Your Top Ten of all TIme

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

mrJotaan: glad i could help, must warn you of the history though. it is a story based rpg use on the old style sataview snes machine in japan. very rare peice of equipment. that being said, it gives you a lot of information that leads up to chrono cross.

appropriate linkage from the translaters:

http://radicaldreamers.sourceforge.net/

RD even has a great ambient soundtrack... could listen to it forever. It almost reminds me of a radio station called BlueMars.

http://207.200.96.225:8020/
Exizil
notanewb

Post by Exizil »

Erzengel wrote:FFX-2 doesnt belong in a top 10 IMO, there are much better RPGs out there.
You would be right, its not a "greatest game of all time" yet, it was the first RPG that ever motovated me to master it. I beat the damn thing everyway, got 3 of every item, saw every movie and wooped that fuck at the bottom of the 100 lv doungen... and I was never once board and I was truely sad when I had nothing left to do in it. That is why it makes my list, its sheer "enterainment to me value."
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

Erzengel wrote: FFX-2 doesnt belong in a top 10 IMO, there are much better RPGs out there.
maybe, but not with a trio of cyberchicks!
Dio
King of Alcohol

Post by Dio »

I shall post my Top 10 RPGs since that is mostly all that I play. This is no particular order now

1: Crystalis
2: Zelda 2
3: FF6
4: CHrono Trigger
5: Secret of Mana
6: Dragon Warrior
7: Valkyrie Profile
8: FF7
9: Suikoden
10: Star Ocean: Second Story
ImageImage
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Dark_Zilo wrote:mine are: (take in account that i'm european :lol: )

1- championship manager - football manager series
2- PES 4
3- Alien Trilogy
4- GTA vice city
5- Gran turismo 3
6- need for speed underground
7- knights of the old republic
8- hitman contracts
9- railroad tycoon 2
10- ... (a number too great to even count)
Yay a manager and PES fan :D

What do you think about Footbal Manager 2005?

For me it doesnt have the same feeling as the old ones.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

psi29a wrote:mrJotaan: glad i could help, must warn you of the history though. it is a story based rpg use on the old style sataview snes machine in japan. very rare peice of equipment. that being said, it gives you a lot of information that leads up to chrono cross.

RD even has a great ambient soundtrack... could listen to it forever. It almost reminds me of a radio station called BlueMars.

I played Radical Dreamers too. It's, well, different to what I first expected. It suggests that Guile, the mage, is in fact, Magus. I was hoping that they say that in Chrono Cross.

Yes Lucasarts used to rock. Now, they'll kinda half dead.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

Eldo wrote:
psi29a wrote:mrJotaan: glad i could help, must warn you of the history though. it is a story based rpg use on the old style sataview snes machine in japan. very rare peice of equipment. that being said, it gives you a lot of information that leads up to chrono cross.

I played Radical Dreamers too. It's, well, different to what I first expected. It suggests that Guile, the mage, is in fact, Magus. I was hoping that they say that in Chrono Cross.

Yes Lucasarts used to rock. Now, they'll kinda half dead.
i looked into it, but never downloaded it. isn't it about Kidd?
mrJotaan
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by mrJotaan »

I read some information on the game and found out the same thing you said, it was released on an expansion of the super famicom in Japan and every month they'd have new games to download via satellite. Unfortunately it failed and Radical Dreamers never got released here. I know there was a fanmade remake and it got shutdown by Square Enix and then I came across this: http://www.chrono-trigger.com/index.php . This seems to be different from the other fanmade remake that I found. Not sure what Square Enix will do with this, whether it'll get shutdown or not.

Edit: Chrono Brake is supposedly and 4th game in the Chrono series. As of right now, absolutly nothing is confirmed about the game. Square has yet to even officialy announce it. Rumors for it started when, on December 5, 2001, Square registered the tradmarks for the names "Chrono Break" in the US and "Chrono Brake" in Japan. As of January 10, 2004 the game publisher let go of it's US trademark for the name "Chrono Break". It would now seem very unlikely that they are still planning on making the game. Interestingly though, they're still holding on to their Japanese trademark for the name "Chrono Brake".
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

mrJotaan wrote:I read some information on the game and found out the same thing you said, it was released on an expansion of the super famicom in Japan and every month they'd have new games to download via satellite. Unfortunately it failed and Radical Dreamers never got released here. I know there was a fanmade remake and it got shutdown by Square Enix and then I came across this: http://www.chrono-trigger.com/index.php . This seems to be different from the other fanmade remake that I found. Not sure what Square Enix will do with this, whether it'll get shutdown or not.

