harry potter fans

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Necromancer wrote:Hehe btw. do you know the LotR Flash Parodies by Legendary Frog?
Nope, but I'm dying to see, just show me the way.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

http://www.legendaryfrog.net/

I like all his flashs. They are great.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well i just finished the book and i must say it was daaaamn good. Im sad it ended so early. Im craving for the next one now.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

The wife is reading the first HP book now, says its a fun read.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Necromancer wrote:http://www.legendaryfrog.net/

I like all his flashs. They are great.
Thank you for that.

I'm having sudden fits of laughter. My parents seem to be having doubts about my sanity. Bless them..
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

psi29a wrote:The wife is reading the first HP book now, says its a fun read.
Daamn ive been reading harry potter books for close to 5 years i think. Thats why i feel so connected to the characters ...lol ^^
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

I was soo sad when i finished Half-Blood Prince,now i have to wait a year for the last book of this series. :cry:

anyone thinks that Harry and Voldemort will die in the next book?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

My theory is that harry is one of the horocrux's. And that to kill voldemort he'll have to kill himself. And yea that book was really depresing. *sigh* I would kill to have the next one right now.
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

Buzkashi wrote:My theory is that harry is one of the horocrux's. And that to kill voldemort he'll have to kill himself. And yea that book was really depresing. *sigh* I would kill to have the next one right now.
If harry was a horcrux,then why would Voldemort try to kill him?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Well, the general theory which I've read, goes something along the lines that Voldemort does not know that Harry is a horcrux- but that it is some messed-up side effect of the failed avada kedavra which scarred Harry.

That a part of Voldemort's soul is in Harry would explain a lot about the "link" they share. It's clear Voldemort has some psychic link to his snake, which is most likely a horcrux; and he has a similar mental link to Harry.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

So in the end, Harry must commit suicide?

I hope your theory is wrong. :cry: The poor guy should be allowed to live a nice life afterwards.

On a different note:

*Spoiler*

RAB?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea ive been wondering bout that. DAMNIT I NEED A THE NEXT ONE
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

LordMune wrote:Well, the general theory which I've read, goes something along the lines that Voldemort does not know that Harry is a horcrux- but that it is some messed-up side effect of the failed avada kedavra which scarred Harry.
I have several problems with this theory.

1st - We're told that neither can long live with the existence of the other. If that's the case, than, while I can see Harry having a hard time coping with the existence of Voldemort, Voldemort would likely be done in by Harry's death. Thus, Voldemort requires Harry to continue living - that's in violation of the prophesy.

2nd - Lets remember that this is a kids story. Ok, it's gotten dark as of late, but ultimately this comes down to being a story for kids. JKR isn't going to be able to go to her publisher and sell them on a conclusion to a children's series that involves a martyrs death. I think she'll end this, and I don't think she'll end it with Harry's death.

The questions that I have remaining are these

1 - Is Snape evil, or acting under Dumbledore's orders? Did Dumbledore sacrifice himself to end any question amongst the Death Eaters of Snape's loyalty, or has Snape finally shown his true colors?

2 - Was that really Peter Pettigrew in Snape's house? We heard a lot of pollyjuice potion in this book, though its roll was understated. Snape is a potion master. Dumbledor told Harry that sparing Pettigrew's life could play a pivotal role later on -- what will that roll be?

3 - Is Sirius' brother Regalus still alive? We hear that he's been killed, but we also heard that Peter Pettigrew had been killed. The note in the locket is signed R.A.B. -- Regalus A. Black?

4 - Neville has been set up as a late blooming wizard, particularly in the area of herbology for several books now. He was the alternate choice for Voldemort's nemesis -- JKR has the makings of a black horse in Neville - what becomes of him?

5 - Harry has now, several times, attempted to use a unforgivable curses against Death Eaters. Each time the Death Eaters have saved him from his own darkness. This is something Dumbledore seemed never to know about. Will JKR deal with Harry's internal struggle as the central theme of the final book?
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

***SPOILERS***

Voldemort has 6 other Horcrux's. 2 of them destroyed, 1 stolen, and 3 others. Dumbledore commented Voldemort doesn't seem overly bothered by the loss of a Horcrux. Were he to trade a 7th of his soul to kill someone who is fated to end him, he might consider it a fair trade.

It would be more interesting if the Scar Horcrux theory were true. Another wrinkle for Harry to deal with. He would be one of the reasons for Voldemort's immortality, and at the same time he can't kill Voldemort while he himself is alive. Mind-numbing.
Killfile wrote:1 - Is Snape evil, or acting under Dumbledore's orders? Did Dumbledore sacrifice himself to end any question amongst the Death Eaters of Snape's loyalty, or has Snape finally shown his true colors?
If he intended himself to be sacrificed, he was running a high risk. Any one of those Death Eaters could have ended him there. Dumbldore would have lost his life for nothing if Snape was suddenly stalled. Though it's not unlikely, that's a huge gamble.

