MMORPGs Discussion.

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

There is spray and chunks in there. Didn't you see the gushy stuff hitting the ground. I'm sure the game looks better now... It's been a while since they've shown that video. Final Fantasy XI looked way worse when I saw the first video. Well the game looks great to me and the characters don't walk around like they have rigamortis and animations flow better than what I've seen from Soul of the Ultimate Nation or Zera(music is grade S). Granado Espada moves damn good too. Not much else that I can say about Requiem since there was probably about 20 seconds of fight clips.

The 2004 Ragnarok Online II video looked like crap... and Fantasy Earth looks like crap also.

Well so far the new Asian MMOs I've come across are

Huxley
Parfait Station
Wiki
S.U.N. Soul of the Ultimate Nation
Granado Espada
Zera Imperan Intrigue
Requiem Prelude of Blood
Ragnarok Online 2
Monster Hunter 2
Front Mission Online
Fantasy Earth
New Square Enix MMO...looks like the Sequal to FFOnline from the pictures I've seen.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

One of the girls in the Requiem video looks like Sophitia from Soul Calibur. :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Ok I was playing Ragnarok Online. I just started Yesterday. My character is level 18 with level 11 swordsman job... I was kicking major ass today... when a player took it upon themselves to report me for botting. I guess the dumb bitch never heard of macros. She said that I was curing myself too fast and that I was killing the mobs too quickly and also, that I wouldn't talk. I don't talk to anyone on MMOs until I'm at a higher level. Jesus, almost get my free account taken away for being silent and kicking way too much ass.

This game also needs an auction house... I'm not going to be a merchant just to sell items. Damn this game!!!
Last edited by DarkenRahlX on Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I thought you had to pay for Ragnarok Online. Is there a free version all of a sudden?? Or are you talking about a beta for Ragnarok 2??
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Ayanami wrote:I thought you had to pay for Ragnarok Online. Is there a free version all of a sudden?? Or are you talking about a beta for Ragnarok 2??
they give you those 1 month free things. or you can play on pirvate servers, which sucks cuz the admins just hack the game and make it boring to play.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

You can download the game at http://www.ragnarokonline.com. You get a free 15 day trial. You don't need a credit or anything of the sort to try it out.

The leveling system on here is a walk in the park compared to FFXI's leveling system. I've solo'd all the way to level 20 so far. I'm going to try for level 30 since I have nothing better to do. I want to get the Knight class before my account runs out. Not that great of an MMO for me to keep paying... I'll see though.

Update: Game is getting tooooo monotonous for me...think I'm gonna call it quits for today at level 20.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I don't like RO for me it's a stupid hackn'slay rpg where all you do is run around, kill monster, loot items, lvl up and so on.

I'm more into "oldschool" rpgs.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I'm just trying to entertain myself for free at the moment. Waiting on a couple of them to be released and rated. Right now I'm not too sure about getting S.U.N. anymore since there seems to be no customization options for your characters. I want to play G.E. and Zera... but again. The jobs are lacking and the customization options are limited, but no where near to that of S.U.N. And I don't know anything about Requiem.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

only fun class in RO was Monk and because it gave me a idea of how the fighter class battles in Granado Esapada, which is using moves to link to different moves that comes out to a combo finish.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

RO blows FFXI out of the water... Ok ok, it doesn't, but the fact that I can solo is something that I wish were in FFXI. I hate that "community" bullshit FFXI tries to throw at people.
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

well there is a reason the call it mass MULTIPLAYER..... Kinda the whole idea of not doing everything solo. You can play singleplayer games for that....
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

TheDarkness wrote:well there is a reason the call it mass MULTIPLAYER..... Kinda the whole idea of not doing everything solo. You can play singleplayer games for that....
That's not the reason they call it MMOs... they call it that because multiple players play the game at the same time. It's to interact and create your own persona in a fantasy environment.

You should be able to gain experience and level up on your own in an MMORPG. That's why alot of players despise FFXI so much, because you can't solo.

