The Giant TGS '05 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Malvado wrote: Well actually he is releasing a new game called "Bad Day LA" on the 360 and PC. saw the trailer on gt.tv/gametrailers.com
Gives me more reason to not get an xbox 360... Why get a game and console when that game can be played on a comp?
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

MGS2 came out on PC also, some people brought the PS2 for that game.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Malvado wrote:MGS2 came out on PC also, some people brought the PS2 for that game.
well i mean that was awhile later... wait wasnt it MGS1 the ps1 that went to comp?
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

no MGS2. The PC gets alot of things though. They got FF7 and FF8(bad port for a bad game) too shortly after launch. The PC FF7 even had things they took out the NA version.
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Wow i never knew about an mgs2 port. I was only aware of mgs 1. So is it a good port?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

A port shall always be inferior.

lol @ playing MGS2 with a keyboard.

Still, let's not derail this thread shall anymore, we? This is regarding news from TGS alone.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Malvado wrote:
LordMune wrote: And yes, Metronome looks interesting.

I suppose some American McGee titles (namely Oz and Grimm) at TGS is a bit too much to hope for...
Well actually he is releasing a new game called "Bad Day LA" on the 360 and PC. saw the trailer on gt.tv/gametrailers.com.

OH and gametrailers/gt.tv has like three trailers of subsistence, cactuar guy.
I though Bad Day LA was for the original Xbox? Anyway, BDLA looks awesome and the concept is cool, but I don't want McGee doing political commentary, I want him doing weird shit twisted to the point of being damned awesome. :)
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Well lets take another look at From Software shall we? Armored Core people unite to form more Mechs! Chromehounds

Some screens of [eM] for those that want more. enchant

PS2's Black, the FPS purely about blowing shit up Black
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The people behind Gran Turismo are working on a motorcycle sim.

Newslink: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/651/651118p1.html

That's kinda surprising.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

LordMune wrote:
Malvado wrote:
LordMune wrote: And yes, Metronome looks interesting.

I suppose some American McGee titles (namely Oz and Grimm) at TGS is a bit too much to hope for...
Well actually he is releasing a new game called "Bad Day LA" on the 360 and PC. saw the trailer on gt.tv/gametrailers.com.

OH and gametrailers/gt.tv has like three trailers of subsistence, cactuar guy.
I though Bad Day LA was for the original Xbox? Anyway, BDLA looks awesome and the concept is cool, but I don't want McGee doing political commentary, I want him doing weird shit twisted to the point of being damned awesome. :)
Oh yeah Xbox. Well I like it so far because the only other diaster game I know is diaster report for PS2. They were also showing it on G4(gay channel) today.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Femto wrote:- Treasures is planning to develop a sequel to the hit Nintendo 64 title Sin & Punishment, the company is pleased with the quality of the game.
That is so awesome. Kind of interesting how Treasure is now doing sequels now......

Can't wait to see some videos of it in action.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Ok the Nintendo Revolution CONTROLLER. It could be fake or blah blah whatever but here it is... you're kidding? I thought the PS3 controller was unacceptable.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I hope that is fake, but given Nintendos stellar list of decisions on the Revolution, I wouldn't be surprised by it (Not having HDTV capabilites, and trying to push it as a DVD player with differenet disc sizes than the norm to "prevent privacy" jump to mind). This would just be Nintendo shooting themselves in the foot again when it comes to their new system. Now the ability to play old Nintendo games does speak to me, C'mon guys, throw us a freakin' bone here.
ImageImage
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Hmmmmmmm, well, the Nintendo controllers........

No sir, I don't like it.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

So it's basically a light gun? It's exactly the kind of thing I was expecting.

Once again, Nintendo decides to neglect full genres and alienate their audiences with this thing. It might be fun for a couple of games, but how the hell am I going to play fighting games or Devil May Cry on it?

Guess I won't be playing Zelda anymore...

EDIT: A lengthy article on 1up for anybody interested: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143782
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I don't like the controller either, but to be fair, I will have to give it a shot and see what it can do on several genres. I highly doubt the Revolution is going to just forsake any one who wants to make a game for it just because of the genre it is in.

It will most likely be like the DS, we are going to get some gimmicky shit, but there is the chance that we will get something great. Who knows, games have not even been shown for the damn thing yet, thing is still a big mystery.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Nintendo has a lot more experience and know-how about controllers than anyone else on the market. There is no doubt in my mind that the Revolution controller will be simply extraordinary, put into practice.

And the power button is a big plus in my book.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Nintendo is doing the same thing they did with their Gamecube controller, which is making a controller that suits their taste and ignoring 3rd parties completely. I'm sure they'll be a handful of games that use this controller exquisitely but if this is their revolution, then it's quite underwhelming.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Femto wrote:Nintendo is doing the same thing they did with their Gamecube controller, which is making a controller that suits their taste and ignoring 3rd parties completely. I'm sure they'll be a handful of games that use this controller exquisitely but if this is their revolution, then it's quite underwhelming.
I would rather have that than the most likely Dualshock 2 style controller on the PS2. But meh, as ya do.

I am more excited about 360 any way.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Save for a couple of titles maybe, the 360's lineup has been unimpressive thus far, not to mention the fact that 80% of the games are war games.

- MGS4 trailer: http://tallah.org/video/mgs4.wmv

- Xenosaga Ep. III: http://the-magicbox.com/0509/game050915d.shtml

- Stupid: http://cubemovies.ign.com/cube/video/ar ... _qtlow.mov
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

What did you expect? atleast 80% of the games in xbox are fps and war games.

Damn what a great MGS4 trailer!

Its Solid for sure and i wonder whats wrong with him.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
oneofakind
Found the Edit button

Post by oneofakind »

You made my day Femto!

Great MGS4 trailer!!!!! Typical Kojima style!
I almost got an heart attack when i saw "FPS" but now i´m relieved, very relieved.
About Snake, i guess he is just old. If we can take the X form "X years since big shell" as "10 years since big shell" than he would be around that age.

PS: Have a look at the mini gear star wars rex!!!
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2 Pics at http://www.cyberfanatix.com/....bleh. It looks better....but will it play better?

99 Nights for XBox 360 looks crazy. In the graphics department I would have expected a little more(because of the tech demo shown before), but the game play looks top notch. I did see some collision detection problems with the environment which will probably be fixed in the final product. I can understand that there are thousands of enemies on the screen at once, but I'd fiure it would have looked better. Check out the footage of this game at http://www.gametrailers.com . This will probably be one of the first titles I purchase for the 360.

Speaking of toned down graphics. The same thing will happen to the PS3 games also. Don't expect to see tech demo graphics in games. Metal Gear Solid 4 looks to be real time, but I won't say anything until a more complete game is shown. Example: Like the Madden 06 tech demo for 360 looks nothing like the real game. I'm sure the PS3 and XBox 360 are capable of pushing real time graphics like that, but when the physics, AI, multiple enemies, are added, then you get a different product that doesn't look as good. The later generation games for the systems might push graphics along the lines of the tech demos.
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

I think tycho and gabe prety much sum what your saying in one word

After whatching the mgs4 trailer i must say im prety hyped up about the game. Snake is given a sort of venerable status with his look. Well heres hoping that as the last game in the MGS series, this will truly be a game like no other.