Zodd Theory

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Hi guys long time no type...

Well from what I see I gather that griffith will send Zodd to kill Guts or his mage (for the live of me I cant spell her name:)) he will fail and Griffith will consider him useless and kill him. Maybe you never know...

Here is a stupid one Guts cuts off his other horn and when Zodd returns to Griffith's side Griffith says "you hornless bastard die!!"
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Shisho
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Shisho »

I'm fairly confident that Zodd is the strongest apostle. Grunbeld is most likely an apostle from what we've seen that relies on his toughness and bulk more than his combat skills. He wears armor and uses a shield whereas Zodd is just clothed in leather.

Besides you already seen how Zodd and Grunbeld interact with each other, you know that he respects if not envies Zodd as a fighter/warrior. Zodd is about the only apostle we know of that's been spending centuries fighting and searching for greater challenges.

It's pretty clear in the roles he serves too. He's Griffith's right hand apostle. Shit man he regenerates and flies too. So whatever, he's got it all.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I mean he cant get even close to him without bleeding to death,so it doesnt matter how strong he if he doesnt have a way he can get close and hurt Femto.
As I recall, the reason he can't get close is because the pain from the brand is so intense it incapacitates him (and would kill him in time) not because of blood loss. While that is a problem, I had an interesting thought. Isn't one of the powers of the berserk armor that it blocks pain? So maybe Guts can approach Griffith now (this would also explain how the Skull Knight, who was also branded, could attack Void during the eclipse). Of course, there's still the problem of getting close enough to attack someone who can shatter cannonballs by glaring at them.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I dont think an armour even if its one like his can help him against Femto. It was Femto who did something and made his brand hurt him more.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Shisho

Post by Shisho »

All I got to say is that fucking showdown is going to be the best thing ever drawn.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Maybe Guts will make something out off Zodds other horn to counter Femtos "bleeding effect" :P
No but honestly here, Guts needs something magical so he can get nearby Femto alive. And I can´t really see Schierke make that item.. Unless the final ending will be when she´s grown up and perhaps gotten a little hawt :lol:

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Maybe Skull will give him the thing he needs or tell him how to get it. Since Skull has been able to get close enough to Void to attack.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Ahh I forgot all about skullknight. Yeah there is a possibility that he will show him how to do so. Perhaps it has something to do with behelits ??

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Maybe Guts will do anything to take down Femto even it means doing something he doesnt want to.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

like a sacrafice?
(or f*cking Ashlee Simpson?)
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

It plausible that Zodd's weakness are his horns?
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Skullkracker wrote:like a sacrafice?
(or f*cking Ashlee Simpson?)
He woulndt go that far not even Guts that has slept with a demon would do that :P

Maybe Zodd will give him something when Guts kills him.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I dont think an armour even if its one like his can help him against Femto. It was Femto who did something and made his brand hurt him more.
Femto didn't have to do anything, that's the problem. Guts brand hurts when supernatural evil gets near. The more powerful/evil it is, the worse it hurts. When he gets to near a God's Hand, the most powerful and evil beings in exhistance, the pain is to intense for him to function. That's why I wonder if the berserk armor will work, since it blocks all pain.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The thing is he bled badly and felt extra pain when he saw them but he felt so much more when he tried to move against Femto,that cant be coincidence.

Even that didnt happen and my memory is playing, the armour is useless to him.

If it wasnt Skull would have killed Void a long long time ago.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

if it heads to the ending where guts prevails... he and skullknight both need something more to do anything against godhand...
Bow to Golbez
Shisho

Post by Shisho »

At the moment he has a magical seal on his brand too, and I believe there is a seal in the armor when they prepared it.

I also believe it was both bleeding + pain increase. They said that he'd be incapacitated by the pain and probably bleed to death from the blood pouring out.

It's obviously Void's magic and it's a possibility it was refined after Skull Knight. Maybe his brand doesn't function the same because it was an older version, and Void improved it with this mechanism as a precautionary thing to prevent any other sacrifices from uprising against them. There's usually a reason for why spells work the way they do. It isn't just some mysterious side effect.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Ah thanks shisho for making me remember that they left him for death which normal pain from being close to a God Hand wouldn't do.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah but isnt that mark on the berserks armor just for protection from Guts getting totally sucked into the rage and not to protect him from the god hand?

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I think its protecs him from evil spirit too. He wouldnt be able to sleep without it.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Wasn't it the same design that Schierke put on Caska and Gutts before they left in the first place? Before they even came back and recieved the armor?
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah I think it´s the same mark as Schierke put over Guts and Caskas brands

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Casca and Guts has the same charm that minimises the pain felt when encountering a apostle or dark spirit/creature, and in addition, Casca has a magical necklace and Guts has another charm on the Berserk armour (although the charm on the Berserk armour for Guts is to retain his conciousness and not slip to his savagery, the beast).

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The thing is he bled badly and felt extra pain when he saw them but he felt so much more when he tried to move against Femto,that cant be coincidence.

Even that didnt happen and my memory is playing, the armour is useless to him.

If it wasnt Skull would have killed Void a long long time ago.
My impression was that the pain increased dramatically the closer he got, so he collapsed from it before reaching sword range. Also, as for Skull Knight, he rarely gets a chance at Void, and if you recall during the eclipse what stopped him wasn't pain/bleeding caused by the brand, it was Void bending space so his own sword came at him. The God Hand are extremely powerful and dangerous even without the brand. I just hypothesize that the armor might block enough pain to allow him to function, defeating Griffith is a whole different matter.
Shisho

Post by Shisho »

I don't know if it's your guys' grammar, but I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly you're talking about.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Shisho wrote:I don't know if it's your guys' grammar, but I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly you're talking about.
That's funny.

Um, I think the Zodd theory is pretty good actually. I could see something like that happening myself. However, I doubt Void ever interacted with the Berserker Armor. Why hinder future Sacrifices, when he could just destroy it. Besides, that would mean he would have had it after Skull Knight, and I doubt that, since it's been with Flora. They said it was created by the dwarves after-all. It may not be enough against the God Hand, and the seals won't help much against them either. No, the God Hand will require yet another level to defeat, I'm sure. That's most likely why Skull Knight gave it up. He's probably ascended above it. However, he may not be enough against all of the God Hand, especially Griffith. Shit, he just now got his new sword, but he hasn't gotten a chance to use it on Void yet. Maybe the two of them could take all five right now, but I doubt it. Now we have the Berserker Armor...but I wonder what comes next.