Which Mangas are you reading?

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Finally reread Gunsmith Cats, it was as awesome as i remembered, too bad Dark Horse censured a shit load of pages.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I brought much more of Red Prowling Devil, manga was selling 10 for $25 at otakon so I picked up some Rebound as well.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i found out that Eden is starting to be published now! i have read loads of chapters, and i am now happy to see it out. i am reading the beginning to make sense of the out of place parts i read a while ago.

also, even though it comes off to be girly, Saikano is quite disturbing and gory to boot. the cute little girls turn out to be fucking bad ass and although i remember it to be intense, the story is strong and the characters likable. i read it a while back when my sister brought it from spain, but that was only 4 volumes and i dont know spanish that well. (though i could guess most everything i needed to) all in all its a comic that seems to be worth some of my time.

i recommend both Eden and Saikano to those who haven't read either yet.

im so busy right now i only have time for berserk, but hopefully i can get back into the swing once i finish up some stuff.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
starzee
imanewbie

Post by starzee »

My 5 top reading Manga...

1. Bleach
2. D.Gray-Man
3. Air Gear
4. Naruto
5. One Piece
Finito

Post by Finito »

None of those 5 are project of EG... what made you come to EG's forums? And you got narutard, air gear and bleach in your top 5... for someone who likes shonen, your one with the worse tastes ive seen lately.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Finito wrote:None of those 5 are project of EG... what made you come to EG's forums? And you got narutard, air gear and bleach in your top 5... for someone who likes shonen, your one with the worse tastes ive seen lately.
Bleach isnt so bad, it has nice art work, concept and big tits. But yea naruto and air gear kinda suck.
Finito

Post by Finito »

Bleach is repetitiverepetitiverepetitiverepetitiverepetitiverepetitiverepetitivereprepetitiveetitiverepetitiverepetitiverepetitiverepetitiverepetitiverepetitrepetitiveive, which makes it for the most part predictable and uses old bad cliche like the father and son ressemblance.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Bleach is good shonen,Naruto garbage, OP is AWESOME!

OP is one of few shonens that doesnt repetive.

D-Gray Man,Air Gear is even worse than Naruto is these days.

I gave up on them after less than a vol.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I'm reading Slam Dunk at the moment. Currently on volume 26. Should be finishing it up this week. ;)
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I like Tenjou Tenge and that is made by Air Gear man right? Did he start to suck when making Air Gear or something?
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Rereading Berserk. :D

And if i can get myself to move my lazy ass, i´ll finally read Emma.
ZombieToaster
Mastered PM

Post by ZombieToaster »

Libaax wrote:OP is one of few shonens that doesnt repetive.
You sure about that? i read the first 17 volumes a year or two ago and they were quite repetetive with the group of heroes travelling in their bout. ariving at an island. fight lots of whacked out bad guys, repeat.
Malvado wrote:I like Tenjou Tenge and that is made by Air Gear man right? Did he start to suck when making Air Gear or something?
And here comes the reason i visited this thread.

I just started reading Tenjou Tenge and i am very dissapointed. I had only read a few one-shots from oh great before but they were good. TT wasnt :(
Groovy!
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Of course if you are going to look at it from the "island" perspective, it is repetitive. That's not what Libaax meant.

Getting hooked on 666 Satan oddly. It seems to follows the inverted path of Naruto, which is precious when you know the authors are brothers. It starts real bad, I think as bad as a manga can start (crappy art, characters are transparents and unattaching, storyline absent), but it gets real better. In the latter chapters and the apparition of angels and others stuffs, art really kicks up a notch, designs are scary looking (in a good way: the angels really look scary), characters gain some credibility adn storyline is more...tight (fashionable word this day).

In short, I will keep an eye on it.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

What i mean for BEING a shonen OP doesnt get repetive.

Of course they travel around and fight bad guys.

But unlike many shonens the bad guys and places they go to are much more diffrent than the last one.

The pirate leaders and bad guys are more stranger than the last one which are cool.

I thought that crocodile dude was strange with his power and character. But he is very normal compared to some of the people they have fought since then.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Finito

Post by Finito »

One piece's strong point is originality.

It is repetitive, but repetitive gets boring becuz its predictable and blows the punch of whats going to happen, but Oda's creativity and originality makes it up greatly and even if you end up predicting the main events or most evident, you cant predict the millions of stuff the author adds up with his originality.
This added up with a shonen manga about Pirates with loads of action, plenty of jokes and pretty decent art, unless you dont like those things, you cant really go bad.

So if something is repetitive, but you add loads of fun stuff to the repetiveness you can make it real decent. Thats what alot of mangas are made of, but some just fail in adding enough fun stuff or fail in changing the routine enough to make it enjoyable.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

You can also say its not repetive at all if only the main events are but not the rest.

Oda shows huge amount of creativity when he writes which is why OP isnt like the avreage shonen.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

The only 2 manga I read is Berserk (obviously why i'm here) and One Piece because I got tired waiting for the Anime to catch up.

One Piece is great and so what if the whole point of the show is for the characters to sail in a boat from one side of the world to another? If they didn't go on islands at all then there would be nothing but ocean in each of the episodes/chapters and all the battles would take place on board a ship and now that would be repititive.
ZombieToaster
Mastered PM

Post by ZombieToaster »

now, you guys have taken this the wrong way.

you seem to think that i meant that i fealt that the main characters were stepping onto the same island and fighting the same villians all the time.
that was not the case. i agree completely with finito. otherwise i wouldnt have read as much as 17 vols ;)
Groovy!
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

getting more into angel sanctuary manga. while my friend is watching my berserk box set, im reading her Angel S mangas.

also, i saw that nhk is coming out from tokyopop. that sucks.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I read horrible news in K-manga forums. Ares is stopped after 17,it doesnt have an ending.

Not cause the manhwa was selling bad cause the company went bancrupt.

Lame of the other korean manwha companies not to buy this awesome manhwa.

I hate when this stuff happens..
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Really, why the hell is the manwha industry such a mess?
Finito

Post by Finito »

This is some old news...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah i know it ended in 2004.

What i wonder is why didnt you share with us when you knew a long time :P
ZombieToaster
Mastered PM

Post by ZombieToaster »

I just started re-reading hellsing. I have only read 4 volumes before but noe im planning to read them up to current(so i dont have to avoid topics about it in fear of spoilers)

I also read the first volume of trinity blood and was very suprised to see that it was drawn shoujo style. not very much like the anime.
Groovy!
silverado
Found the Edit button

Post by silverado »

Libaax wrote:I read horrible news in K-manga forums. Ares is stopped after 17,it doesnt have an ending.

Not cause the manhwa was selling bad cause the company went bancrupt.

Lame of the other korean manwha companies not to buy this awesome manhwa.

I hate when this stuff happens..
Since I've read Ares up to volume 19, I can definitely say that it is continued! I'll upload and add it in one of the next weekly update posts.

silverado
Visit Us @ Manga Underground For RAWS,
Manga and Anime Updates:
http://mu.manganet.org/