Favorite Berserk Quotes

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Re: Favorite Berserk Quotes

Post by The Herald »

Guts -- If I win I'll give you matching hole in your chest!!
Griffith -- ........ what if I win?
Guts -- Then you make me your soldier or fag boy or whatever!

Book 4, when Guts wakes up right after he was attacked by Corcus and then had Casca sleep with him under Griffith's orders. We all know this point. It's a bit of foreshadowing eh?

Another one I like is when Roderick first met Guts, he knocked him on his chest, which was pretty daring because Roderick just saw him swing his huge sword around and Guts is way taller than him, and said, "Hey chief." From then on Roderick has been my dude. :beer:
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Seraph
imanewbie

Post by Seraph »

my favourite quotes for berserk is when sir owen confront guts in vol 30.

'' it caught my eye many times on the battlefield, you a young swordsman withe the eyes of a beast and that giant sword on your back rode alongside him,the white hawk''.

and

''clouded in that fog it's as though he were a fleeting apparition of bygone days''.
Chuck Norris was originally offered the role as Frodo in Lord of the Rings. He declined because, "Only a pussy would need three movies to destroy a piece of jewelery
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

right to left

The timing.....his attitude while saying it......that smile.........perfect.

Simply PERFECT.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
8GaugeBrett
imanewbie

Post by 8GaugeBrett »

v24 ch205
Isidro (commenting about Guts)- Even now seeing him fighting under the moonlight will chill me to the bone... You don't know which one is the monster.
RanShi
imanewbie

Post by RanShi »

Griffith after Guts fight with Zodd in the snow. Kinda makes you wonder.
"And now Guts, by some alien logic, I own you."
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

-During Hawks victory banquet:
Guts: You guys....Take it from here.....
(Guts leaves...)
Ladies: Ooooh Where's he going?
Corkus: Well, I'm the one who taught him the sword y'see....
Corkus: Besides, he's a fag anyway.
-Griffith upon entering Charlottes bedroom (after losing to Guts):
Griffith: Foregive Me.....For getting my Lady's chambers all wet.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Dude, I just got the joke :P. Though, I probably got it at first, I tend to forget sex innuendos and all that.
The Vogfather
imanewbie

Post by The Vogfather »

i'm not sure if casca recovering her memory would be a good thing.. remember what the skul knight said.. "her recovering her memorys may not be what she wants nor you" or somthing to that efect.. i think mabe if she does recover her memory she will leave the group or worse yet go back with grif.
"strangers are people you just haven't killed yet."
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

The Vogfather wrote:i'm not sure if casca recovering her memory would be a good thing.. remember what the skul knight said.. "her recovering her memorys may not be what she wants nor you" or somthing to that efect.. i think mabe if she does recover her memory she will leave the group or worse yet go back with grif.
Why would she return to Griffith after remembering that he both killed the Hawks and raped her?

One good quote (though I can't recall the exact words) is Puck calls out Guts, claiming that our badass hero is as scared as Vargas. I like the quote because at least in the time that Puck said it, it held true.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
The Vogfather
imanewbie

Post by The Vogfather »

dialdfordesi wrote:
The Vogfather wrote:i'm not sure if casca recovering her memory would be a good thing.. remember what the skul knight said.. "her recovering her memorys may not be what she wants nor you" or somthing to that efect.. i think mabe if she does recover her memory she will leave the group or worse yet go back with grif.
Why would she return to Griffith after remembering that he both killed the Hawks and raped her?

One good quote (though I can't recall the exact words) is Puck calls out Guts, claiming that our badass hero is as scared as Vargas. I like the quote because at least in the time that Puck said it, it held true.
guts almost did too... BUT her head is messed up so anything is possable
"strangers are people you just haven't killed yet."
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

A quote I thought was very silly, but summed up a lot, was when Roderick was talking to Farnese. This is pretty recent, but anyways, it's one of my favorite. He said something along the lines, "It's a good thing you're helping that girl, she's the most important thing to him in the world." He said this trying to cheer up Farnese, but that made her feel worse. Can't blame the man for trying, at least he was telling the truth.

Casca may be the most important thing to Guts, but he tried to kill her baby, even if it was all demonic and warped. On a deeper level she will never be able to forgive him for that. It was Guts' baby to, but he wasn't as close to it obviously because he didn't carry it. Their relationship is deeper than any normal couple could have been, but it's basically been destroyed after all of their experiences.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

No one knows if she'll be able to forgive him for that, except Miura. Not even Casca probably knows. That's if she even remembers the incident. The way she is now, who knows. Besides, I think it just freaked Gatts out. It was more of reflex than anything. It's his kid too, and he knows that now. He may not have thought about such things at first. He's used to killing monsters, and seeing freaky shit. At the time, it kind of fit the bill. :P

It was a mistake, and he didn't actually do it. So I'd forgive him. As for the line that Roderick gave, that was referred too. I agree, it was interesting, because like you said, it was true. At first I didn't care for Roderick, but having gotten to know him better, I think he'd be good for our little Farnie. ;)
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

When he first pulled that stunt with the roses I thought he was a total douche, but after a while I couldn't help but like him. He's too damn likeable, and he kind of wears his heart on his sleeve, which is nice to see when everyone else is keeping secrets and shit like that. I'm sure he has some secrets, but it doesn't seem like he has any ulterior motive other than to marry Farnese, but everyone already knows they're engaged.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

This is the one quote from Puck that I find worth mentioning...

One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

how about
guts: GRIFFITH!!!!!!!

lol gets to me everytime
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Rolos wrote:This is the one quote from Puck that I find worth mentioning...

WTF is he holding? Its either Behelits or... testes?
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

2 flintstones obviously.
Ollie
imanewbie

Post by Ollie »

My fav is "Jesus!"

Simply because I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't exist in their world.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Jesus quote happens when Guts first trys out the arm cannon right? "Jesus, knockback's a bitch!" if I recall correctly?

Anyway that always made me wonder if that was just a translation error from the Hawks (or was that volume already from EG?) or does he really shout Jesus in the original? Because in the german official translation he shouts something akin to "Man, the knockback almost dislocated my shoulder!".
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I doubt he actually said "Jesus". Probably just some random expletive.
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

Nah, there's no way he actually said "Jesus". Just like when you see something translated as "Goddammit" there was probably no God reference originally. Translating swearwords isn't very technical, you just aim for a similar level of impact. So "Fuck me" would've been too strong but "Deary me" too weak :lol:
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

I was recently re-watching the anime and i felt like writing these lines down. Its in episode 4 during the part that transitions the 3 year gap after Gattsu joins the hawks, and it is said by the narrator so imagine it in Void's voice.

"Each person's gaze will be locked on one whose feelings mirror their own.
To protect one's own happiness...
To fulfill one's own dream...
And...
...just to survive.
Is there ever a time where one can live his own dream...
...without inflicting a wound on someone else's heart?"
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

oh got a cool one, Guts- come with me if you want to live: not sure about it but i think this was after he nursed caska back to health back in the gold age ark:

And skull knight telling guts what he is after he pulled them out of the eclipse in the fields