Berserk 292 - Mist of Death

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Re: Berserk 292 - Mist of Death

Post by Lord Rae »

I peeked at the raw myself...
slight spoiler.. not really but I'm just being cautious.

[spoiler]I was hoping for more out of the chapter but I guess all those nipples took a lot of time to draw. ;p lol.[/spoiler]
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

good the mention of nipples there is hope
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Whos nipples? Farneses? Caska? Some random chick getting raped?

Hmm couldn't wait and took a peek at the raw... well... didn't see and nipples :o
Hope the next one doesn't take as long as this one for Miura, because although there are surely a few story revelations in this one, I want to see Guts and company again!
johntnethk
imanewbie

Post by johntnethk »

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster here.

I'm really excited about the future arc, been waiting on 293 (seems like) forever.

Seems like Gattz will probably get his own army to go against Griffith. It just seems that Muira is building up Gattz to be the yin to Griffith's yang, starting from way back when Gattz realized that he wanted to be Griffith's equal. It's not the only way, but it would be cool to see Gattz with his own armies.

I think that the elf king will heal Casca, but I doubt the elf king can fully heal her, because it seems that Gattz is basically travelling the same path Skull Knight took...so he can't be that powerful. Maybe something like Tsubasa RC happens, where Caska loses alot of the memories in relation to Gattz, and only Gattz, or even both Gattz and Griffith? Something where the memories were just too painful for her to fully remember...just seems like that may be the case, because there relationship had come to a sort of stand-off prior to the first eclipse...ie. going off together, happy ending etc. Maybe this will help further develop Casca's character (ie. she has strong feelings for both Gattz and Griffith, but can't seem to remember why), whole new journey for the team.

Maybe the Elfhelm king can help Gattz by getting him started on being a general, instead of giving him his real arm back, fixing his eye, or removing / weakening the curse on the Berserker armor. I believe Griffith will launch an attack on Skellig island with a sizable fleet in the near future, while Gattz & team are there (even though the Vatican fleet's half gone, he may be able to scrounge up the remaining, plus the left-over ships of the Kushan after he wtfpwns the Emperor). Gattz would probably offer to stay and help, and that gets him started off.

In the original BoH, Griffith made the battle strategy, Gattz, Pippen, & co. followed (or didn't follow, aka Crazy Gattz) his orders. It didn't seem like he took any of his comrades suggestions, mainly dictating and directing, whereas I could see a Gattz army be the opposite, where Gattz would listen and rely on the advice of others, something that he is doing alot more of recently. It just seems to me that Gattz's current buddies, and some past ones, are all (or most of them) being setup to be able to help him become a king / general.

- Roderick seems like he'd be huge as a fleet commander. He's being shown as a fine naval officer, and could probably lead the Skellig fleet to victory if Griffith sent his cronies. Probably eventually invade Midland with this fleet too. Roderick may be able to rally more people (Roderick's country) to their cause too.
- Serpico has been shown to have a really good mind for strategy (his two fights against Gattz), has a penchant for history, and would probably be the strategist for the Gattz black brigade.
- Casca, if she went back to a semblance of her old self, would serve as an officer for Gattz like she did for Griffith...that would be pretty cool IMHO (guarantee she'd get some magic weps as well). Can't wait to see her back fighting.
- Plus a small army of wizards, Puck clones, and you've got a dream team!

That would be quite a start. As the team gets stronger, more recruits and old friends / common enemies of Griffith start coming by and joining the Gattz team.

- Forgot the name of the Kushan fighter and his two bald shaolin-style monks...but I think he might join up with Gattz eventually too, possibly with his whole clan. They would both have a common enemy to fight, and his loyalty to his empire would be gone when Griffith crushes the super-apostle. And he's got a score to settle with Griffith's Kushan assassin.
- Rickert would probably join up as well. He'd become the new band's budding artillerist. Imagine a team of Kushan monks with hand cannons...lol
- Luca and Jerome (from the 2nd eclipse chapters) might play a role too...seems like Jerome is the heir to some noble house. They've fought together, Casca would get a friend back.
- Sheez, even Farnese might have a Vandemion heavy guard at her command (highly unlikely, but that would be pretty cool).

That would be a huge setup for the mass army vs. army and 1v1 battles like the good ole' BoH arc, and a massive finale.

PS. BTW, I missed out on posts around chapters 238-240...anyone have ANY idea who the kid with the black hair on the beach is? (Black hawk? Gattz' son with a new body?)
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Hmmmm interesting.......
Let's put a smile on that face...............
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Aetherfukz wrote:Whos nipples? Farneses? Caska? Some random chick getting raped?

