Chapters 256/257/258

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

Discussion. New Discussion. :worship: :thumb:

Thank god(and Nazgul) we have new releases, and thus more stuff to talk about.

I am proud enough to admit that I was wrong when I said Serpico had a fighting chance. I humbly admit defeat of that argument that happened so so long ago.

Also, though I may be wrong, I doubt Guts would fight for the nobles. He would only save them if it meant having Fanese and Serpico rejoin him. He may be much less dark now, but he also is very goal oriented, and thus would not waste time and risk the life of Casca and the others, just so he could save some wordless nobles.

I forgot to include he may do it in order to get a ship as well. Also I agree with Khelegond that if Guts did save them he wouldn't as for much of anything.
||||||| wrote:In the latest chapter the Guts-gumi is headed towards the ball where all the nobles gathered who are preparing for war. Now lets say this monster appears and after some casualties Guts appears and slays the monster. The nobles will be highly impressed and if they realize that they are about to be attacked they will try to persuade guts to lead their troops against the enemy. So the vision of the city being destroyed might be altered by guts appearance and he might evolve as the second "protector" of midland. It would be pretty ironic since this would make him Griffiths equal and thus friend...however the actual problem is casca's healing. perhaps for saving the city they will go to elfheim and return to lead the midland army. however this seemed not too senseless to me...what do you think?
Also I would already consider him an equal and a friend to Griffith. The fact that he is striving for his own dream, and is also willing to fight Griffith to achieve that dream meets the requirements of Griffith's friendship.

Well that is my long post for now.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The only way i see Guts saving a noble is if Farnese beg him to save her mother or someone else.

Also i dont think we should care if Guts meets the requirements of Griffith's friendship or not i know that Guts dont care about that.

Didnt Serpico tell them that they have a boat now when he came back without Farnese.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Hmm, well I just see the possibility of Guts going Berserk and possibly harming people and knowing his luck things will end up bad for him. That's just my personal gut feeling though, I'm really not sure because right now a lot of shit could happen.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I for some reason doubt Guts going berserk. I am not sure why, but it just doesn't seem right right now. Maybe I will change my mind after next chapter, but I am probably right I am never wrong. *points to my last post* :kekeke:
martyr3810
Mastered PM

Post by martyr3810 »

Erm, I'd just like to say that while I doubt he will go Berserk it MIGHT happen and I very much doubt he cares what happens to ANY of them except for his group.
I am without a home and in that I find my place in it all.
Lel
notanewb

Post by Lel »

Actually, now that I think on it the Hawks will most likely intervene.

Why?

Because Sonia happened to travel from the city to the Hawk's camp within the same day (or something close to that) so that means they must be pretty close.

IF the city is attacked by a massive Kushan group then it'd be pretty dumb if Griffith doesn't notice a MASSIVE BATTLE going on a little ways away.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I actually think that was quite a few days. Guts was down healing for a while. Probably not more than a week, but it was definately more than a day. Maybe only 3 or 4 days, but it was more than a day.
Paeschke
imanewbie

Post by Paeschke »

Actually I think that Guts will probably get put into another position of looking like the badguy by bad coincidence and thus solidifying the idea of the Light Hawk and Dark Hawk more for the people of midland. I think one way that this might happen is that I don't think he'd pass up the chance no matter how bad his chances of survival are to confront Griffith again. I think he'll get to him and maybe try and attack him and people will see this beatiful guy get attacked by this big evil looking guy and get the wrong impressions.

I can't see Gatts defending an entire city by himself from so many apostles and having much of a chance. So far I have always felt that most of what gets him the advantage is fighting the apostles one on one.

I think they'll just steal I ship if need be. Gatts could easily take over a small ship and I know he probably wouldn't think twice about it either. Also with the attack on the city he could use it as a distraction.
<user your imagination to insert awesome quote and pic here>

Amazingly Wonderful Post on these forums I like to call "How not to get Flamed as a noob" AKA the
FAQ
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Griffith only haves 5-6 strong Apostles on his team the rest are weak demons and monsters(weak against Guts we have seen him kill the likes of the like they were nothing).

If Guts fought the strong apostles one on one or him against 2 he would have a chance. But he is a smart fighter he wont fight them even if he has a small chance,he will fight them when he has a better chance.

Plus he isnt after Griffith right now, his goal is finding Farnese and leaving town for the elf place.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Iemander
imanewbie

Post by Iemander »

Arresty wrote:Discussion. New Discussion. :worship: :thumb:

Thank god(and Nazgul) we have new releases, and thus more stuff to talk about.

