Ergo Proxy

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I had Shisen Subs for the first episode, I reckon they did a good job.

After that, Anime-United & Yoroshiku works for me. Only thing was, the name of the main character was different, it was called 'Real' in one, and 'Lil' in the other.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Eldo wrote:I had Shisen Subs for the first episode, I reckon they did a good job.

After that, Anime-United & Yoroshiku works for me. Only thing was, the name of the main character was different, it was called 'Real' in one, and 'Lil' in the other.
thanks for the reply, eldo.
shinsen is as slow as anikraze.

so AU&Y it is. their translation must be damn good cos 'real' is the character's real name, not 'lil'. most fansubbers just take the literal translation from what it sounds like, even the respected anikraze does that.

=)
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Actually, Real is used in the Shisen Subs one, and Lil in the Anime United. I think it's be too late to change it, since consistency must be made throughout the series.

Personally, I don't really care about the names, as long as I can identify who the character is, and get hooked on the story. I'm fine with any subs, as long as it's not HK ones.

I heard Shisen Subs and AniKraze dropped it because it was licensed. So your best chance is probably with Anime United, which I'm sticking with because of the avi format. I can't be sure about Jelly Captions, since I'm not a big fan of mkv's.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Eldo wrote:Actually, Real is used in the Shisen Subs one, and Lil in the Anime United. I think it's be too late to change it, since consistency must be made throughout the series.

Personally, I don't really care about the names, as long as I can identify who the character is, and get hooked on the story. I'm fine with any subs, as long as it's not HK ones.

I heard Shisen Subs and AniKraze dropped it because it was licensed. So your best chance is probably with Anime United, which I'm sticking with because of the avi format. I can't be sure about Jelly Captions, since I'm not a big fan of mkv's.
i poked around at anikraze and shinsensubs websites and found nothing stating that they were dropping it nor that it was licenced.
=)

i dont care either now. i just wanna watch the anime.
=P
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

They usually don't sub licensed anime, so yeah. I can't say with utmost degree of certainty that they dropped it.

I don't know, I just heard it from some other guys. They might be wrong though, I don't really care much myself. There's like, 6 groups working on this, so pick your poison. I'm satisfied with Anime United and Yoroshiku subs, so I'm sticking with that. Plus, I got insanely high download speeds from them on BT.

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

MKV made me its bitch long ago. As for romanization, wtf real lol.
I prefer Lir, as Lil sounds silly and Real is just enough hackneyed japanese proto-english to detract from an otherwise decent show.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

LordMune wrote:MKV made me its bitch long ago. As for romanization, wtf real lol.
I prefer Lir, as Lil sounds silly and Real is just enough hackneyed japanese proto-english to detract from an otherwise decent show.
i think it was meant to be real as in 're-al'(pronounciation) or 'royal' in italian.
maybe the her referred to as a 'royal' has some significance.
=)

edit:
whoa, i just finished watching ep 2 and 3 at one go. this has got to be the best series in the past 2 years. its beautiful, the story is going places, the setting is gritty, the plot devices are well placed, sounds are great, characters have development and there is a real cute little comic relief package.
=)

yea and 'lil or 'real's name does have a significance to the italian 'royal'. and 'autorave' was supposed to be 'autolave' in short or 'auto slave' actually.
since the fansubbers stuck to lil and autolave, i do the same for consistency.

back to the story:
i think vincent has some kind of hulk persona. he even has the green eyes at the end of ep 3. i think he is that oversized auto is him. he was being peeping tom when his hulk persona took over. then the proxy crashed in looking for him.

either that or there were actually 4 people involved in that bathroom incident. lil, the proxy, the infected autorave and vincent. vincent probably has some other form in this case, not a hulkish brute. the infected autolave coincidentally picked lil as its victim. vincent was there as voyeur-turned-hero. the proxy was there cos it has some kind of affinity to infected autolaves and vincent.

=)
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I make a habit out of not trusting romanizations that appear to make sense. Especially "official" japanese spellings- such as "autoreiv" or whatever it was.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Good to see you guys are onto a good anime. I should check this section more often. Its been a long time that there is an anime that I look forward to seeing every week.

Yeah something isn't right with Vincient now I have to wait till I finish downloading episode three.
"Context is for Kings"
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Ergo Proxy 4's released by Yoroshiku. Downloading it now at max speed.

link

Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Eldo wrote:Ergo Proxy 4's released by Yoroshiku. Downloading it now at max speed.

link
please tell if the quality is acceptable.
=)
t.A
notanewb

Post by t.A »

yep, quality is good=)
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

t.A wrote:yep, quality is good=)
thanks tA!
=)
*joins the leechers*
t.A
notanewb

Post by t.A »

quite an interesting episode this one was =)
hokai, now another week till 5th episode (I want them all!) it seams that its going to one good anime=)
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Wow, this episode seems really short. I can't wait for more.

