Final Fantasy Advent Children

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Cloud actually also flew in FF7.

SPOILER YES SPOILER: During the Reunion on the Northern crater when he gave the black materia to sephiroth. He snapped and flew up to a tree branch and walked upside down on it before going to a corner like a beatup schoolboy.
Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

Question, I might have completely missed something, but what's the significance of the wolf shots every once in a while? is it related to fenrir?
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

No, it's a symbol that Cloud is a lone wolf.
Last edited by DarkenRahlX on Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

maybe or it could refer to cloud being a loner keeping away from everything blah blah. The creators could just like wolves.
Ellen
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Ellen »

It's just interesting how it appears at the end right before the pool scene. If he's not lonely anymore, why is the wolf still present?

I'm going to assume that people have watched it if thye're reading this thread, but still make sort of obscure references :P
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

But it also disappears during that scene. Like he left a part of him behind.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

The wolf seems to leave Cloud and is replaced by the hands of all the children. I think that's when Cloud decides he wants to be part of a family.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I thought the general wolf motif is the same as the one in Dirge of Cerberus. I remember seeing Cloud's metal wolf ornament thing in a piece of artwork or screenshot or whatever of DoC...

But the lone wolf theory makes a bit more sense.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Seriously knew this movie would defy all logic, physics, etc and would not be gravity bounded when I watched the trailer. I seriously wasn't expecting anything...well, anything out of the plot besides being eye candy and entertaining. It was made for the fanboys and girls, and it delivered it's effect, you have tonnes of fans saying 'this is teh shit wish i could smoke it/play it' and they know very well to ignore plot holes and scenes which are logically impossible under the physics laws and such. I swear Tifa looked like she was made out of rubber the way she was beat around. I liked the movie, personally, I didn't expect too much and I got it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

The lacking plot problem of FFVII continued, on a grand movie scale. :lol: I mean I seriously didn't expect any kind of explaination of anything I just knew that there was going to be some sick fighting and thats what I got. Other than that this movie was lacking much.

But it did have some nice thoughts Example: Geostigma Syndrome. I just didn't like the way they tied that into Sep.
"Context is for Kings"
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Am I the only one who isn't entertained by rubber dolls zooming through the air?
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
oneofakind
Found the Edit button

Post by oneofakind »

Nope, and believe me you are no the only one...

Besides, i enjoyed Last Order far more fan Advent children, maybe because i wasn´t expecting anything.
TheDarkness
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by TheDarkness »

Grahf wrote:The lacking plot problem of FFVII continued, on a grand movie scale. :lol: I mean I seriously didn't expect any kind of explaination of anything I just knew that there was going to be some sick fighting and thats what I got. Other than that this movie was lacking much.

But it did have some nice thoughts Example: Geostigma Syndrome. I just didn't like the way they tied that into Sep.
what lacking plot problem?? as far as i know everything is explained in the game and movie... no questions unanswered
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I didn’t see anything wrong with the plot. Especially in the game! In any case, Sephiroth was still underpowered; I don’t care what you say. Cutting large chunks of buildings in half isn’t shit, but yeah, I mean't magic. I was really thinking that when his right wing came out that he was going to get serious, and that’s what should’ve happened, but it didn’t. I can understand why they did things the way they did, but he could’ve started laying down some awesome shit like Shadow Flare, Ultima, or even Super Nova! Anyway, I’m not too upset about it. As for the physical combat, I agree that the characters could’ve taken more damage. It didn’t need to be gory, but there could’ve been a bit more blood. As far as physics go, it’s anime people; the normal shit doesn’t apply.

BTW, I don't know what the heck Darken is talking about, but there isn't a Knights of the Round in this movie. The last attack that Cloud used on Sephiroth was cool, but it wasn't a KotR.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

He's simply compared it's likeness to KotR. It wasn't quite Omnislash, and it wasn't like any other Limit Break Cloud has in the game, so he just started calling it a KotR Limit Break or whatever. I don't think it's anything like KotR though, and should probably just leave it a cool attack that finished Sephiroth off :P.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Sephiroth seemed stronger and faster in Kingdom Hearts then this film. And after watching cloud and sephiroth duel it out in their "Showdown of Fate" on KH: FM it made me take AC as something i would expect.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

*sniff* watching that made me cry. I miss you Aeris!
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Looked like a one man version of Knights of the Round to me. The weapons were around Sephiroth and he struck him at different angles. It's way better than some people calling it Omnislash or "That move" In my opinion. Instead of Knights of the Round I'll call it Knight of the Round. ^^

Or this could be Advent Children's version of Cherry Blossom. Since Cloud's known limit breaks are:

Braver
Cross Slash
Blade Beam
Clim Hazzard
Meteorain
Finishing Touch
Omnislash
Cherry Blossom

His main sword does "blossom" into 6 swords. But the move in the movie looks nothing like the move from the game which it came from. But it does make sense to call it that.

In the end, I just don't want to call it "that move." It looks nothing like Omnislash. It does share characteristics with FFVII's and FFXI's Knights of the Round and Cherry Blossom fits because the sword "blossoms." So I'm either gong to call it Cherry Blossom or Knight of the Round. I guess I'll have to pick one and stick with it ^_^.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Okay, I can deal with that...but wait a second. Sakura (Cherry Blossom)...where'd that come from? Did you just make that up or something? I mean, if so, then okay...but I've never heard of it before. So, I'm just kind of wondering. If it's actually in the game, then that's a new one on me, and that'd be surprising. Especially since seven is still my favorite FF game. *Shrugs*
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

It's from Final Fantasy Tactcs. It's his final Limit Break.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah, I see...cool. Yeah, unfortunately I never unlocked him in that game, but I heard he was in it. *Nods*
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I never liked using his limit breaks in Tactics they were always awkwardly spaced and took very long. subing time mage didn't even feel helpful, so i never did cherry blossom.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

The Sword Cloud used was pretty damn cool cause he had that extra blade on it :D
Have to say it was a little disapointing that Cloud didnt use any Materia. I mean he had a box full off ém but never used one... Come on, I would go through the whole box numerous times :P

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

pop quiz... who knows where i can get the cellphone?

still surprised some of you didnt enjoy the movie though... it entertained me and i got to thinking about the plot... both movies had good plot but it was the execution the fucked the first one...

so in your eyes', which had better plot? FFVII or The Incredibles?
"Happiness is an inside job"
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

You can probably get the cell phone off of ebay. It's almost $300 I believe.