Hmm couldn't wait and took a peek at the raw... well... didn't see and nipples :o
Hope the next one doesn't take as long as this one for Miura, because although there are surely a few story revelations in this one, I want to see Guts and company again!
If you read the raw (which I didn't) you could always check the next release date.
Alucardking
imanewbie

Post by Alucardking »

I am a luker too, I like your post. wow though up more than I could, I can't wait for the chapter. I can't wait for 294 either. As soon as griffith parts are done we move back to gatts.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

The Prince wrote:
Aetherfukz wrote:Whos nipples? Farneses? Caska? Some random chick getting raped?

If you read the raw (which I didn't) you could always check the next release date.
Right :D
It says 14th of march on it, yay!
Alucardking
imanewbie

Post by Alucardking »

Seeing as 294 is set for march 14th....

How much longer will this track record keep up??? I am not trying to mess anything up. just hope it stays like this for atleast 2-3 months =/.

before break.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Beats Alucardking with a floppy wet salmon*

Shut your hole n00b-bait! Every time someone says that it jinxes it. :P
Alucardking
imanewbie

Post by Alucardking »

* zipps mouth shut* =x.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*Puts away the battered salmon*
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

PS. BTW, I missed out on posts around chapters 238-240...anyone have ANY idea who the kid with the black hair on the beach is? (Black hawk? Gattz' son with a new body?)
Nobody knows for sure. There's a lot of speculation, most of it focusing around him either being the spirit of Gut's and Caska's son (changed since Griffith's rebirth) as the more likely possibility, or else maybe the Elf King in disguise (less likely). Or maybe he's someone completely different that we don't know about yet, only Miura really knows.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

You know what, I hate mofos like johntnethk.

Why you ask?
They come in here and with one post list all their opinions and predictions about the Berserk-verse and never come back again... :evil:

Yes, we are all eagerly awaiting the translated release of 293 by the hard working guys here. Everyones eager. Everyone wants to see what happens. What doesn't happen is every member writing their opinions and predictions on the future of the series. The stuff he says could happen who knows when. Months from now? Years from now? Its anyones guess. Its also anyones guess regarding all the little bits and details. If johntnethk wanted me to take him seriously then his post wouldn't have gone off on random points. This isn't a predictions thread.

And that PS inquiry... You kinda state that Gutts has a son and are inquiring about him having a new body. I know who you're talking about and no one knows for sure, as stated before.

The only way anyone is ever going to get an answer about anything not blatantly stated, even people argue how to spell Gutts' name, is if Miura puts out a Berserk glossary revealing everything about the series. Otherwise its up to interpretation.

But I'm just wasting my breath as this guy only posted once and will probably never post again.

/End rant
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

See, I thought that Guts and Caska's child was the body that was transformed into Griffith. Even though in a chapter they did imply that Guts, Caska and the kid did look like a family, wasn't the fetus "used up" in making Griffith in the human plane of existence?
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, his body was used up to make a new vessel for Griffith. However, I believe that the child on the beach was the son of Casca & Gatts. Where he got the new body, or how he came to be in that form, I don't know. Until Miura reveals the truth, it's just a theory.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, his body was used up to make a new vessel for Griffith. However, I believe that the child on the beach was the son of Casca & Gatts. Where he got the new body, or how he came to be in that form, I don't know. Until Miura reveals the truth, it's just a theory.
Yeah, I guess if those two had a son (non-demonic) that would be how he might look. Also that kid looked to be about the right age for when Guts and Caska made beautiful love together.

Talk about good genes.
hbi2k
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by hbi2k »

Just tossing off a random thought here, but is it possible that the child on the beach might've been some kind of hallucination or apparition? Guts and Casca's child was both physical and astral: physical because it was originally a perfectly normal human fetus, astral due to being corrupted or mutated by what Griffith did to Casca. That dual nature is most likely what made it an ideal "bridge" for Griffemto to cross back over into the physical realm, but is it possible that although its physical being was "used up" to create Griffith's new physical body, its astral form or soul remained intact? Everyone who saw the child at the beach is able to perceive astral creatures such as elves, so maybe it wasn't really "physically" there, but only present astrally? Once again, just a thought.
Berserk: The Abridged Series: Beating a dead horse with another dead horse.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, who knows, maybe. *shrugs*
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

lon3vvolf wrote:The only way anyone is ever going to get an answer about anything not blatantly stated, even people argue how to spell Gutts' name, is if Miura puts out a Berserk glossary revealing everything about the series.
It's spelled Guts, Miura said that this was the official romanisation of the name :D
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