Seems like Vincent has some issues. That creepy smile after destroying that tracer...crazy man.

Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Eldo wrote:Wow, this episode seems really short. I can't wait for more.

Seems like Vincent has some issues. That creepy smile after destroying that tracer...crazy man.
yea the plot moved really slow in this one.
i loved pino though. its obvious she has some simple programming for being cute and adorable. but i fell for it nonetheless.
t.A
notanewb

Post by t.A »

Quest wrote:yea the plot moved really slow in this one.
i loved pino though. its obvious she has some simple programming for being cute and adorable. but i fell for it nonetheless.
about Pino, do you remember in one of earlier episodes how she manipulated her "mother" by pointing out that she hasn’t fulfilled her duties, plus she was an autorave pet daughter(?!) of that guy, responsible for caching proxi.. I think there will be some major issue about her...
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

t.A wrote:
Quest wrote:yea the plot moved really slow in this one.
about Pino, do you remember in one of earlier episodes how she manipulated her "mother" by pointing out that she hasn’t fulfilled her duties, plus she was an autorave pet daughter(?!) of that guy, responsible for caching proxi.. I think there will be some major issue about her...
you mean raul?
i didnt see any scenes that implied that he was related to pino. or that he had a wife.
but yes you are right. there is something sinister about pino too. we know that she is infected. she had this evil look before her female owner turned on her 'personality programming'. after that, she is cute as hell.
=)
t.A
notanewb

Post by t.A »

Yes I think its Raul. the reasons why I have thought that he is the husband of that woman are: he was going to supermarket to meet them (?) and looking at them even before the monster appeared, plus they supposed to get/adopt (?) a real baby (and if I understood correctly, Pino was like a test will they going to be a god parent for a child) and also after she (woman) was killed he was playing the same piano in the same room.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

The question is whether this "infection" is actually something bad. I understood it as an infection with autonous sentient thought in an AI system, only the society in the city can't tolerate androids acting independantly.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

t.A wrote:Yes I think its Raul. the reasons why I have thought that he is the husband of that woman are: he was going to supermarket to meet them (?) and looking at them even before the monster appeared, plus they supposed to get/adopt (?) a real baby (and if I understood correctly, Pino was like a test will they going to be a god parent for a child) and also after she (woman) was killed he was playing the same piano in the same room.
wow you are super-perceptive! i had to skim through the episodes again to get what you mean. yes i believe you are correct in your theory. they did not say it out explicitly but it was all implied. this anime is better than i thought!

but i cannot find the part where he played the piano.

Brainpiercing,
regarding the autoraves, i also noticed that every citizen has one or more as a companion. it was not spelt out but i think they are part of some orwellian plot to monitor all the citizens as well as carry out their normal duties.
just like what izzy did for lil's grandfather.
t.A
notanewb

Post by t.A »

3rd episode - 6min 20sec he is "playing", well not actually playing but just pushing the buttons.. :)

about the conspiracy, yes, its not obvious, but the general idea I believe is that autoraves is part of controlling system for citizens, not to mention the "ideal citizen" image - no maverick's allowed.. the concept is close to 1984, but not so drastic, like a prison with the view of paradise..
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

t.A wrote:
3rd episode - 6min 20sec he is "playing", well not actually playing but just pushing the buttons.. :)

about the conspiracy, yes, its not obvious, but the general idea I believe is that autoraves is part of controlling system for citizens, not to mention the "ideal citizen" image - no maverick's allowed.. the concept is close to 1984, but not so drastic, like a prison with the view of paradise..
holy crap. its amazing how you can figure the piano out.
pino was playing it and then much much later raul was just pressing the keys. its impossible for me to see the connection till you pointed it out.
=)

yes, big brother and elitism(the council=select few old people controlling society). and yet they also propagandise extreme consumerism(make a lot of waste = spend alot also). authoritarian yet so subtle.
t.A
notanewb

Post by t.A »

Well you just hit the jack pot!:) I believe that generally that town is a very subtitle critics towards the western culture – CONSUME and forget (for example how lil when for shopping after assault..)! Also the conformance way of life and way of thinking – let the president lead the way..:))) off course this should not be told to fellow Americans;)
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

thats why i love this anime.
its very deep on so many levels.