I am proud enough to admit that I was wrong when I said Serpico had a fighting chance. I humbly admit defeat of that argument that happened so so long ago.

Also, though I may be wrong, I doubt Guts would fight for the nobles. He would only save them if it meant having Fanese and Serpico rejoin him. He may be much less dark now, but he also is very goal oriented, and thus would not waste time and risk the life of Casca and the others, just so he could save some wordless nobles.

I forgot to include he may do it in order to get a ship as well. Also I agree with Khelegond that if Guts did save them he wouldn't as for much of anything.
||||||| wrote:In the latest chapter the Guts-gumi is headed towards the ball where all the nobles gathered who are preparing for war. Now lets say this monster appears and after some casualties Guts appears and slays the monster. The nobles will be highly impressed and if they realize that they are about to be attacked they will try to persuade guts to lead their troops against the enemy. So the vision of the city being destroyed might be altered by guts appearance and he might evolve as the second "protector" of midland. It would be pretty ironic since this would make him Griffiths equal and thus friend...however the actual problem is casca's healing. perhaps for saving the city they will go to elfheim and return to lead the midland army. however this seemed not too senseless to me...what do you think?
Also I would already consider him an equal and a friend to Griffith. The fact that he is striving for his own dream, and is also willing to fight Griffith to achieve that dream meets the requirements of Griffith's friendship.

Well that is my long post for now.
I also think the friendship thing isn't relevant anymore, however I think Griffith thought of Guts as a friend before he left the Hawks, something unusual for Griffith hence his last words: "You were the only person to forget my dream". Something Guts didn't know and understand when he left.

The Serpico and Guts fight was pretty much the best fight yet for me. even if Serpico didn't win, he still survived Guts which is very impressive. Even Griffith was defeated in one blow by Guts, and Guts is much much more powerfull now than he was back then.

I think he's going to protect the nobles too, for Farnese. After that there's probably going to be some incredibly huge battle taking multiple volumes :D. I can't wait to see Caska return to normal however, that's really something to look forward to. What would she say?
Iemander
imanewbie

Post by Iemander »

Paeschke wrote:Actually I think that Guts will probably get put into another position of looking like the badguy by bad coincidence and thus solidifying the idea of the Light Hawk and Dark Hawk more for the people of midland. I think one way that this might happen is that I don't think he'd pass up the chance no matter how bad his chances of survival are to confront Griffith again. I think he'll get to him and maybe try and attack him and people will see this beatiful guy get attacked by this big evil looking guy and get the wrong impressions.

I can't see Gatts defending an entire city by himself from so many apostles and having much of a chance. So far I have always felt that most of what gets him the advantage is fighting the apostles one on one.

I think they'll just steal I ship if need be. Gatts could easily take over a small ship and I know he probably wouldn't think twice about it either. Also with the attack on the city he could use it as a distraction.
I doubt that, he's grown very affectionate to his party, especially to the wizard. He wouldn't endanger his party unless he had to. I'm guessing he's just going to use the confusion to get hold of a ship.
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

I didn't say guts would protect the whole city on his own but he would lead the army against the attack (as raid leader)....and I said he would slay the monster (so farnese is not in danger), not that he would protect the nobles (it's just an extra coming along.. :-))

But there are a lot of other great ideas out there... so keep guessing ;-)

I wouldn't expect for them to take over a ship, since they need a crew, since they all don't know the sea. Besides they could have done so long ago. why bother getting a ship officially?

It's also to be expected for the people getting the wrong idea that guts is the dark hawk...however now the kushans are the bad guys, so griffith still has no need for a dark hawk...

can't wait to get casca back again....and for them getting rid of the brand. *daydreaming*
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Paeschke wrote:Actually I think that Guts will probably get put into another position of looking like the badguy by bad coincidence and thus solidifying the idea of the Light Hawk and Dark Hawk more for the people of midland. I think one way that this might happen is that I don't think he'd pass up the chance no matter how bad his chances of survival are to confront Griffith again. I think he'll get to him and maybe try and attack him and people will see this beatiful guy get attacked by this big evil looking guy and get the wrong impressions.
Disagree. Don't think Gatts will be attacking Griffiths now. I think, if choice comes to him, he'll prefer having Casca than attacking Griffith.
Paeschke wrote:I can't see Gatts defending an entire city by himself from so many apostles and having much of a chance. So far I have always felt that most of what gets him the advantage is fighting the apostles one on one.
I can see that easily. He just need the armor ;) He may think he shouldn't use it, but he might need it badly to save his friends. And now, he has a group. Serpico has his sword again ;) so hte fight would be cool! Saving the city, while the Hawks arrives in the end of the "party", to get the fame.
Paeschke wrote:I think they'll just steal I ship if need be. Gatts could easily take over a small ship and I know he probably wouldn't think twice about it either. Also with the attack on the city he could use it as a distraction.
He could say to them "We can't protect the city. It is doomed", wich is quite true...but I don't think he would steal a ship. He can't comandeer (hehehe Pirates of the Caribbean) it, not anyone on the group (thought Serpico might - he's a one smart guy). Farneze could command a Vermillion (sp?) ship?

