Ch 261

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

hmm i wonder if mystic would be willing to help EG have its own translation team :D. from the several you did i think you definitely brought out miura's writing skills (or your own atleast ;)).
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

MrFelony wrote:hmm i wonder if mystic would be willing to help EG have its own translation team :D. from the several you did i think you definitely brought out miura's writing skills (or your own atleast ;)).
Thank you, I am certainly willing. I've contacted some of the higher ups about it, so we'll see what happens. Berserk is very close to my heart, and I count my lucky stars that I decided to pick the anime off the rental shelf a few years back and check it out. I owe it much soul searching and inspirations since then.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

heh you gotta love block busters' VERY limited anime section :D
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

Sorry about this all,v2 will be released by tomorrow,dont forget to thank Wandering_Mystic for his great work.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Wandering_Mystic wrote:
MrFelony wrote:hmm i wonder if mystic would be willing to help EG have its own translation team :D. from the several you did i think you definitely brought out miura's writing skills (or your own atleast ;)).
Thank you, I am certainly willing. I've contacted some of the higher ups about it, so we'll see what happens. Berserk is very close to my heart, and I count my lucky stars that I decided to pick the anime off the rental shelf a few years back and check it out. I owe it much soul searching and inspirations since then.
Wow, you even sound like a Wandering Mystic. Lol guess you are in EG team now. nice work :P
ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

Congratulations Mystic :beer:
"Living for the future is more important than trying to avenge the past...i guess." -Puck
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Way to go EG, you guys rock. The chapters always seem to just pop up out of the blue right now.

Well, I've made myself useful, too, look for a direct in the interstice.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Thank's for last second save Mystic! Now it all makes sense.
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

http://bt.evil-genius.us/allowed/8666cb ... c4.torrent

MD5:c22edbf9ea392b05e75f31e5fd1ce63a [Evil_Genius]Berserk_v30c261_v2.rar

Info Hash: 8666cba775aa16a8b51a0fd456f4cfdc307278c4

Alrighty, here is version 2.0 of the latest release, translated by Wandering_Mystic. Everyone give him a big round of applause. No more skullknight.net translations for us. :P
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Funny how psi and I were talking about the translator issue the other day...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Nice work and thx Mystic. :)
Baz wrote:Hmm.. Did anyone else pick up on the whole Rose and thorn theme, that Schierke was using and how reminiscent of the SkullKnight's Coat of Arms it is. I had always thought SkullKnight's armour was make by the Elf King after Puck said he had a 'Fairy's scent'(ch 142), but perhaps it was Flora who make it or who knows they may have worked together? :shock:
I always thought it was because he lives all the worlds and that that fairy thing just reffers to the astral world.
And thorns are often used as visuals for magic that binds it's target.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

maybe Puck and Farnase had a child that came back from the future after a massive plastic surgery
no comment

Thank you Mystic, the new release is coool!
Good work!!!
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Wow!! Thanks Mystic! This new translation rocks!! ^_^
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Heh, the new trans is totally different. With the old one Farnese stays and with the new one she goes. What gives, is it really possible to actually translate it in such different ways? Or did the old translation just suck so badly? Eldo or someone, please enlighten me a little on this.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
SirPhobos
imanewbie

Post by SirPhobos »

Many thanks to Mystic on a job well done; and for what it's worth [and as sappy as it may sound], I'm rather glad Farnaze made the decision she ended up making in the chapter; here's to future chapters :)
-The gods can not do for man what man must do for himself.
-Diamonds: That'll shut her up.
Oro
Evil Genius

Post by Oro »

Brainpiercing wrote:Heh, the new trans is totally different. With the old one Farnese stays and with the new one she goes. What gives, is it really possible to actually translate it in such different ways? Or did the old translation just suck so badly? Eldo or someone, please enlighten me a little on this.
Old trans were mistranslated by Skullknight.net and new one is correctly translated by Mystic,thats why we did v2.so yea Farnese IS GOING WITH GUTTS.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

hah, all the Voids at one place!

Congrats Mystic on being a mod now!
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Brainpiercing wrote:What gives, is it really possible to actually translate it in such different ways?
Yeah, it's possible- but it's definetly a lot easier to get it so terribly wrong if the translator in question sucks. Hell, I should know.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

*bows*

For Great Justice

Edit: And about the translation differences, the other one sucked so bad I can hardly call it a translation. A lot of the lines in the other one were completely made up. Sometimes there are subtleties and different interpretations, especially between Japanese and English, but most of the text in this chapter was ridiculously straightforward, so I don't know what that other translator was up to.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

That translator reminds me of myself when I'm...

Never mind. :oops:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
inkthinker
Found the Edit button

Post by inkthinker »

Thanks for the new chapter! You guys rock!! And another congrats to the new translator!

Serpico looked pretty scary standing over that crew. Miura's art is just... unbelievable. And this is coming from someone who makes a living with illustration... he's come a long way from the first volumes, and now he's just plain incredible.

I think it's funny (in an interesting/cool way) that Miura's stocking up his various characters so that they're "contenders". None of them is a match for Guts, of course, but they're becoming players who can contribute. Very little dead weight on his team, espescially if they can cure Casca.
Baz
notanewb

Post by Baz »

To be fair to SkullKnight it wasn't their normal translator, it was some new guy wanting to have a go. I normally look at theirs till you guys bring out yours, what can I say I need my Berserk fix as soon as possible.
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

actually i kinda thought it made a little sence with her staying cause the way it showed serpico at the window and her saying she was staying kinda look accurate like she was staying and he couldnt be with her anymore or something...but i like the new ending better
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Eldo wrote:That translator reminds me of myself when I'm...

Never mind. :oops:
*pats eldo on shoulder*
Yeah, I know how it feels...
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
ucrzymofo87
This is my new home

Post by ucrzymofo87 »

so if farnese is going with guts, then how are they going to get a boat to elfhelm? wasn't the condition that they get a boat if farnese marries roderick?

guts should just kick the kushan's ass and then demand a boat from vandimeon for saving his life
"Living for the future is more important than trying to avenge the past...i guess." -Puck