Edit: Chrono Brake is supposedly and 4th game in the Chrono series. As of right now, absolutly nothing is confirmed about the game. Square has yet to even officialy announce it. Rumors for it started when, on December 5, 2001, Square registered the tradmarks for the names "Chrono Break" in the US and "Chrono Brake" in Japan. As of January 10, 2004 the game publisher let go of it's US trademark for the name "Chrono Break". It would now seem very unlikely that they are still planning on making the game. Interestingly though, they're still holding on to their Japanese trademark for the name "Chrono Brake".
Find the rom of the game, apply the translation patch, run it via ZSNES. Radical Dreamers is indeed a failure, because it really didn't feature any gameplay, and it's text orientated, although the story was good. Last I heard, the next Chrono series 'Break/brake' was cancelled.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

I got the rom and patch yesterday, have yet to play it. I heard the same thing, it's mostly about the story, not too much about playing the game. It's too bad that any progress from SquareEnix just goes to waste. The link I provided is a mod for unreal, not sure which game since there's unreal 2, ut2k3 and ut2k4.
Erzengel
imanewbie

Post by Erzengel »

Dio wrote:I shall post my Top 10 RPGs since that is mostly all that I play. This is no particular order now

Go out and play Suikoden 2 so that the first one might vanish from your list.
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

part 3 made me want to dig my eyes out with a rusty spoon

bleh terrible game
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Erzengel wrote:
Dio wrote:I shall post my Top 10 RPGs since that is mostly all that I play. This is no particular order now

Go out and play Suikoden 2 so that the first one might vanish from your list.
Maybe Dio meant the series, since Dragon Warrior was put there as well....and that was on the crappy nes...

mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

Don't be dissing NES! That's a great system, even today despite the outdated graphics.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

mrJotaan wrote:Don't be dissing NES! That's a great system, even today despite the outdated graphics.
heh :P

Hey, although it was crappy, it had some quality games. Destiny of an emperor 1&2, Dragon Warrior series, Zelda, Contra...

mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

I just bought Final Fantasy Chronicles which has FF4 and Chrono Trigger remade for psx and I also bought xenogears :D.
mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

I went to the video game store and saw Street Fighter 15th Anniversary Edition and bought it since it includes one of my favorite games :D.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Im waitin for it to come out for xbox so I can play it on Xbox live.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

mrJotaan wrote:I went to the video game store and saw Street Fighter 15th Anniversary Edition and bought it since it includes one of my favorite games :D.
It just looks like all the SF snes versions put into one DVD. So I'll save my money. Although I'm a crazed SF fan.

mrJotaan

Post by mrJotaan »

It's actually Hyper Street Fighter 2 with Street Fighter 3 and the Street Fighter animated movie. It was pretty cheap so I decided to buy it.
3rdbloodage
Mastered PM

Post by 3rdbloodage »

The Consoles Have A Volcano Heat Titles
But i'm a PC Gamer 100%
So

(01) System Shock 2 (Godlike Game)
(02) Thief 2 - The Metal Age
(03) DeusEx
(04) Never Winter Nights
(05) The Curse of Monkey Island
(06) StarCraft - BroodWars
(07) Disciples 2 - Dark Prophicy - Rise of The Elves
(08) Grand Theft Auto - Vice City
(09) Unreal Tournament 2004
(10) Vampire The Masquerade 2 Bloodlines
Never Forget Image Never Forgive
3rdbloodage
Mastered PM

Post by 3rdbloodage »

as for street fighter ... it was the alpha
but Guilty Gear is The Omega

(note that i'm talking about 2D Fighting Games Only ... So Don't Attack me With Tekken or other 3D Titles)
Never Forget Image Never Forgive
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I like 2d figters a lot more than 3d
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I agree. Guilty Gear is bad ass! However, have any of you ever played Naruto Ultimate Hero 2? That guy is so fucking bad ass!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I liked the older Mortal Combats , the newer ones are to much like DOA