You know you've read too much berserk when...

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Is this too dumb of a thread to let live?

yes
10%
yes, please call MrFelony's Probation Officer and have him locked up
22%
No, let the people spam away.
68%

Total votes: 209

MrFelony
E-Thug

Re: You know you've read too much berserk when...

Post by MrFelony »

you don't like jeopordy? and it's merv griffin :P
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

See, that's why Griffith is cool, his name sounds like so many things, but it isn't.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

The Herald wrote:See, that's why Griffith is cool, his name sounds like so many things, but it isn't.
I also believe Griffith was a name taken from a mythological dragon/bird like creature from Greek literature.

[spoiler]:kekeke:[/spoiler]
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

berserk sitings in japan!

ive been collecting these by habbit. there are more, but these are what i had time to upload:

and my judeu: (dont mind the many clocks, its a paranoia thing)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, nice. I love that it's a meatshop.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

The Prince wrote:
The Herald wrote:See, that's why Griffith is cool, his name sounds like so many things, but it isn't.
I also believe Griffith was a name taken from a mythological dragon/bird like creature from Greek literature.

[spoiler]:kekeke:[/spoiler]
No, the traditional Greek mythological creature is the chimera, a freak of nature with the head of a goat, body of a lion and tail of dragon that could spit fire.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... e_K362.jpg

The Griffin (or Griphon) is mainly from the medieval era, though these creatures are mentioned in some Cretan and Egyptian legends.
Wikipedia wrote:The griffin, griffon or gryphon (from Old French grifon) is a legendary creature with the body of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle. As the lion was traditionally considered the king of the beasts and the eagle the king of the birds, the griffin was thought to be an especially powerful and majestic creature. In antiquity it was a symbol of divine power and a guardian of the divine.

Most contemporary illustrations give the griffin the forelegs of an eagle, with an eagle's legs and talons, although in some older illustrations it has a lion's forelimbs; it generally has a lion's hindquarters, however. Its eagle's head is conventionally given prominent ears; these are sometimes described as the lion's ears, but are often elongated (more like a horse's), and are sometimes feathered. Some writers describe the tail as a serpent, in the manner of a chimera.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:027M ... riffin.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _CA491.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... 553bis.jpg
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Which is the one that's half bear, half manpig?
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Er, now you've lost me. And when I said Griffith sounds like things but aren't, I had the gryphon in mind. There's another one that stars with an M that they like in dragonlance, and another in Harry Potter called a Hippogriff, but the Potter series doesn't have dominion over that creature.

P.S. Fuji, that's the Judeau figure I have :P.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

hbi2k wrote:Which is the one that's half bear, half manpig?
No, it's half man, half bear-pig. Or was it half pig, half man-bear?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Manbearpig? I thought that was an invention of Al Gore in that one South Park episode? :D
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

it is.

starnum: i laughed so hard when i was reading it aloud "MI-U-RA Meatshop...." "HOLY FUCK!!!" and then my friend was AGAIN made to stop and behold this berserk wonder! although shes quite sick of it and me wanting pictures of all them, also not knowing berserk at all and disliking anime adds to it. no, shes not the best company, but if it wasnt for her i never would have seen this!

...when you take the effort to stop in the street (more than once) get your camera out (you have with you for this occasion) to take pictures of..."THOSE THINGS". and then upload them and post them here.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Nice! I like. Looks like Minura has taken a second job. Now we know why the releases are so far apart. Hes busy chopping up meat. :?

Umm Fuji, you have a paranoia of when the eclipse comes right? Thats why you have all those clocks? =P

Heres one from a while back. The sign said "GLITS" and I just couldn't help myself.

You know you've read way too much Berserk when you wonder what Guts power level would be on that dragonball scouter.
Its over 9000!?!?!?!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hellz yeah. :lol:
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

When you study for finals by using mnemonics that are berserk references...
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Haha, yeah, I get you there Dialdifordesi.

