Vagabond

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Then why dont you put your top ten list in my thread;), i wonder which kind of mangas you like most.

Only Berserk,Ippo,Lone Wolf and Cub are higher on my list than Vagabond now that i have read more of it.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I've also read up to 15 now, and I just don't know why Matahachi got Sasaki's papers. Who was the dead guy he took them from?
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I have only read up tp vol 13 but the dead guy who he took the papers from maybe stole it from the real guy or was keeping it for him.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Yes, I guess that must be the case. Or it was that Tenki guy.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I thought about that after reading 15 too. So I checked, and it was in fact Kamekichi that Matahachi got Kojiro’s papers from. Yeah, Kamekichi was the kid that hung out with Kojiro that called himself Kusanagi Tenki. You can tell it’s him, b/c he has those scars on his face that Fudo gave him. ;)
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Oh, ok, that explains something at least, for the rest we'll just have to wait.

Now we'll just have to wait for the next scans :).

Btw. how far is Vagabond in Japan? In Germany you can get vol. 17 translated.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm not really sure, but I'm guessing it's on 19 or 20, but like I say, that's only a guess.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I know for sure that up to vol 21 is realesed in japan since i read that in the mangakas own site. And that vol 22 would start coming 19/5.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, there you have it. Thanks man, that's nice to know. ;)

That just means we have some catching up to do. :P

I can't wait to see some of the cool things that Kojiro does later, like his patented Sparrow Cut.

<--Has read Musashi's Book of Five Rings and his biography.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Well I got up to volume 19 in Canada and my bro said he saw volume 20 in stores.
*Spoiler*<--just in case
The story of Kojiro is still going on at the end of volume 19, not much fight in volume 16&17 just enought but volume 18&19 is filled with action! and in volume 18 you can see Takezo back in a nice fight scene.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hell yeah, I just read 16 and 17. You can get it off of the Despair bot now, in case you guys didn’t know. Anyway, I thought they freakin ruled, as Vagabond is want to do. Yeah, Kojiro is actually Musashi’s main rival, for those of you who were unaware. So, expect to be seeing plenty of Kojiro from now on, for the most part anyway. Yeah, I loved the huge scene with Sasaki, the other guys, and Ito Ittosai in these two volumes. Yeah, I found it to be exciting. So if Finito says the actions even better in the next two volumes, than I already can’t wait! Man, I freakin love this manga. I’m a man of the sword myself, of sorts. Anyway, reading this stuff along with history and the teachings of some of the greatest sword masters, it’s almost spiritual, heh. Oh yeah, and Kojiro looks awesome as an adult. No wonder he was popular with the ladies. :P
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thats why this manga is great it isn only about sword action, it have many other strong points like the spiritual side is great.

I'm gonna buy vol 14-17 in a couple of days im looking forward to seeing Musashi's main rival, he better be a great characther since he will probaly have a big role in this manga.

I wonder one thing that maybe you guys that are ahead of me can tell,if Musash's father is alive?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Don't worry dude, Sasaki Kojiro (Musashi's rival) is a bad ass. As for Musashi's father, I can't remember. I know Musashi tried to kill him before, but I can't remember if he ever pulled it off or not. They don't talk about the guy that often, but I'm guessing he's dead.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I'm hoping he isnt since he was so cool when Musashi tried to kill him. I hope he isnt dead cause when some samurai heard his name he menitoned how legandry warrior he is or was.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Bah, screw that jijii. I'm more interested in Musashi and Kojiro. Unless of course it involves one of them fighting him. :P
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

If he is alive Musashi will most likely go to him so he can fight him since the old man is a famous samurai.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, and then he'd finally lay the smack down on that wrinkled old jijii. :P
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Unlikely with his current skills if his father is half good as his name says.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Must download MORE!!!!

:roll:
Brainpiercing
Finito

Post by Finito »

Just bought volume 20, another volume full of action with Kojiro.
azncloud
imanewbie

Post by azncloud »

I want to collect it, but only after all vols are out ;)
Finito

Post by Finito »

Well I was tired of waiting for the scans on the net so I bought it instead, in stores they were like 10 volumes in advance, so I bought 11 to 17 and 3 weeks later, they release the scans in a batch of 5 volumes(11to15 i think)...
At least ill have them in my manga collection.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

That's what i did of the same reason and also this manga is too good to not support the mangaka.
Days Of The Phoenix
imanewbie

Post by Days Of The Phoenix »

Starnum wrote:Well, there you have it. Thanks man, that's nice to know. ;)

That just means we have some catching up to do. :P

I can't wait to see some of the cool things that Kojiro does later, like his patented Sparrow Cut.

<--Has read Musashi's Book of Five Rings and his biography.

In the Viz Graphic Novels, his patented move is translated as the swallow cut. I don't know if anyone else remembers Ukyo from Samurai Showdown, but one of his moves was called the swallow swoop cut. Is Kojiro deaf or is he just mute?
Finito

Post by Finito »

...Well maybe you should reread the volumes or think more before asking, becuz its pretty obvious that when your deaf, you cant learn to talk, so your mostly obligated to be mute too. You can talk but how can you learn it, and with the low technology they had back then.

Just wondering, the release, are they scans of the english volumes or translations?(no I didnt bother dling the releases since I have them in real book already)