Man that statement you made... You never have played an MMO before have you? When an MMO player says SOLO they don't mean do everything solo. It means gaining XP on your own or go out to farm (make money from killing enemies among other things) on your own.
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

only MMO i ever played was EVE-online... and believe me... doing anything solo in that game was like instant suicide... You had to find a nice corp join em and make sure there was always a bigger spaceship around so you could get tha hell out of the battle zone before beeing turned into mince meat...
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

The way Ragnarok has there job system is pretty cool, it could use a little work though. I don't know If you can change between jobs freely... I doubt you can seeing as how the distribution of points among your stats determines which job to go for.

Update: Found a new Action MMORPG... looks like some kind of arcade style game. It's called Lunia. From the videos I really want to play this MMO since it looks like it would really take skills to win the fights in this mofo.

Damnit I want this game....Never seen anything like it MMO-wise.
Lunia website is: http://www.lunia.com

Update #2: Found this 2-d beat'em up/Diablo Online RPG called Dungeon Fighter. Looks pretty damn cool. http://www.d-fighter.com

There is a mini game and some screen shots there also. The game is in closed beta at the moment.

Update #3: Tales Weaver is a game by Nexon. One of the characters Looks just like Ky Kiske from Guilty Gear...Korean companies love ripping of character designs. The website is easy to find. Game reminds me of Ragnarok Online.

Lunia is the best one out of the three in my opinion.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

DarkenRahlX wrote:RO blows FFXI out of the water... Ok ok, it doesn't, but the fact that I can solo is something that I wish were in FFXI. I hate that "community" bullshit FFXI tries to throw at people.
Darken you know I like being mean to you right? *smiley face* Diablo slave!

On Ragnarok online you can't change jobs freely. You can get a second job automaticly at 40 in lineage 2 though. You have to be level 75 to unlock the quest/feature. Pretty cool the job doesn't matter what race you are. *cough*Dark Elf Warcryer wooo*cough* So really FFXI is the only game I know that consists of the ability to change jobs.

Tales Weaver? I'm guessing Nexon brought it from Softmax unless they are owned by the same mother company, sold it, or whatever. Strange...

I'm a solo man myself too but I like to talk to other gamers. more so in a role playing setting. RP servers for the win!

I still want more ZerA stuff, like more face/hairstyles, more pretty level one clothes(you can choose Whoa), and a english site.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Malvado wrote:I'm a solo man myself too but I like to talk to other gamers. more so in a role playing setting. RP servers for the win!.
RP is cool but pure RP without PK features gets boring sometime. I'm not the PK type but a little bit competition is always fun.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Malvado wrote:Darken you know I like being mean to you right? *smiley face* Diablo slave!
Damn!!! I'm going to go back to playing Final Fantasy XI soon I guess. Thanks for the news Malvado. This version update looks very promising and the next expansion is said to have new jobs and rumored to have a new race. Won't find out until around September-November.

On another note: Malvado you said something about wanting armored core to be online...Well I think Armored core could be turned into an MMO real easy, but that's me.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Well they have added the update today. I haven't had a chance to log on or update so I might just check the boards to see what the fellowship quest is all about. oh and They can be in your party!! OH sweet.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Huh, when will it come out? And will it be free?
I can't read anything there.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Endless Saga is a new MMORPG by Webzen that's being released for PC and PS3. You can watch video of it at http://www.the-magicbox.com. You can also go to the main site at http://www.endlesssaga.com/.

The video shows real time graphics. All I have to say is fuck all the other MMO's.

Concept Art.

Real time graphics screenshot.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Looks hot, but need to wait till 2007.

http://www.dofus.com

has anyone seen this?? i rarely play mmorpgs, but meh was bored and im installing dofus... funny titl name lol.

awsome website too.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

Looks too cute for my taste.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Endless Saga uses the Unreal III engine.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

DarkenRahlX wrote:Endless Saga uses the Unreal III engine.
yes its the sex... unreal 3 engine = the sex.