Zolo = Guts!!!!!!!

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Zolo = Guts!!!!!!!

Post by Sandman »

I just relized last night that Zolo from one piece has the same voice actor as Guts from Berserk!!!! I checked it out today and its true Marc DIRAISON does both voices!!!! This makes me want to watch One Piece even though I dont really like it. Marc did a remarkable job with Guts's voice I want to see how well he voices a pirate hunter.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=16141
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I never watched berserk in english. Maybe i should.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I'm not sure if watching something you don't like because of a voice actor is really worth watching. Plus, it's dubbed, I haven't watched anime dubbed in a long time. Subs for teh win.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Yes you should the voice actors really bring out the emotion, the best part was when Guts yells out "GRIFFITH!!!" that always makes me shiver.

Eldo to tell you the truth it has some points that I dont like but for the most part it is interesting a kid trying to be King of Pirates who has heard of such a thing??? And cursed fruit that makes you invaunrable what is up with that??? Well I was going to give up on watching but knowing that Zolo is Guts make it that much more interesting. So I guess its not just the voice actor, but its no berserk that is for sure it might lose my interest soon who knows :twisted:
Last edited by Sandman on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

And when Guts sings "Berserker" in the outtakes.

:PLUS1: :kekeke:
ImageImage
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

When I first saw Berserk in english, I thought the japanese voice is better. But later after I got used to the voice I didn't like the japanese anymore. :(

The DVD Outtakes rock. :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I really really prefer Subs.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I watched Berserk in English as well...except for the last two episodes...although everyone did a decent amount of screaming there it didn't quite have the same feeling. The English voices matched those personalities incredibly well.

and Guts had a freakin' cool voice
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I was thinking on getting ahold off One piece, but cant buy it yet in sweden, and dont got a place where I can DL it either :P

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Who the fuck cares about english voice actors?
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Well when an actor does such a good job portraying a deep character like Guts with nothing but your voice, that is an accomplishment worth recognition. Also if there is a second season of berserk they had better get the same voice actors. I also think that the outtakes make the DVDs worth getting and watching in English. :twisted:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I checked this topic just cause i thought you were talking about the japanese voice actor for zolo and Guts were the same.

Dubbing is one of the worst things i know......
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Yes it is true that Subs are the way to go... with berserk I put the english voices on and the sub titles on also and they were nothing alike... that is how I know Subs are better

And another thing in the japan version of One Piece Zolo is Zoro, I bet they changed it in the US because they didnt want people to be confused.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

But i must say that the guy who played Spike in the english version av CB was great. I rented the movie long time ago and didnt know anything about subs back then.

Other than that dubbing sucks;)

One thing i dont like is that the japanese vocies in OP sucks bigtime everyone except Zoro,Usopp(sp?) and Crocodile.

Ruffy's who is a fav of min in the manga sounds like a 50 year old woman....
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

In other news, Midô Ban = Guts.

No filthy american imperialist-capitalist dog voice-actors here.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Necromancer wrote:The DVD Outtakes rock. :)
"Biatch please, don't hate the player, hate the game!"

"ha ha ha ha ha"

"Who let the dogs out!"

As for dubs versus subs. I think it is a weak argument. If you don't know a lick of japanese, then why watch it in japanese? To hear the truncations of the voice in a language you don't freaking understand? I think the anime rant that Eldo posted had it pretty good. Any who, there are some horrible dubs out there any way, Berserk is not that bad, should not be a big deal to watch it in English.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Well I watched Berserk in english after I seen it in Japanese it IS a nice change if the DUB is DECENT.

Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Damien wrote:Well I watched Berserk in english after I seen it in Japanese it IS a nice change if the DUB is DECENT.
That is all I ask, is that you give it a chance. Some of the otaku people that I know are so ghey for Japanese anything that they just bash the dub for no reason.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Yeah but, I can understand where you are comming from, but It can't be seriously trashed like the one piece dub that is absolutely horrible. Thats lack of caring about a series.

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Sandman wrote:
Eldo to tell you the truth it has some points that I dont like but for the most part it is interesting a kid trying to be King of Pirates who has heard of such a thing???
Naruto.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Reasons dubs, even decent dubs, are bad;

1. It's not the original. Plain and simple. It's a second-hand interpretation of a script. It's the same with subs, but if they get it wrong it's less heinous.

2. American voice-actors all sound the same. As do japanese voice-actors, but not to the same extent.

3. If Goku sounds like a little girl in the japanese version of DBZ, then he is supposed to sound like a little girl, period.

4. Americanization. Way too common- japanese concepts don't often translate well to american equivalents.

5. It is way too easy for the licensor to make subtle changes to the script; either by changing the mood of a scene simply by manually directing the voice-actors, or simply censor the shit out of the show. America is big on censorship for a country that values free speech.

If it's at all possible for me to read a book in its original language rather than a translation, I damn well do so.
Ayanami wrote:If you don't know a lick of japanese, then why watch it in japanese?
Albeit I do know a small lick of japanese, so I guess this argument didn't apply to me in the first place...
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I wonder what Skull Kight would sound like

...and come one Mune, don't tell me American voice-actors are that similar
there's a bunch of them and at least they are good

I hate most Hungarian dubs becouse they are literally done almost by the same people
and most of them suck
isse-pisse-päron-pung
Beware my tactical spam

Post by isse-pisse-päron-pung »

HEhehehe Mune. Ever seen Cyborg009? Was a danish guy who dubbed all the voices for the serie. Lots of grammatical errors and stupid voices ;). Now tell me if you had seen it with the original voices, it wouldn't be half as fun as it is right now. 8)!
~\\¨~¨ ;;-_x
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I hate the whole german translations. Yeah it's my mother language but they suck, so much errors and most voices especially in anime sound gay.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Ayanami wrote:
Necromancer wrote:The DVD Outtakes rock. :)
"Biatch please, don't hate the player, hate the game!"

"ha ha ha ha ha"

"Who let the dogs out!"

As for dubs versus subs. I think it is a weak argument. If you don't know a lick of japanese, then why watch it in japanese? To hear the truncations of the voice in a language you don't freaking understand? I think the anime rant that Eldo posted had it pretty good. Any who, there are some horrible dubs out there any way, Berserk is not that bad, should not be a big deal to watch it in English.
That's whats the subtitles are for arent they?
For example bollywood movies are big in my native country of somalia and many other countries despite we dont understand thier language.

First of all japanese is a wonderful language to listen too,nothing against english but japanense rocks.

Most importantly the original language is allways better, i mean if i watch an american movie, i dont go and get the dubbed version in german or something.....