Hmmm...I can't quite figure out the next chapters, but I think:

1 - Monsters invade the ball
2 - Gatts arrive in the scene, and save them from the few monsters
3 - They talk to Farneze and they go with Gatts
4 - Kushan attacks with full frontal force, and Gatts goes to the docks, defending the party
5 - The Hawks invade the city, fighting the Kushans...a freaking demon fight happens!
6 - Farneze (with her brother, or father, or mother, or whatever) orders a ship to leave with them...
7 - They look to the burning and raging city...

Cheers,

Khelegond
PS.: where says that Serpico is Farneze half-brother?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

In the chapters when you see Serpico as a kid who are taking care of his mother, way back several vols ago.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Khelegond wrote:
They look to the burning and raging city...

Cheers,
Hahahaha, I just pictured it...

what I'd hate to see is having to take Farnaze's sonofabitch brother and fagott groom to the voyage.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Trust me they wont be coming with them since they want Farnese for themselves and there is no way that Guts or Serpico will allow that.
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Yet, I don't think Farneze would let her mother and brother there. Maybe not the groom, but he's best friend with her brother, so...

Gatts probably would say no, but Farneze (passionate as she is) would make her "wide crazy eyes" (as Evarela likes to say that scares her) and ask "YOU CAN'T LET MY FAMILY HERE!!!", and...well, you can think of the rest ;)

Cool...I'm liking this thread!

Cheers,

Khelegond
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Er, you never know, actually farnese's mother seemed pretty nice, if the group escapes on a ship it's not that improbable that she'll come along. Possibly Farnese will want to save her.

Maybe Guts can have a threeway with farnese and her mom....

Of course the other possibility is that Miura let's her mom die at the ball, so as to bind Farnese stronger to Guts' party.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I won't look into it, but they HAD their plans for leaving, so in the end they just might be the chance of leaving. This would truly suck!

I want the gang to get back together at last and get into the sauce again...and find out how Guts can be given a severe beating. :)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The only person we can be sure of that Farnese want to save is her mother since it seems like she likes her unlike the rest of her family.

I hope Guts will be involved in a very long fight against the kushan or apostles,monster etc just to see how much he have improved since the last time he was in a battlefield.

Skullkracker:

Dont worry there havent been a fight were Guts havent beaten badly when he is up agianst unhuman foes,he is at his best when he has been beaten almost to death,hopefully that will happen again soon :)
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I ain't worried...

just referred to the thread about what could really get to Guts...besides gundams, nukes, tanks, or a jedi knight...allright, maybe the last would be eaten for breakfast... :wink:
Joeki
notanewb

Post by Joeki »

This is how it SHOULD be going .

Kushans come , guts slays a few , serpico and his biatch comr along , shierke dies , they go to neverland ranch and meet wacko jacko , Caska gets her memory back and then the clash of titans can begin ????

Sorry about that , nyway I'll just see how it goes. At any rate there are some tence volumes comming up :) .
Iemander
imanewbie

Post by Iemander »

Speaking of which, I have a feeling that Griffith is going to challenge Guts for a duel here, taking the Sonia - Shreike thing as a premonition.

I don't get however, why the God hands are keeping Guts alive. It's also funny how none of them save for Zodd as an apostle has any sense of honor.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Haha Jedi knight :P

Guts would say to him "are you kidding me, fighting me with a sword like that" Before he slices him in two pieces.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

they keep Guts alive becouse he slipped out of their hands, Slan has a crush on him, Void is too busy trying to find his ripped off face, and the other two wackos are giving eachother a blowjob.

What I'm wondering is: if the Kushans come, are Gr. and Guts fight on the same side again, or turn on eachother on the battlefield?
And, what is Csaka gonna do once she regains her old self? I wonder what she will remember? and want to do?