Gundam Anonymous

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I've only watched one gundam series, and that was ZZ, and I found it mediocre, with a few good moments.

I liked the suit designs, but it just couldn't hide it was a teeny (or lower) show, so that kind of put me off.

Is the other stuff better than ZZ?
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I havent ZZ but i watched Wing and give 9/10 and Seed 7-8/10 depending one when its action or when its drama with Frey who drived me crazy.....

Destiny i would give max 5/10.......

In other words Wing and Seed are worth your time while Destiny isnt.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

out of the old school Gundam series id have to say that Z Gundam is indeed the best ive seen... my favorite is still 0083 with Gundam X after and blah blah blah

seriously though what does everyone think about Gundam Wing? the first time i watched it my adolescent mind was focusing more on the flashy pictures than the story line... after watching Endless Waltz a few years ago, i realized what i missed... but they dont show it anymore.. oh well i have to rewatch the series because i hear it has interesting war philosophy involved and id like to give this anime a proper viewing before i say that it sucks again
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I liked Wing. I mean, it’s not my favorite or anything, but I did enjoy it. Besides, Zechs and Treize are awesome!
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, after reading around a bit everybody is saying ZZ was the worst series so far, well, whatever.

If I find some space on my HD I'll try Z or Wing, or whatever.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

No way, ZZ is not the worst. It's not the best, but it's got to be better than Seed or 8th MS Team. Although, that's just my opinion. Anyway, you should check out V Gundam, it's my favorite. You might like it.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Dudes I just saw the new opening to GSD. Fucking Nu Freedom is laying waste to stuff in that short clip. WOW.
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I'll go burn some stuff and then get Wing first I think, since that is definitely up on box.
Brainpiercing
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

My first Gundam was Gundam Wing, but I kind of lost interest toward the end. I never even saw the final episodes. And the animation style of SEED disgusts me. :D
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

hehe look familiar?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh yeah, Nu is awesome! You've just got to respect those Fin Funnels. I mean, I've seen those things bring down a whole armada. That's just bad ass!
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I think it's about time people started making live-action big-robot movies. The technology to do this in high quality is definitely there, except up to now all (most) attempts to do this have been totally miserable.

But it would be just great to watch a GOOD movie of gundam or battletech or whatever. I mean if they can do godzilla they can do big robots.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I agree. Something like that, if well done, could truly rock.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Even if it's something conservative like Patlabor, a strong plot driven story with some big-robot action in it.

However, I see several problems, as far as Crappywood is concerned: If they put cgi-bots in, it'll be just about the robots and both story and characters will suck. Or it will be a comedy type of thing, with just action.

To make it right someone with anime experience needs to direct it, in order to balance show and content.
Brainpiercing
teo
Found the Edit button

Post by teo »

dos.azn wrote:does anyone else besides me think that the DESTINY themes are better than SEEDs?
im also one...
Starnum wrote:I agree. Something like that, if well done, could truly rock.
it must be Hollywood made or else >_<\

LordMune wrote:My first Gundam was Gundam Wing, but I kind of lost interest toward the end. I never even saw the final episodes. And the animation style of SEED disgusts me.
bro?? its CG era now...anime is now made by CG

im a fan of SEED and DESTINY and i know some guys here hate is because the targeted fans were teenagers?? i think they just want more female fans to apreciate gundam. Remember the Gundam Boys from GTO?? :lol:
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, all those gundam series are so long, and take ages to DL. To make things worse my torrent client is acting up, and stopping the torrent every time it has to download a chunk again because the hash check failed. :evil:

BUT, there's V-Gundam up on Box now as well, so I'll get that once Wing is done and I have some space to spare.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh really? That's cool. I should go DL me a copy of V too then. I've seen it, and I love it, but I don't own it. Not yet anyway, heh.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

It's 16G huge, have fun DLing :).

That's why I will really have trouble with my HDD space :).
Brainpiercing
teo
Found the Edit button

Post by teo »

Brainpiercing wrote:It's 16G huge, have fun DLing :).

That's why I will really have trouble with my HDD space :).
is that boxtorrent or supernova?? can i really dl old anime there?? i think i cant find what im looking for...or maybe the one im looking for is already licensed and its not on the site anymore
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Gundam V should be on Box, unless it was taken down.

(http://www.boxtorrents.com)

A further correction: V is only 8.9 gigs, it was Zeta that was 16 :).
Brainpiercing
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Ok, i've started watching Wing (only 2 eps), and it's a total contrast to the ZZ I knew. ZZ is really a comedy kids show, while Wing starts out really dark. It's a different universe, so I really have no idea what's going on, but the main characters who (I guess) are supposed to be the good guys, just go on a killing rampage right from the start.

So from what i've seen I wouldn't let my (yet non-existant) kids watch this show.
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

What i like in Wing and even in Seed are that there isnt good or bad guys its a war like in real life the good guys are the ones who win and the bad guys are ones who lose in the eyes of history. When you have finished Wing you will understand what i'm talking about.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm, and I was thinking that the not-yet good guys would turn into good guys someway through the story, but from what you say it doesn't seem that will happen. Well, as long as the characters are still well designed, I'll be interested in watching more of this.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Libaax wrote:What i like in Wing and even in Seed are that there isnt good or bad guys its a war like in real life the good guys are the ones who win and the bad guys are ones who lose in the eyes of history. When you have finished Wing you will understand what i'm talking about.
That's a really good point, and I enjoy that too. The UC Gundam stuff is like that as well. I never viewed the Principality of Zeon as bad guys. Sure, there were some dick holes in the group, but the same can be said of The Federation. As for the AC stuff like Gundam Wing, they all have their own styles, but that's definitely a good way to describe the character in Wing.

Long live Zechs and Treize! :P
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah most characthers in Wing doesnt want to kill eacother but they have to for thier world's sake.

Zechs and Treize are one of the best characthers i have seen in a Gundam. The Zechs copycats in GS and GSD sucks compared to him.