::Hajime no ippo::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Libaax wrote:Thats what the greatness of this manga and why it has surpassed Berserk as my fav manga.
I wouldn't go that far, but it's definitely one of the best. This current fight is pretty amazing eh. Pitting a zombie lord versus a demon, freaking sweet! I hope Mashiba wins.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

They should fight on an island where girls only wear underwear. That would be sweet... ya I know im horny Im saying stupid stuff...ill shut up now... :oops:
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

CHap 695 out. Now HNO is my morning read.

And now I want Sawamura to win, because he's cool like that. Unfortunately I'm afraid this was his last stand. Good thing I didn't peek at the raws.

Edit: now 696 out. I always wondered if somebody will die in HNI, or at least suffer some dramatic injury. I'll know for sure tomorrow, thanks to the fast release pace, but that's it for Sawamura. He actually might get the title by disqualification, but won't really be able to enjoy it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Damn Mashiba has lost it, and he's digressed from all the progress he'd made. It's kind of sad, really.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Starnum wrote:
Libaax wrote:Thats what the greatness of this manga and why it has surpassed Berserk as my fav manga.
I wouldn't go that far, but it's definitely one of the best. This current fight is pretty amazing eh. Pitting a zombie lord versus a demon, freaking sweet! I hope Mashiba wins.
Sometime i wish Muira could learn from Morikawa how to make loveable characters instead of typical fantasy characters like Farnese and Serpico.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

farnese did have some backstory, but serpico is just the companion that has nothing to him. Then again, any and all backstory in berserk pales in comparison to the guts/caska/griffith backstory. However, Kamogawa and Nekota's past was some of the best backstory i have read in manga
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thats why i like HNI so much even side characters have very well done backstories. As you say the nekota and kamogawa one was so good,made me rate the manga much higher.

Which do you like more Berserk or Ippo?
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Well my favorite bastard won, but I didn't think he could stand up that fast afterward after what Mashiba did to him. Tells you how hard Ippo's punches must be, considering how long it took Sawamura to recover after.

It's a hard question Libaax, they are not really in the same category. Overall I would still go with Berserk though, just because I like this style better.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Mashiba was dumb going crazy when Sawamura was dead already i mean he coulndt even put up a fighting pose. He really gave away the title just cause he was unpatient.

For me it tight beteween Berserk and Ippo but Ippo wins on characthers and the fact that vol 1 to 71 has been great while Berserk was beyond great for 1-25 vols then got slower storywise. Morikawa is great in a way that even slow chapter storywise are good cause of the comedy or drama.

Berserk i was going crazy at times when nothing happened cause Guts was in bed due to injuries.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I think its been going slowly these last couple of volumes because most of us read the first 20 something strait through. Then we've had to wait 2 weeks for every other chapter release. So ofcourse it seems like that. But I bet if you read the all currently released chapters strait through it'll seem just as good.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

That isnt true cause Ippo before Ignition-one made thier daily realeses we got at best a new Ippo chapter a month or sometimes even one every six months.

Im use to waiting long time for a manga, i wait for mangas that come out much less often than Berserk and they still arent as slow as Berserk the last vols.

Also the last chapters of Berserk has been more lively than the others cause things happen faster in the fight,then when Guts was in bed every new chapter before.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

if i had to choose between ippo and berserk, ippo wins hands down for me. Other than Guts in berserk, few of the characters make you care about them. Many of them arent very good like serpico and farnese. I liked the people in the band of the hawk because they tried to make guts human by joking around with him and stuff and i understood exactly why he was so fucking angry at griffith but now those characters arent really around except for a few of them. In hajime no ippo, all of the characters have varied personalities and backstory. Takamura has a rich family but he cast them aside and made himself what he is today. He had to suffer, with his weight training (see: hawk fight), sometimes. Ippo has grown with the series. Aoki provides the humor (along with the rest of the cast) but Kimura is his best friend and they never do things apart from each other. They even went in different weight classes so they never had to fight. Kamogawa fought for his friends and his nation's pride against anderson. I could go on forever, but the point is i like HnI more than berserk
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

699 out.
That's sad, I thought it would end up like this, but not that way.

I just realized that now we are about 30 chapters behind the weekly releases. Incredible how fast they caught up, but that means the wait will resume, for good this time...
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I wonder how fast Ippo is out in japan, if it is once a month i can take but not more.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

It must be every week, at some point I was peeking at the raws and you could have a new one up every week. Chapter are of various length though.

I don't know if sometimes he takes random breaks though.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

he doesnt take breaks often at all, i think. It comes out in the weekly shonen magazine.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Weekly thats great news.

Its shocking how he can keep the qaulity when its weekly,lets face most weekly mangas suck.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

alot of them do but you are probably basing that off of the more popular series that are scanlated. There are probably a bunch that are good that nobody wants to scanlate. I want to expand my group to scan some of those obscure titles but whatever.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Its hard to know there are good ones when nobody scanlates them.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

i realized that it was a stupid statement soon after i posted it. I meant to say that you probably only know of the more popular weekly series and that is why you think that all suck
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I know what you meant and as you its sad that we are missing good ones cause people only scanlate popular aka generic shonens most.
N3oShweaty
This is my new home

Post by N3oShweaty »

Unfortunately all the translators flock to that stuff. Thank god hajime no ippo and berserk have great teams behind them. I wish the same could be said about one of my other favorite series (jojo's bizarre adventure, especially series 4)
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

WORST CHAPTER EVER. The writer really fucked up on this one.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

You mean about Sawamura?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Libaax wrote:You mean about Sawamura?
Indeed. He was slowly becoming one of my favorite characters. I guess I'll go back to Sendo.