Volume 13's Lost Chapter Remains Lost

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Does it make a difference to you?

Yes
46%
No
22%
Stop making useless threads Sandman
31%

Total votes: 54

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I was actually refering to psi29a's comment that the Tank releases are missing some chapters besides the one that Miura held back. I was wondering (if anyone knows) why they'd do that? It seems a very odd choice.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Oh, heh, no clue. I don't think he has taken out anything besides that chapter with Idea, though.

From recent chapters, there doesn't seem to be any changes to the volume published. Most mangakas omit stuff and add new material into the volume, but nothing drastic as to remove a whole chapter.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Actually, there were some chapters missing in Hawk's volumes. I found that 2 chapters were omitted in Castle Doldrey part of the story (volume 8, I think), and I had to get it separately.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I just hope there is never a lost volume!!!! like the adventures of Guts and crew during their voyage to Elfheim... of course that might be kind of cool like Berserk Meets One Piece :D
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

A lost volume would really suck, yeah, but less so for us then for others. At least we can get the "lost" stuff on the internet, but some people's only access is what's in the stores. A lost volume would truly be hell for them.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

A lost volume will never happen. That will be 10 chapters worth of hard work that'll never be included, and I don't think that's a smart move (mainly) financially.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Hey I know it would never happen everything Miura does in berserk is important and he would never do that to his fans.
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

If Miura gave a damn about his fans, we'd have the next chapter already.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned, and find me guilty for true guilt comes from within.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Hey, when man's got to take a break, man's got to take a break. Even if it means going to orgies :wink: 8)
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

Bengal wrote:If Miura gave a damn about his fans, we'd have the next chapter already.
Well the guy needs some vacations you know , but damn I hope Miura takes only a short break of one month right ? *shrugs* right ? :lol:
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I would rather this long break if it means that Berserk will be more consistant during the year... like every two weeks :D
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Yeah, in some ways these rather frequent breaks that Miura takes are more irritating then just having one long one, and being consistent the rest of the year. But oh well, it's not like Miura will listen to us, no matter what we think he ought to be doing.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Haha I'm not acostumed to waiting for Berserk chapters ( I start reading Berserk four months ago :lol: ) so until now I never have had to wait more than a week to get a new chapter . :D
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Well, now you'll have to adjust to the agony of waiting, just like the rest of us. Welcome to the club. But I'll warn you in advance, Berserk withdrawel can be extremely unlpleasent as you wait for the next chapter.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Ahaha true , even I am starting to act weird and talk shit here , man and this is only the beggining of this . I just hope to not mess up and get banned until the next chapter is out .
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

He took a break about this time last year but it wasnt quite as long as this... and since there will not be a chapter at the earliest December I could definitly say that with more certainty :evil:
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

So no Berserk for the rest of the year :cry: . Haha I just can't imagine how Berserk fans from the very start of this manga could manage this long waits . :lol:
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

So no Berserk for the rest of the year .
DON'T SAY THAT. There's still a chance (maybe not a very good one, but a chance) that we'll get a Berserk chapter in late December, and YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO JINX IT!!!!!
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Ok sorry , there is still some hope in December . :D
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Gattsblackfalcon wrote:Ok sorry , there is still some hope in December . :D
I think he'll probably strike back with some sort of Christmas blessing.

Have hope.

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

berserk really isnt that addictive...now cocaine...thats addictive...if you were REALLY addicted to berserk you'd be learning japanese or w/e so you didnt even have to wait the time it takes to translate it...undedicated fans :P
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Actually, I AM learning Japanese :smoken: :D

And Istvan, hold on man! Don't go towards the light! We need you!!
:D
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Yessssssss.....December......
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Just a heads up, in the tanks there are missing chapters all over the place. So, it comes down to which you consider 'canon', Volumes or Chapters.

A reason for removing a chapter here or there in a volume is probably to keep a certain pace that flows well with a volume

It is also quite possible that it is extra information just for people who get it through Young Animal, a treat for them who buy the issue every month. The volume on the other hand is edited down to fit the need of the publisher.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

When you refer to 'volumes', do you think of the scanlation volumes (like the hawks) or both scanlations and paper volumes? What I mean to ask, those chapters that are omitted from scanlations, are they omitted from paper volumes too?