Interesting links

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Pikachupast
Found the Edit button

Post by Pikachupast »

Here, the trailer of the remake of The Omen, at cinemas on 6/6/06. Juas!
http://www.theomenmovie.com/!
Aprovecha tus buenos momentos y disfruta al máximo de tu vida, a fin de cuentas no saldremos vivos de ésta. ^^
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Pikachupast wrote:Here, the trailer of the remake of The Omen, at cinemas on 6/6/06. Juas!
http://www.theomenmovie.com/!
Cool movie, but honestly do you believe in that bs? btw, I thought the number of the beast was 616.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

If i remember correctly the number of the beast has always been 666.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Libaax wrote:If i remember correctly the number of the beast has always been 666.

Quote for truth.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/11134

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/150149 ... ?headlines

however there are still speculations around it...

owned? :P

Edit: btw, did you ever notice the brand on guts' neck? Its a 6 1 and an inverted 6.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Devil_Dante wrote:Edit: btw, did you ever notice the brand on guts' neck? Its a 6 1 and an inverted 6.
What the hell are you talking about?

I don't see a six in there.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I guess that kinda looks like a six, one and a backwards six.
It's a stretch ... :?
Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

I'm an atheist, and really have no knowledge of this stuff as lore. However I find Biblical things interesting. An example is when Pope John Paul II passed away, I was constantly searching and learning as much as I could about the history and process of selecting a new Pope. So this thread intrigued me.

After some searching, I found several references to '666' being the Mark of the Beast. It's actually his name, as well as his number. Revelations 13:16-18:
He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

This is from the New International Version, whatever that means. It's the default, so I'd assume it's in wide use (at least in English-speaking cultures).
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

BasouKazuma wrote:Image

I guess that kinda looks like a six, one and a backwards six.
It's a stretch ... :?
That's retarded.

Do you people even know what a six looks like?

People that twist things around to suit their "theories" piss me the hell off.

Hey, the inverted pentagram is actually a heart if you look closely.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I have to agree that it'll be way too forced to see 616 on the brand.

There are evidence that 616 may have originally been the number of the beast in the Book of Revelation, but 666 is the widely accepted number nowadays.

Who gives a shit, they have people that retcon this piece of fiction. It's not like you have strong and significant evidence that suggests otherwise.

Shit, I just remembered that Marvel's main timeline is 616. ZOMG!!!11

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Devil_Dante wrote:Cool movie, but honestly do you believe in that bs?
What, Christianity...yes. If you mean the movie "The Omen", then no. As for the mark of the beast, people have been speculating about it for centuries, but it's one of the most mysterious things about Revelation, which I've studied quite a bit. You see, Hebrew words and letters not only have phonetic values, but they also have numeric values as well. Thus, 666 represents the name of the Anti-christ, or some such. However, I know far too little about the Hebrew language to know what the hell that means. All I know is that when the government starts branding people is the day I go into hiding. ;)

Ever seen Demolition Man, where everyone has chips in their hands? Perhaps you've heard of Digital Angel? Yeah, horrible ideas in my opinion. One world goverment and currency, also bad ideas. Oh, and if it ever becomes a law that you have to attend church on "Sunday" (Which happens to be the FIRST day of the week), then you really know the shit has hit the fan, heheheh.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Eldo wrote:I have to agree that it'll be way too forced to see 616 on the brand.
More importantly, the 616 thing is a relatively new discovery and Guts' brand has been around since the series started almost two decades ago.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, it's a definite, and ridiculous stretch. ;)
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Femto wrote:
Eldo wrote:I have to agree that it'll be way too forced to see 616 on the brand.
More importantly, the 616 thing is a relatively new discovery and Guts' brand has been around since the series started almost two decades ago.
Logic, lawl.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I don't believe that the brand represents 616. I was just showing what Devil dante was talking about, for those who were unsure how he came to that conclusion.

Edit: LMAO
"In Marvel Comics, parallel universes are represented by numbers. The main Marvel Universe (which is also supposed to be the same universe as ours) is known as Universe 616."

I found that on the wiki page for the "number of the beast".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_of_the_beast

What the hell, people really do look to far into things.

"The popular Japanese manga and anime Galaxy Express 999, created by Leiji Matsumoto, which is rife with symbolism, involves a space-fairing train with the numbers 999 emblazoned on its front. This may be interpreted as being the number 666 turned upside down. In the story, the hero, Tetsuro Hoshino, travels on the space train to the planet Andromeda(which is manmade) to obtain a mechanical body to get vengeance upon the cyborg who murdered his mother."
Pikachupast
Found the Edit button

Post by Pikachupast »

XD. The end of all will be tomorrow. Reason ..... ME! ò_ó
XDDD
I always think the day of the antichrist was 666, anyway I haven´t investigated about it anything either
Aprovecha tus buenos momentos y disfruta al máximo de tu vida, a fin de cuentas no saldremos vivos de ésta. ^^
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Bluemoon wrote:I quickly became pissed. The mark of the apostle is the PERFECT mark of the beast. Its definitly 666 and it also could represent the translation error of being 616.
lol ask him, he really is into that sorta things.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

BasouKazuma wrote:"The popular Japanese manga and anime Galaxy Express 999, created by Leiji Matsumoto, which is rife with symbolism, involves a space-fairing train with the numbers 999 emblazoned on its front. This may be interpreted as being the number 666 turned upside down. In the story, the hero, Tetsuro Hoshino, travels on the space train to the planet Andromeda(which is manmade) to obtain a mechanical body to get vengeance upon the cyborg who murdered his mother."
I just want to say that Hong Kong is rife with symbolism, as their emergency number is 999, which may be interpreted as 666 turned upside down.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Eldo wrote:I just want to say that Hong Kong is rife with symbolism, as their emergency number is 999, which may be interpreted as 666 turned upside down.
Might be looking into this too heavily. According to this site, 999 originated from being long to dial in the old-en-days so it was harder to accidentally dial.
In the days of loop disconnect dialing (Pulse dialing or loop disconnect dialing, also called rotary or decadic dialling in the united kingdom...) attention was devoted to making the numbers difficult to dial accidentally by making them involve long sequences of pulses, Exception Handler: No article summary found.such as with the UK 999 emergency number...
Not saying that the symbolism isn't there, but there are other explanations for it.

EDIT: Fixed the hanging URL tag.
Last edited by Daedelus on Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I was actually playing along with the paragraph I quoted, I don't actually mean that Hong Kong has some kind of symbolism related to the mark of the beast.

panasonic

Post by panasonic »

correct me if im wrong, but that sounded like sarcasm....
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html
Pikachupast
Found the Edit button

Post by Pikachupast »

Let´s go with some live action.
Lady Punch:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7281635407
Who don´t want all these girls were in love with?XDD. Funny
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 25&pl=true
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

panasonic wrote:correct me if im wrong, but that sounded like sarcasm....
it is sarcasm.
=)
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Apparently an easter egg in the trailer for Apocalypto. You can find it at Apple's site in QT format but seeing as it's just one frame, view it in a frame-based player such as Media Player Classic (which you heathens should be using anyway). I know this has been around for a while but I hadn't heard about it til just now.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Wanted to see mario in live action? it owns

http://www.break.com/index/livemario29.html