Berserk 2 ?

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Dark_Zilo
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by Dark_Zilo »

i know
it's the last thing they play befire the shopingTV
drive children to suicide???
i only saw the first ep but... (RJK)
The most beautiful thing in life is life itself
Get bitten by me
Dufraine314
imanewbie

Hello to everyone

Post by Dufraine314 »

Hello (ufff, my first post...)

If I think about Bersek 2 or somethimg like that I can only say two words... Berserk GT :D :D

And One Piece is not a "hard" tv serie to see, but in my country the blood has been censured and I mean all the blood so it has to be something special.

Anyway, the last thing I want to see is an OAV. If you want to make it, make it right. I don´t want a short version...

And last... sorry for my english. I can read well but writting, jejeje. You see.

Bye
Everybody dies. Not everybody lives.

http://www.mundodvd.com/

http://antisgae.internautas.org/
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, it's an avatar of Shun...cool. Well, no one ever said that an OAV had to be short. Only Available on Video…that’s the only requirement to qualify as an OAV, see? That way you can leave things how they ought to be, *shrugs* but whatever.

As for One Piece...do they make Sanji's cigarette a lollipop in Spain? *Twitch, twitch*
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Starnum wrote:Wow, it's an avatar of Shun...cool. Well, no one ever said that an OAV had to be short. Only Available on Video…that’s the only requirement to qualify as an OAV, see? That way you can leave things how they ought to be, *shrugs* but whatever.
I can't think of an OAV that is longer than 13 episodes. The first berserk series was 25 episodes and covered about 13 volumes. Im probably wrong with the number of volumes but the point is that a lot of the plot will be left out if there is an OAV made since it will have to cover more plot than the first series did.

There probably are OAVs that are longer than 13 episodes. So, can someone give some examples?
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

BasouKazuma wrote:There probably are OAVs that are longer than 13 episodes. So, can someone give some examples?
Let's see... the first one that come to mind would be that 35 eps hentai OVA... uh-huh...

(I wonder if anyone will ever sub it. There seem to be only 2 eps subbed so far -- oh cruel world)

There's also many of 16ish eps (not much above 13 though for most), it's not like there's any laws on the length eitherway. People can do what they want given they have the budget for it.

Many ovas are splitted too.. if you put them together, you get >26 eps (look at the hxh ovas for instance)
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Kaze wrote:
Dark_Zilo wrote:was it really that bad??

here in Portuigal it passes at 4am so you see the quality of it (maybe it's the same version i don't know)
One Piece at 4 AM!!?? I always tought One piece was a ultra-violent anime wich helps children to have suicide toughts and racism.... That's surely beacuse they put in this children-proof timeframe ... (JK)

PS: Hell 4 AM is really a fucked hour, it's just to late for the ones who stay until late or too soon for the early birds....
i think he meant the extremely scary kiddied-up version of One Piece here in the U.S.
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

dos.azn wrote:
Kaze wrote:
Dark_Zilo wrote:was it really that bad??

here in Portuigal it passes at 4am so you see the quality of it (maybe it's the same version i don't know)
One Piece at 4 AM!!?? I always tought One piece was a ultra-violent anime wich helps children to have suicide toughts and racism.... That's surely beacuse they put in this children-proof timeframe ... (JK)

PS: Hell 4 AM is really a fucked hour, it's just to late for the ones who stay until late or too soon for the early birds....
i think he meant the extremely scary kiddied-up version of One Piece here in the U.S.
Ahem. Yo yo yo! I'm luffy! I got the gum gum biotch! One piece motherfucker onepiece! One piece motherfucker onepiece! Hey hey, ho hey!
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

uh.....yeh.....werd up G......
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

A reincarnation of my previous self perhaps?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

