Pickup

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

After an argument with some friends I'd like to know what you think, or the people you know think about this

sideburns/earlocks r kool
48%
sideburns/earlocks suck
52%

Total votes: 21

Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

I can't understand how people can go to bars and clubs to meet people. The atmosphere doesn't lend to any sort of connection making. And like Devil_Dante said, the chances of seeing the same person twice is practically nil.

Artezul is right about not going into a relationship expecting "This is it, she's my wife." People can change during a relationship. That's why you have that transition period where you get to know each other extremely well. If there's a lot of mututal agreements or even mutual disagreements then you're fine. But if you find that she does nothing to stimulate yourself emotionally or intellectually, you're going to get really bored really quickly.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Most girls in clubs disgust me. Flirting with every guy they come along ... get some self respect.
Especially if I see a pretty girl flirting with jackass'es. I think in myself, ... what a waste.
Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

Not just flirting, but basically whoring themselves.

i'm kind of biased though since I hate people and crowds so I never go to those types of places.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Ellen wrote:Not just flirting, but basically whoring themselves.

i'm kind of biased though since I hate people and crowds so I never go to those types of places.
Hehe. Same with me.

And nowadays many people find their "true love" through the internet.
But I hate people that randomly add users to their Buddylists or something to flirt with them.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Necromancer wrote:

Hehe. Same with me.

But I hate people that randomly add users to their Buddylists or something to flirt with them.
I never did it myself ... and I never will. btw, finding your "true love" through the internet is a big joke. Since you can be whoever you want to be on the net. That's why pedofiles use it alot too.
Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

Hahah. Internet dating. It's like digging through the filthiest bowels of the world for a mate.
Internet dating doesn't work. Period. No one is the same person online as they are offline.

Best places to meet a "life partner" as it were are places where you can meet each other and learn about mutual interests.

I mean, if you're not looking for a someone who drinks and parties, why are you looking for someone at a kegger?
On the other hand, if you're looking for a girl who won't look at you like a queer when you say you like anime, maybe you should try a local anime club.
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

damn this topic is becomming a lot like something that could have been said by Doc Phil
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

That's why I wanted some of your own stories... :?
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Devil_Dante wrote:
Necromancer wrote:

Hehe. Same with me.

I never did it myself ... and I never will. btw, finding your "true love" through the internet is a big joke. Since you can be whoever you want to be on the net. That's why pedofiles use it alot too.
That's why I only meet people that I know for long time through the internet.

I hate those people that go to chats and the first thing they ask is "Age? Gender? How do you look?"

And I myself am the same online anf offline. :P
And I've got many friends I found randomly through the internet and real life that are the same.

It always depends on the particular person.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Necromancer wrote:And I myself am the same online anf offline. :P
- looking at acatar and sig -

You'd have a good chance of scaring the shit out of me :P
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Heh, I act pretty closley online to how i act in real life. I mean in real life I'm a bit more hyper. We just do a lot of stupid shit that requires physical contact.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Ellen wrote:Hahah. Internet dating. It's like digging through the filthiest bowels of the world for a mate.
Internet dating doesn't work. Period. No one is the same person online as they are offline.

Best places to meet a "life partner" as it were are places where you can meet each other and learn about mutual interests.

I mean, if you're not looking for a someone who drinks and parties, why are you looking for someone at a kegger?
On the other hand, if you're looking for a girl who won't look at you like a queer when you say you like anime, maybe you should try a local anime club.
I don't know an anime/manga club in belgium, and I am pretty sure that there aren't any :D.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

There aren't many here either...and I bet they have tons of geeks... - excuses himself for this -

I also act almost like this offline...of course it is not the same in another language, and I tend to use a lot of mimics, and distort my voice sometimes to add some more content to what I say...make it funnier that is...or mimic somone we know...that always gets me a laugh.

(speaking of laugh, I'm gonna go see if that joke thread still exists somewhere on the page)
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Skullkracker wrote:

Hehe, unfortunately I don't look like my Avatar. That would be cool. :twisted:
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Necromancer wrote:
Skullkracker wrote:

Hehe, unfortunately I don't look like my Avatar. That would be cool. :twisted:
sure would be fun doing shopping with ya (shit, where is the kekeke???)

- Look mummy, it's Batman!
- HISSSSSS!!! :twisted:
- WHUAAAAA!!!
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Lol I just came from a beachparty. Lots of cute girls. Some were looking. But still I went home alone. :s bizar