As for Harry attempting to perform the Unforgiveble Curses, was he unable to perform the full incantation? Or did the spell simply not comply? My book is 200 miles away at the moment. ::groan::
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

Artezul wrote:***SPOILERS***
As for Harry attempting to perform the Unforgivable Curses, was he unable to perform the full incantation? Or did the spell simply not comply? My book is 200 miles away at the moment. ::groan::
Both -- he tries an Avada (I think - maybe Crucio) in Phoenix and just isn't strong willed enough to pull it off. He gets cut off trying to Crucio Snape at the end of Prince.

It's just interesting that Harry clearly has, at times of high stress, reverted to using the darkest of magics - only to be consistantly thwarted by either his inexperiance or the overwhelming power of another wizard (particularly true at the end of Prince).

I'll be curious also, to see how JKR deals with Harry's very limited abilities - thus far she's portrayed Snape, and by consequence Voldemort as being well beyond Harry's skill set.
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Killfile wrote:I'll be curious also, to see how JKR deals with Harry's very limited abilities - thus far she's portrayed Snape, and by consequence Voldemort as being well beyond Harry's skill set.
Yeah, if Harry can't take Snape on, what chance does he have against someone who is Dumbledore's Peer.

JKRowling commented that Harry gains significant strength in the 6th book, but I still see him with a ways to go. Will the 7th book give him that much of a boost I wonder.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Harry sucks, but Dumbledore was constantly pointing out the "power of love". This leads me to believe that Harry, at the start of the final battle, will transform into the pink-colored LoveMachine2000. Voldemort-pWnage ensues.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I remeber reading several parts in the book were different people say harry really isnt anything special. He justs gets lucky. I think so too. I mean he couldnt even pull off one spell on snape. I do think that Ginny is really talented. I mean she was talking on death eaters by herself, in this book and in the 5th.

About harry using dark spells: Who the fuck wouldnt i mean come on those spells are badass. But i think he can pull em off, its just taht hes not that great of a wizard yet. I mean he pulled off the sectumsempra on malfoy.
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

My theory is that Dumbledore ordered snape to kill him...using occlumency,Since both of them are good at legilimency and occlumency it would have easily gone unnoticed by low level death eaters ,Because Dumbledore knew that he might not survive anywayz after drinking all that green potion and he didnt wanted to blow up snape's cover.

How did i came to this conclusion? cuz he didnt kill Dumbledore as soon as he got on the roof, he looked at Dumbledore for a moment (communicating using occlumency) and felt disgusted at the thought that he had to kill Dumbledore then Dumbledore beged him and he used the Avada Kedavra curse on Dumbledore.

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

That part still makes me depressed. It sounds right though. Maybe it didnt kill dumbledore though. I mean maybe he had some trick up his sleeve.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Buzkashi wrote:That part still makes me depressed. It sounds right though. Maybe it didnt kill dumbledore though. I mean maybe he had some trick up his sleeve.
It's a gut twister, no doubt. But if he suddenly jumped up shouting, "Just kidding!" And then prompted to do a chicken dance... It kind of loses realism. Life's more valuable if you only have one life.

Dumbledore: Health Points: 0

Disembodied Voice: "Do you wish to continue?"

Dumbledore: "Indubitably."

:|
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I dont care if it lost the realism points. It would make me feel better. I know i felt damn good when gandalf came back in LotR
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

Nazgûl wrote:My theory is that Dumbledore ordered snape to kill him...using occlumency,Since both of them are good at legilimency and occlumency it would have easily gone unnoticed by low level death eaters ,Because Dumbledore knew that he might not survive anywayz after drinking all that green potion and he didnt wanted to blow up snape's cover.

How did i came to this conclusion? cuz he didnt kill Dumbledore as soon as he got on the roof, he looked at Dumbledore for a moment (communicating using occlumency) and felt disgusted at the thought that he had to kill Dumbledore then Dumbledore beged him and he used the Avada Kedavra curse on Dumbledore.

This would be correct if occlumency was indeed a technique to read minds.... however by reading book 5 you know that Snape was teaching Harry Occlumency to PREVENT the reading of his mind.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Dumbledore's death is a good thing towards Harry's character. He can't rely on anyone anymore, save his friends. He has focus, and a goal now.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

TheDarkness wrote:
Nazgûl wrote:My theory is that Dumbledore ordered snape to kill him...using occlumency,Since both of them are good at legilimency and occlumency it would have easily gone unnoticed by low level death eaters ,Because Dumbledore knew that he might not survive anywayz after drinking all that green potion and he didnt wanted to blow up snape's cover.

This would be correct if occlumency was indeed a technique to read minds.... however by reading book 5 you know that Snape was teaching Harry Occlumency to PREVENT the reading of his mind.

Yea but isnt legilimency allow you to read minds? Or am i lost here. And if occlumency is created to read minds that means that someway or another someone can read your mind. Which im sure dumbledore can seeing as how he is so advanced and shit.