InsaneNoodlyGuy wrote: Ahem. Yo yo yo! I'm luffy! I got the gum gum biotch! One piece motherfucker onepiece! One piece motherfucker onepiece! Hey hey, ho hey!
Dude...he's the insanenoodleguy. Note that his name has insane in it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Buzkashi wrote:A reincarnation of my previous self perhaps?
haha yup. i realize now this is your 3rd self. first you were a normal person, then a crackhead, now one of the better EG members. whats in store for version 4.0?
Last edited by dos.azn on Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

dos.azn wrote:
Buzkashi wrote:A reincarnation of my previous self perhaps?
haha yup. i realize now this is your 3rd self. first you were a normal person, then a crackhead, now one of the better EG members. whats in store for version 4.0?

dont you mean WM or EG whatever you prefer.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

i did say EG
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

dos.azn wrote:haha yup. i realize now this is your 3rd self. first you were a normal person, then a crackhead, now one of the better EG members. whats in store for version 4.0?
What the? Did he pay you to say that?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Whoa this is trippy man...
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, I'm beginning to consider such things myself now. :P
Dufraine314
imanewbie

Post by Dufraine314 »

I really like OP but I see that anime/manga as something soft and not very deep. I think that naruto, bleach and other series are alike. It´s a pity. Only Ghost in the Shell, Stand Alone complex (and Berserk) make think something more deep that 2+2=... eeeeee

The main problem with a berserk 2 anime is that in the first season the skull warrior was never seen. I mean, the changes were too important, too deep to be continued...

off/topic: the DVd of the anime, how much does it cost in USA?

Agur

hubrisnxs
imanewbie

Post by hubrisnxs »

I saw the DVD Boxset for around $125 at amazon. Not sure if that's the cheapest place (but isn't Berserk worth it?)
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Starnum wrote: What the? Did he pay you to say that?
lol whats wrong if i say that? i won't lie that hes been much better than before. hell in dP, you don't know how many times i was tempted to fuck with his already cracked up posts :lol:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Dufraine314 wrote:I really like OP but I see that anime/manga as something soft and not very deep. I think that naruto, bleach and other series are alike.
Wow! I totally disagree with that. Those series are just chalk full of deep emotions and meanings. They sure as hell aren't soft either. Love Hina, now that's soft.
Dufraine314 wrote:The main problem with a berserk 2 anime is that in the first season the skull warrior was never seen. I mean, the changes were too important, too deep to be continued...
His name is Skull Knight.
Dufraine314
imanewbie

Post by Dufraine314 »

mode lol on

If I didn´t write right his name, how did you realice that I was talking about him?

mode lol of

And about soft and that kind of stuff... I strongly believe that they could be more deep, but that´s not the problem. For me, al least.
The main problem, for meeeeee, is that I really prefer the second characters. Naruto,Luffy, the princess of tennissss... I am not interested in their way to become the #1 pirate, ninja, tennis player, sinegami,...etc.

And LH manga was great. The anime not at all (I hate Naru, tv version)

Kaze
imanewbie

Post by Kaze »

Dufraine314 wrote:I really like OP but I see that anime/manga as something soft and not very deep. I think that naruto, bleach and other series are alike. It´s a pity. Only Ghost in the Shell, Stand Alone complex (and Berserk) make think something more deep that 2+2=... eeeeee

Agur
Well at least Bleach anime has a good-pace (even quick sometimes) unlike some Naruto episodes. And the quality hasn't dropped yet ^^

PD: It will be great if Bleach finished soon, I like it a lot, but I think it would be great if one of these combat-series finished before repeating itself again and again and again and....
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

There is a point about being soft. One piece falls into the nasty trap of DB'ing things. It does deal with emotions and such, Nami's backstory was great. But the problem with the show is, people "die" then don't stay dead. All to often secondary characters manage to not die even when they really really should. It is kinda soft in that sense, and it does detract from the emotional impact of characters supposed death.
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

Heh, im at around ep 35 (of one piece) or so and im noticing that a lot of people are letting loose with the water works. I really don't know if this is intended to be humorous, but damn is it funny when they cry. I guess they should ease down with the crying. Then again, they're kids (most of them at least).
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Sighs and shakes his head*