Ps3 game footage

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Damien
Dirty Sennin

Ps3 game footage

Post by Damien »

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Looks cool, but I am curious as to how muc hof that vid is actual gameplay, not just cutscenes. We can take out all of the MGS4 footage, since that is old news, but it looked like some of that airplane one along with the GT and the Formula 1 one stuff could have been actual gameplay. I mean, I if I wanted to see fancy cutscenes, I can still do that with a PS2. Don't get me wrong, it all looks Be-a-utiful and I am pretty excited, but trying to work up a hype based soley on stuff like that is, for lack of a better term, bullshot:

ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Oh man i loved that bullshot strip.

Moments like this, all we can do is wait. Just wait.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

They're always like that though. They show "bullshots" and try to trick you. The only game i think that actually gave you waht you saw in the uber screen shot was the resident evil series on gc.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah it´s like that everytime...
So what you gonna buy? Ps3 or X-box2 ??

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Probably......Sadly....... I would try to get an emulator for the few games on it i like but my computer prolly couldnt handle it. :cry:
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Buzkashi wrote:Probably......Sadly....... I would try to get an emulator for the few games on it i like but my computer prolly couldnt handle it. :cry:
Same for me. No money to buy them or better things to do with the money. But it'll take years until they do a working Emulator for those consoles.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

There are not even any fully functional PS2 emulators out there...

As for me, I'll probably get a PS3. The Xbox360 lost all its appeal when American McGee indicated that his Twisted Tales series of games were going to be released on the PC as well.

Of course, if a possible Halo 3 trailer truly blows my socks off, and Sega announces Shenmue III for the 360, I don't really have much of a choice in the matter.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

LordMune wrote:
Of course, if a possible Halo 3 trailer truly blows my socks off, and Sega announces Shenmue III for the 360, I don't really have much of a choice in the matter.

Quoted for nothing but the sheer honest truth...... I honestly bought my GC just for resident evil.. I played the resident evils on it and havent looked back.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Im getting ps3 yep.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Most likely Xbox 360.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I think i´ll get the new X-box too

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

PS3 has Blu-ray, what if blu-ray tanks and consumers go for HD DVD instead? Could cause problems for Sony. Microsoft and Intel just announced their support for HD DVD.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Gaiseric wrote:PS3 has Blu-ray, what if blu-ray tanks and consumers go for HD DVD instead? Could cause problems for Sony. Microsoft and Intel just announced their support for HD DVD.
but supposedly blu-ray can hold a LOT more on just one disc... it can go either way, the blu can succeed and the hd could tank and sony will win uber points. We just have to wait.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/News/NewsArt ... -HDDVD.XML
Intel and Microsoft said they also chose to back HD DVD because of its "hybrid disc" technology, which allows users to view current-generation DVDs on HD DVD discs imprinted with both formats. They also said that HD DVDs would be cheaper to produce, resulting in lower prices for consumers.

Oh that is fucking bullshit. They say it will be cheaper if they stay with hd dvd??? Fuck that, so why are the new games gonna be 60 bucks, maybe even more??

wow there is my rant...
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

halfnhalf wrote:Fuck that, so why are the new games gonna be 60 bucks, maybe even more??
Because of the costs for developing for Sony's bullshit multi-threaded Cell processor. And, art content increases drastically with each new generation.

In other news, a high-storage capacity HD-DVD has been announced, beating even the not-yet-prototyped multi-layered Blu-Ray discs.

EDIT: Also, most of Europe (well, Sweden anyway- high taxes is teh shit) already pay (or paid, then the dollar took a nosedive) 60$ for games.
Heee-llooo $80 Killzone 3
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

I think I will get both! ^_^ The NextBox (its what I call it) because of Elder Scrolls Oblivion and the PS3 just cause I've seen some good games for it. ^_^ But then again I'm not really selective, I try to keep my horizons open....
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Of course I would like to get both, but at the moment I cant afford two $400 systems plus games. So it comes down to which games I would rather play. And right now, neither one has a must-have game for me, so I will probably hold off. It will be weird not buying a system on launch day, I've gotten every system since Dreamcast on launch.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I want to get both as well, hopefully I will have enough cash to get the 360 by the time it is released or have it in a decent amount of time. Chances of that though are low...... :sad:
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I'll buy it when the first decent fighting game is released for it....Which will probably Neogeo Battle Coliseum since SNK announce it for the 360, which I think is stupid since XBox is more than enough to handle NGBC
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Yeah, but Microsoft wants to drop support for the X-Box as soon as possible. They just want people to forget about it and move to 360, which is why they are pushing its release date almost a full year ahead of the PS3 and Revolution.

I'm skipping the 360 until I see a real good game on it. Treasure's promise to make a game for them is a cool and all, but I'm not jumping on that bandwagon until I actually see the game. I'm expecting it to get a PS3 port after the 360 fails anyway.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

i dono why.. but with all this wireless controllers, there really isnt a solid support for actual arcade sticks for fighters.

For some reason, it feels that everyone is trying to push all the good looking things and leave the 2d genre behind. Where's the super hawt looking 2d fighter??? (3s looks hawt but its a bit old..)

i wont be buying any of the systems till like next christmas and hopefully there will be at least a game that ill look forward too, because as of right now there is nothing on the 360 that looks even worth playing...