hbi2k wrote:Just tossing off a random thought here, but is it possible that the child on the beach might've been some kind of hallucination or apparition? Guts and Casca's child was both physical and astral: physical because it was originally a perfectly normal human fetus, astral due to being corrupted or mutated by what Griffith did to Casca. That dual nature is most likely what made it an ideal "bridge" for Griffemto to cross back over into the physical realm, but is it possible that although its physical being was "used up" to create Griffith's new physical body, its astral form or soul remained intact? Everyone who saw the child at the beach is able to perceive astral creatures such as elves, so maybe it wasn't really "physically" there, but only present astrally? Once again, just a thought.
I don't know if it's all dandy.
If it was an hallucination, it was shared by all of the members. Knowing this we can strike that off because of the elfs would sense that the child wasn't real. Skullknight would say something misterious about it, when he meets Guts there. Also, Shierke would sense that something wasn't right in that picture, although she isn't a top mage/witch. Shierke thought she saw that child again, later, as he or she was being taken as a slave by the pirates.
Now thinking about it, while i would like that child to be of the CaskaxGuts relationship, more it seems it was a random orphan child, lost in the beach that it was use, by Miura, to get Caska and Guts slight closer to each other and to provoke Caska motherly instincts.
hitokiri2007
imanewbie

Post by hitokiri2007 »

Thats great that the spoilers are out for the next chapter.
I've been seeing DarkHorse shut down good sites hosting the manga (onemanga just got hit).

Will EG still be doing Berserk?
Death&Rebirth
Mastered PM

Post by Death&Rebirth »

hitokiri2007 wrote:Thats great that the spoilers are out for the next chapter.
I've been seeing DarkHorse shut down good sites hosting the manga (onemanga just got hit).

I could just flame your ass right now but i'm going to behave.
Engage your brain before posting and put the source of that information, because, OneManga is still alive and kicking, as far i can tell with info from their webpage, etc, etc. And what sites are you referring to, since to my knowledge, DH didn't move much muscle in the past years against of such sites. I know quite a few (besides onemanga) that still are fully operational hosting series from DH, VIz, Tokyopop, CMX and unlicenced.

If there's something worse than an arrogant newb it's an unconfirmed-rumor spreading newb (ok, both in one can be pretty hard-core sucky)

But to please your question with an answer i leave you with some wisdom words:
From Psi29a:

We voluntarily remove torrents from the tracker that have made it to store shelves here. We highly encourage everyone to buy it.

NHK for example, when all is published will be completely removed from the tracker. We have already done this with FMA and number of other projects we worked on in the past.

Knock on wood, no letters yet and we've been around for awhile.

This server doesn't host any copyrighted material. The tracker itself contains only torrents which is just meta data, also not copyrighted. Hence, this is why we don't do direct downloads either... however there are kind souls that offer it.

I have the documentation that says that I operate in the red on this thing, so even with the adverts and donations, I (nor EG) do not make any profit from any of this. It would be nice to break even though. ;)

Transparency is always key.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Aetherfukz wrote:
lon3vvolf wrote:The only way anyone is ever going to get an answer about anything not blatantly stated, even people argue how to spell Gutts' name, is if Miura puts out a Berserk glossary revealing everything about the series.
It's spelled Guts, Miura said that this was the official romanisation of the name :D
Thanks for the insight. I'll use that spelling of it from now on.
hitokiri2007
imanewbie

Post by hitokiri2007 »

Death&Rebirth wrote:
hitokiri2007 wrote:Thats great that the spoilers are out for the next chapter.

I could just flame your ass right now but i'm going to behave.
Engage your brain before posting and put the source of that information, because, OneManga is still alive and kicking, as far i can tell with info from their webpage, etc, etc. And what sites are you referring to, since to my knowledge, DH didn't move much muscle in the past years against of such sites. I know quite a few (besides onemanga) that still are fully operational hosting series from DH, VIz, Tokyopop, CMX and unlicenced.

If there's something worse than an arrogant newb it's an unconfirmed-rumor spreading newb (ok, both in one can be pretty hard-core sucky)

But to please your question with an answer i leave you with some wisdom words:
From Psi29a:

We voluntarily remove torrents from the tracker that have made it to store shelves here. We highly encourage everyone to buy it.

NHK for example, when all is published will be completely removed from the tracker. We have already done this with FMA and number of other projects we worked on in the past.

Knock on wood, no letters yet and we've been around for awhile.

This server doesn't host any copyrighted material. The tracker itself contains only torrents which is just meta data, also not copyrighted. Hence, this is why we don't do direct downloads either... however there are kind souls that offer it.

I have the documentation that says that I operate in the red on this thing, so even with the adverts and donations, I (nor EG) do not make any profit from any of this. It would be nice to break even though. ;)

Transparency is always key.
If you see an arrogrant newb, tell me about it. I love a flame.
HOWEVER, I misspoke. DH did in fact tell OneManga to take down the manga. I meant to say it that way, but it came out completely different since I was in a rush to type it. (im at work)

It was definitely my bad though