World Cup 2006

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

Well right now I'm watching a friendly between Australia and Netherlands. Now those are quality teams, unlike USA which is a pile of untalented crap.

I mean Donovan! DONOVAN!!! :lol: :lol:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Australia wont suck in the cup cause they have a coach with magic hands i mean he took KOREA to semifinal in 2002,than there is a chance for Australia.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Kewell's not playing right now. I don't see him. Australia's in shit without Kewell.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

Well, we need to kick Australia's ass. Then Croatia and Brazil will go on :wink:

Japan is also decent, meh Croatia will win :lol:

EDIT:
Eldo wrote:Kewell's not playing right now. I don't see him. Australia's in shit without Kewell.
I don't remember Kewell playing any good last couple of seasons, just like Viduka. They're both kinda getting old and shitty. No offense.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Croatia are lucky they are in a easy group but they will bitch slapped in the last 16 when they meet a good team ;)
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

Nah we mostly lose from the weak teams. We did beat Argentina in a friendly :wink:
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Libaax wrote:Australia wont suck in the cup cause they have a coach with magic hands i mean he took KOREA to semifinal in 2002,than there is a chance for Australia.
If you are talking about the coach called "Guus Hiddink" then you are badly mistaken, because he sucks. You see, the KOREA World Cup was all one big set up. Brazil was ment to win and so was it ment to be that Korea would end up in the first 4. If you had watched the WC 2002, it wasnt difficult to see that all those referees were corrupted. Btw, I kinda like the USA soccer team. They are fairly new into soccer, but they are good losers unlike other countries.
I would also love to see the outfits of the japanese soccer team. They always have cool dragons on it and stuff.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

You are a true italian paraniod and blaming everyone else for what happens with Italy ;)

Paraniod and blaming others for thier fiasco was the sickest thing i have heard after italy lost to korea.

Instead blaming the crappy team play,they blamed everyone else.

Some of the refs sucked but still thats part of the game.

Spain was robbed more than Italy but they didnt blame everyone else like the italians.
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

Ah yes Italy also lost from Croatia in 2002 :lol: :lol:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Will Croatia meet Brazil game 1? If so poor your team.
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

Well if we can beat Argentina I can't see why not Brazil, but yup, I highly doubt we will win :lol: :lol:
Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

The host country always does well (above expectations) so I'm voting for Germany to win. But Brazil is filled with superstars, so I'm saying final game, Brazil vs Germany. Germany wins in sudden death.
obi-pie
notanewb

Post by obi-pie »

brazil- new sealand was a terible match. brazil is dahmm to cocky hope they wil not come in the finals i hope for a germany holland always fun to watch(i will look up a few dutch comercials and post the links hilarius) croatie is not bad at al(just saw them on eurosport)
btw winner ek under 18 :lol: holland :lol:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Ellen wrote:The host country always does well (above expectations) so I'm voting for Germany to win. But Brazil is filled with superstars, so I'm saying final game, Brazil vs Germany. Germany wins in sudden death.

Germany dont have as good players as 2002 while Brazil has Ronalinho,Kaka,Adriano,Robinho etc who werent as good as now in 2002.

If someone will beat Brazil it be a great team like Argentina,Italy,Spain not a team fueled on nothing but home court advantage.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Its amazing how worked up you guys/gals get about "football" :twisted:

I mean my hats off to those who play, but I cant watch that sport unless it the highlights on sports center... the roits are cool too :roll:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I find American "football" more boring than curling cause it only last a sec or so. I hate all the breaks and the actual game is boring.

So each is to his thing or i dont how the saying goes.
obi-pie
notanewb

Post by obi-pie »

Libaax wrote:I find American "football" more boring than curling cause it only last a sec or so. I hate all the breaks and the actual game is boring.

So each is to his thing or i dont how the saying goes.

feel the same way
btw: does anybody sport at mindwerks?(or is there a already thread(?) about that?)
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Not much of a sports fan at all but if I had to pick my favorite sport it would be High School and College Wrestling... Hardest sport you could ever join, no break, no time outs (except for blood and injuries), and no substitution. for six minutes... you think that is not long, you try it then tell me that is not a long time.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Sandman wrote:Not much of a sports fan at all but if I had to pick my favorite sport it would be High School and College Wrestling... Hardest sport you could ever join, no break, no time outs (except for blood and injuries), and no substitution. for six minutes... you think that is not long, you try it then tell me that is not a long time.
I wrestled for 4 years. Boxing is harder.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Libaax wrote:You are a true italian paraniod and blaming everyone else for what happens with Italy ;)

Paraniod and blaming others for thier fiasco was the sickest thing i have heard after italy lost to korea.

Instead blaming the crappy team play,they blamed everyone else.

Some of the refs sucked but still thats part of the game.

Spain was robbed more than Italy but they didnt blame everyone else like the italians.
BLASPHEMY!!!!!! Italians were more robbed than anyone else!!! Ok, I had pity with spain and their penaltys... but come on!! It was clear that those refs were corrupted. I don't mind refs making mistakes, but it seemed too much of a coincidence that they only made mistakes against italy. I don't mind Italy losing this WC, as long as Brazil doesn't win.

FORZA ITALIA! :D
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

Well if Brazil will play good, why shouldn't they win? Who will play the most attractive football, should win in my opinion. But unfortunately that's not always the case - *ehem* Greece...
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

ddem1 wrote:Well if Brazil will play good, why shouldn't they win? Who will play the most attractive football, should win in my opinion. But unfortunately that's not always the case - *ehem* Greece...
Greece doesn't even participates in the World Cup. I still can't believe they won the Europe Cup. Well miracles do happen.
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

Yeah serves the right. And it proves they were just lucky bastards on Euro :twisted:
panasonic

Post by panasonic »

it was a pretty big fluke. if i remember correctly, all the good teams ended up playing each other, while greece got to face most of the weaker teams
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

They were lucky plus the big team they met sucked.

Thats why i root for Brazil and Spain cause they always play attractive football and i love seeing that kind of football winning.