When you actually seriously contemplate spending a lot of time and money on a costume of a character every one hates, but also likes at the same time.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

dialdfordesi wrote:When you study for finals by using mnemonics that are berserk references...

YES!!! hahahaaha! thats a great one. very useful.

and
The Herald wrote:Haha, yeah, I get you there Dialdifordesi.

When you actually seriously contemplate spending a lot of time and money on a costume of a character every one hates, but also likes at the same time.
i would watch out for crazy fans who hate griffith... at conventions, everyone is a bit crazier than normal. most people tend to like griffith if they have only seen the anime. if they have read the manga...chances are much less.

cosplaying femto, you might get someone asking for your picture or asking WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT TO THE HAWKS YOU SONOFABITCH!?!?! either way, im sure youll have fun.

...when you finally kareoke to "waiting so long" and "forces" and when you do, you cheer and dont care that nobdy in the room even knows what berserk is. you found it deep within the jpop and you sang it. and then again you will sing it on saturday. \( 'u' )/
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

If anyone were to do a great skull knight cosplay I could die happy.

Oh, and you've read too much Berserk when you make your videogame characters look like Guts, Griffith, Caska, or any other Berserk character (Rickert in Fight Night 3? HAHA)
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

dialdfordesi wrote:Oh, and you've read too much Berserk when you make your videogame characters look like Guts, Griffith, Caska, or any other Berserk character (Rickert in Fight Night 3? HAHA)
You can make REALLY good likenesses of most of the major Berserk characters in Soul Calibur III.

By the way, you know you've read too much Berserk when you post a long, rambling analysis of the God Hand as a political and economic analogy on your Livejournal.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, no joke.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Fuji Nagase wrote:...when you finally kareoke to "waiting so long" and "forces" and when you do, you cheer and dont care that nobdy in the room even knows what berserk is. you found it deep within the jpop and you sang it. and then again you will sing it on saturday. \( 'u' )/
What names/artists are the songs under? Next time I go kareoke I'll make everyones ears bleed with my horrid renditions of wait so long!
dialdfordesi wrote:Oh, and you've read too much Berserk when you make your videogame characters look like Guts, Griffith, Caska, or any other Berserk character (Rickert in Fight Night 3? HAHA)
Streets of Rage 2: Max = Guts?

when you tell everyone who reads this thread to go look at your omake.
*ahem* http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewto ... 25#p108272
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

You know, with enough paper mache, balloons and tin foil I could do a pretty good Skull Knight cosplay. I'd just have to forget the horse. For the glowing eyes (which I think are green) I'd put green see through fabric behind the skull helmet. But if I do void then it's just a robe and a head that would sit on top of my head ... tough choice.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

hbi2k wrote:
You can make REALLY good likenesses of most of the major Berserk characters in Soul Calibur III.

AHA! i already did the SC3 character creation..YKYWTMBWY...comment a while back. classic!
lon3vvolf wrote:What names/artists are the songs under? Next time I go kareoke I'll make everyones ears bleed with my horrid renditions of wait so long!

you can look up by either song title or by artist, if you dont know them, then you havent watched/read enough berserk yet!!!
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Opening "Tell Me Why" by PENPALS
CLosing "Waiting So Long" by Silver Fins
All in anime music/soundtrack for the ps2 game by Susumu Hirasawa.

I just cant seem to find them because all the karaoke machines around here are in Korean.

Bonus points: Can anyone name all the songs/artists Griffith sings from in the outtakes? I'd like to try his renditions and freak everyone out. :)
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

One I know is from The Little Mermaid, but that's about it.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

theres the thing from clerks, the darkness song, little mermaid, oaklahoma,the "the winner takes it all, the loser HAS to fall and someone way down here loses someone dear" but i dunno...sounds familier but i forget..and other shit...yup

i can only sometimes find the silver fins, but i can usually find forces and sometimes i can find tell me why but it depends where you go and thats IN JAPAN. we have a fucking anime section for songs. im going to go to another kareoke place because the one we've been going to doesnt have enough different songs.