinking maybe NOT.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

:lol:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, that'd be funny if he was right.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:Heh, that'd be funny if he was right.
Yes indeed it'd be hilarious.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

fujinsan wrote:
Starnum wrote:Heh, that'd be funny if he was right.
Yes indeed it'd be hilarious.
The only reason it would be funny, is because it would be the 1st time Fujisan was actually right about something.......JK :lol:

The Aliens have done too many bad things to people to be the actual good guys. But clearly there is some degree of double-crossery in the mix. Gantz has been keeping all of us way too much in the dark.

Perhaps there are such things as Good Aliens and Bad Aliens......as well as Good Gantz Teams and Bad ones....?

I have a feeling that things aren't all that clear cut.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

New chapter alot of sad faces and alot of happy ones, well more sad than happy, I guess. Anyway alot of stuff happened in this one, I enjoyed it, been awhile. Good character connection in this chapter getting real close to the end I believe.

[spoiler]And can you say shot the fuck down at the end of that?! haha[/spoiler]
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

:shock:
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

[spoiler]Wow 2 Kuronos, that would be really interesting.[/spoiler]
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

3some
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

ShinigamiGuts wrote:3some
I could see that happening in this manga.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Okay, that's just crazy talk right there. Poor Reika. I fell bad for her, but I respect Kurono's decision to stay with Tae. Now like, if something were to happen to Tae, God forbid something bad happen to her AGAIN, I would be okay with Kurono going out with Reika after he's had time to mourn Tae. If only Kei had met Reika first, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. >.>
DrPepperPro wrote:
ShinigamiGuts wrote:3some
I could see that happening in this manga.
Ha! I could only hope I'd have the fortitude to turn down a hottie like Reika, and I'm married! I probably would try to talk them into a three-some or something. :P
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Oh ya but just thinking about it, if she made another Kurono, wouldn't he revive from the same point as the current one, so he'd still love Tae. Meaning we'd be seeing Kurono - Tae - Kurono. But anyways I doubt she will get the chance to get 100 points, either by dieing or the katastrophe changing things up so much.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

DrPepperPro wrote:Kurono - Tae - Kurono
Oh, you just had to pull both Kurono's into this, didn't you!? Heh, I'm sure that's what ShinigamiGuts was talking about as well, but I was just trying to avoid that thought, you weirdos! :lol:

Yeah, I was thinking about that too, if she brings Kurono back, he's still going to love Tae. So what's the point? Maybe she's hoping he'll go for her if he's not obligated to be with Tae, but I don't know about that. He's got to feel more than obligation towards Tae or I doubt he'd stay true to her like this. Besides, I doubt the current Kei would be very happy at all about having a clone, heh.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Watch everything go out of whack and both tae's fight and kill each other for that chick causing a nuclear war.
/gantz
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Both Tae's? There's only one Tae. Did you mean both Kurono's by chance? Meh, it's a ridiculous theory either way, so I wouldn't worry about that happening. I seriously doubt we're gonna end up with two Kei's anyway.
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

As a change of topic for a bit, do you guys think we shall see any of the other main characters return from gantz, such as Shion Izumi.

also do you think we shall ever find out why the heck it is sending animals into the game? (what if there is actually a good reason why there is always an animal of some sort :shock: )
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well I don't know how many people we'll see brought back with the kastrophe on the way, but who knows? As for Izumi, I hope he stays dead, but that's me. He was a badass, but I just don't like those kind of people. You know, homicidal maniacs, lol. Nah, just something about him doesn't sit well with me. As for other people, I'm not sure who else would be worth bringing back. I always thought the animals were there just as a gag, like maybe Gantz has a sense of humor. That'd be kind of odd if there was a good reason. Heh, I'd like to know why anyway.