What to expect in Elfhelm?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

what the hell! your confusing me now what do you mean the anime won't stop soon?
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

if you meant manga, that still don't clear it up much
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

Yea sorry my bad i ment the manga and i mean, like where the anime started so far ahead then went to the begining were not even close to that part yet. like if griffth was king at that part and then what happend to all of gats companions???
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Man, I'm glad I've already got this in the FAQ. *Feeling edgy tonight for some reason*

Look, in the anime they say that Griffith is king in the first episode. However, there are differences in the anime and the manga. Also, the manga is way past that part, because that shit with the giant snake apostle takes place directly after Gatts becomes the Black Swordsman. We all know he's been the Black Swordsman for some time now. Come on guys; get it together.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Pergatory wrote:Yea sorry my bad i ment the manga and i mean, like where the anime started so far ahead then went to the begining were not even close to that part yet. like if griffth was king at that part and then what happend to all of gats companions???
RED TEXT!!! That damn sure is annoying to the eyes. :evil:

Exactly what Starnum said. Muira probably didn't intend on continuing the anime, that's why he made Griffith king. Note that he said if the anime should continue, it would start from the beginning. He missed out on the introduction of an all important character: Puck.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that's a good point, and another good reason why we probably won't see anymore Berserk anime.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, that's a good point, and another good reason why we probably won't see anymore Berserk anime.
A good point? About the red text or the anime? :wink:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Eldo wrote:
Starnum wrote:Yeah, that's a good point, and another good reason why we probably won't see anymore Berserk anime.
A good point? About the red text or the anime? :wink:
I think it's the red text :lol:
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Actually I meant...
Eldo wrote:He missed out on the introduction of an all important character: Puck.
However that red text can go too, for all I care.

Speaking of important characters that got jipped in the anime, Skull Knight. Oh, and let's not forget the awesome fight with Wylde!
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Starnum wrote:Actually I meant...
Eldo wrote:He missed out on the introduction of an all important character: Puck.
However that red text can go too, for all I care.

Speaking of important characters that got jipped in the anime, Skull Knight. Oh, and let's not forget the awesome fight with Wylde!
Oh yea. There was too much cut out of the anime
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Don't think it'll post censorship if it gets the anime gets released again...even if it's at a VERY late timeslot. I know, Gantz didn't get censored and blah, but the MATURE SCENES and REFERENCES are kinda mild compared to Berserk.

Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Eldo wrote:Don't think it'll post censorship if it gets the anime gets released again...even if it's at a VERY late timeslot. I know, Gantz didn't get censored and blah, but the MATURE SCENES and REFERENCES are kinda mild compared to Berserk.
You also have to realize what year it was at the time. And Berserk has much, much more to censor compared to Gantz
ImageImage
Dark_Zilo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Dark_Zilo »

Gantz uncensored is good but the scenes in Berserk are more - how should i out it? - lively, even though i think that they couldn't capture accuratly the characters.
i think that's why some of them don't appear in the anime

it would be nice if they made some sort of OVA with Guts in Elfhelm
with the new technologies it should be easier to make all those characters
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

Starnum wrote:Man, I'm glad I've already got this in the FAQ. *Feeling edgy tonight for some reason*

Look, in the anime they say that Griffith is king in the first episode. However, there are differences in the anime and the manga. Also, the manga is way past that part, because that shit with the giant snake apostle takes place directly after Gatts becomes the Black Swordsman. We all know he's been the Black Swordsman for some time now. Come on guys; get it together.
and to add on that, king doesn't necessarily mean ruler of all the lands. Don't the apostles reffer to Griffith as their king?
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

Dio wrote:
Buzkashi, you smoke crack don't you? There's no way Shrierke and Gatts are going to become intimate.

That would be VERY interesting and twisted. I wouldn't put it past Miura

I would. Gatz has been given plenty of opportunities to score with underage girls before this, and has not shown even an ounce of the pedophilia. And we know that Miura will have little girls at least get violated. So while there is always a chance that Shierke will get laid in the series, it won't be with the guy who weilds the big sword. Heh.
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

you never know...
as a fan i learned to expect the unexpected.
also there maybe a time where such impulses are too great for Guts to restrain
Get bitten by me
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

InsaneNoodlyGuy wrote:
Dio wrote:
Buzkashi, you smoke crack don't you? There's no way Shrierke and Gatts are going to become intimate.

I would. Gatz has been given plenty of opportunities to score with underage girls before this, and has not shown even an ounce of the pedophilia. And we know that Miura will have little girls at least get violated. So while there is always a chance that Shierke will get laid in the series, it won't be with the guy who weilds the big sword. Heh.
Overfiend like? I can se that happening
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

InsaneNoodlyGuy wrote:
Dio wrote:

Everyone forgot about the prostitute Nina who joined this sex cult and got shagged by about a dozen men. She was probably around Schierke's age probably a few years older, but not 'barely legal'. Heh.

Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

Eldo wrote:
InsaneNoodlyGuy wrote:
Dio wrote:

Everyone forgot about the prostitute Nina who joined this sex cult and got shagged by about a dozen men. She was probably around Schierke's age probably a few years older, but not 'barely legal'. Heh.
She was older by a few years. Nina had to be like 16 or so
ImageImage
Dark_Zilo

Post by Dark_Zilo »

and Schierke is like what? 10??
the diference in age can't be that great
Get bitten by me
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Schierke must be atleast 12,13

I hope Guts dumps Caska and goes after his vengence as usuall.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

just because he herd of elfheim doesn't mean that changes his goals. revenge and restoring caska were prolly both his goals, you see that sometimes he misses being able to talk to her like in the hawks days
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Err, ya, talk..... right.

However, even thinking of Gats screwing Shierke is twisted beyond measure. Also I think the prostitutes in the Retribution sub-arc were meant to be older, I'd say at least 20 or so. Even Farnese, who does look vey young, must be well over 18. Miura just doesn't pay as much attention to the ages of other people as to Gats'. Also, being Japanese, I think his age view is tainted by the way asians, espcially girls, look much younger. I know several chinese girls who could easily pass themselves off as 15 in Europe or the US, but are actually 25. So I guess any manga girl meant to be 25 could look like 15.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Brainpiercing wrote:Err, ya, talk..... right.

However, even thinking of Gats screwing Shierke is twisted beyond measure. Also I think the prostitutes in the Retribution sub-arc were meant to be older, I'd say at least 20 or so. Even Farnese, who does look vey young, must be well over 18. Miura just doesn't pay as much attention to the ages of other people as to Gats'. Also, being Japanese, I think his age view is tainted by the way asians, espcially girls, look much younger. I know several chinese girls who could easily pass themselves off as 15 in Europe or the US, but are actually 25. So I guess any manga girl meant to be 25 could look like 15.
Well, that's cos chinese girls are short. I think Nina was probably 15. Schierke is probably 13. It really doesn't matter, they are both underage.

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

It's not the height, it's the face (and the small tits). Their faces do look younger than caucasion faces when they are between 20 and 30, in general, at least if they had good skin to start out with. Of course lots of asian girls have bad skin, too, but even caucasions with good skin will look on average older when they are around 25.

Well, the prostitutes never mention their ages, but Luca for instance is too mature to be underage, and the soldier guy who courts her doesn't seem like a guy to go for little girls. I think the rest aren't much younger than her. Nina's lover doesn't look like 16. Also, Casca fits right in with them, and she must be around the same age as Gats, i.e. early to mid 20s.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.