Vagabond

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, Kenshin is way to kiddy huh. Especially the part where they talk about how Shishio was cut all over, set on fire, and then shot in the head. Oh, and the part where it shows Shishio bifurcate that one cop. Let's not forget the part were Soujiro kills his entire family as a child because they treat him like shit and abuse him. Yep, kiddy stuff right there. [/sarcasm]

Oh, and it's true, Kenshin does go beyond reality. However, I like how it only pushes the limit so far, to where you actually consider the possibilities. Yeah, Enishi can double jump because of the way he shifts his body weight at the climax of his first jump...That's just great!

Anyway, Vagabond is still super bad ass, so hell yeah!
mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by mrJotaan »

A lot of people will say that Kenshin sucked because he was a pussy to not use his sword to kill. Bear in mind that the author of the manga/anime often has his own comments on society in general. To me, the whole thing about not using a sword was like taking Gandi's story from a different perspective, being able to change the world without killing although Gandi never used violence.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

God, you guys make me look like a monster!!

Kenshin itself, is not kiddy. I said in comparision to Vagabond, Kenshin is like child's play. While that phrase/wording may be a bit extreme, but it was just a comparision that I used to express I liked Vagabond much more than Kenshin. I thoroughly enjoyed Kenshin, because it promotes the right ideals and values, and is beyond killing to resolve a crisis.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

mrJotaan wrote:A lot of people will say that Kenshin sucked because he was a pussy to not use his sword to kill. Bear in mind that the author of the manga/anime often has his own comments on society in general. To me, the whole thing about not using a sword was like taking Gandi's story from a different perspective, being able to change the world without killing although Gandi never used violence.
One of the reasons i liked Kenshin was of his ideals and vow to not kill again.
mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by mrJotaan »

My comment wasn't directed at you, it was just a general comment.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Just wondering, is manga sketchbook translating Vagabond or are they scanlating it? Cause their release are really slow and if they would just buy them at the store it would be faster.... If they just ask for donations to buy Vagabond on their site im sure some people would donate.
Azarath
imanewbie

Post by Azarath »

Or you could support the author by buying them yourself.
If it's possible for you to get them in where you live, they ain't that expensive :=)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

My manga store got Vagabond just after i read the first 10 vol on my computer otherwise i would never read a manga this good on pc.

My motto is if a manga is one of you favs you have to suppor the mangaka.

Finito: If Sweden has Vagabond then the country you live must have it since we get last of all.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Eldo: You mean you're not a monster?
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Sweden??? NO WAY!!!
Im from Canada(Quebec) and the stores have it up to v17 in english last time I checked. And yes I buy my mangas and I have a big collection too.
*counting how many I have* I have 219 mangas right now.
But there are so many and I dont get enough money(20$ a week to eat at school and for doing chores) to buy them all except when I get a load of cash for my birthday. So I know some people are more poor than me so I guess we could unite for the good cause of our happiness.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum: I don't eat children...yet :wink:

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Finito wrote:Sweden??? NO WAY!!!
Im from Canada(Quebec) and the stores have it up to v17 in english last time I checked. And yes I buy my mangas and I have a big collection too.
*counting how many I have* I have 219 mangas right now.
But there are so many and I dont get enough money(20$ a week to eat at school and for doing chores) to buy them all except when I get a load of cash for my birthday. So I know some people are more poor than me so I guess we could unite for the good cause of our happiness.
Whats wrong with sweden :P ??

I have about 60-70 manga books just cause all the mangas i want just got here so it will grow alot. I will get my winterjob pay in a couple of days and then its go to the store and buy my ass of :D
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Eldo wrote:Starnum: I don't eat children...yet :wink:
Well why the hell not?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum wrote:
Eldo wrote:Starnum: I don't eat children...yet :wink:
Well why the hell not?
I haven't got enough candy... :lol:

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, who needs candy. Just grab 'em and get to work.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Starnum wrote:Heh, who needs candy. Just grab 'em and get to work.
I'm not this kinda monster....

:P

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I just bought Vagabond vols 11-13.

And i must say the art is alot better than i thought when i was reading the scans,who were pretty high q.

I cant wait to next month when i can buy vols 14-16.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I summon thee from the pits of death! Live ye Vagabond thread!

Man, I just read volume 15 and it was awesome! Yeah, Kojiro is going to be impressive later on. I can't wait to see him and Musashi's first fight. It's kind of funny that the author made him deaf though. The real Kojiro wasn't deaf. I wonder why he decided to do that. I sure hope he learns how to talk though, b/c he had some seriously awesome lines in Musashi's biography.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Starnum, because you're a regular pirate I'll ask you: Where did you get it? I've really looked around for this, and I haven't been able to find anything above 10 scan(lat)ed so far.

Ok, if it's up on ex-Neverwhere right now you can shoot me.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Pulls out a magnum and fills Brainpiercing full of lead*

Heh, it’s out on the Despair bot in EG’s IRC channel. :P
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Damn, you know, I looked at those packlists, from here and ckmoney and couldn't see it. Maybe I was just blind, whatever, thanks :).
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, look at the very bottom. That's where the updates go first, before they get organized. ;)
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Yes, that is what I keep forgetting :(
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

So what do you think about Vagabond so far.

I just read in the mangakas own site that he would release Vagabond again from 19/5 which is by the way my birthday;) I didnt even know that he took a break from it,but apparently he took a break in Auguste 2004. Its good that the break wasn't so long.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, well that’s easy. I think it’s one of the best manga out there. It’s in my top ten list, which I try not to create whole threads about, heh. :P