Berserk 297 - The Blind Giant God

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Re: Berserk 297 - The Blind Giant God

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:No special brownies for you!

This shit ain't free.

"15 bucks, little man, put that shit, in my hand."
Yes quite. *Forks over 15 dollars canadian.*
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Canadian!? What is this? Your pretend monopoly money is no good here!

Before all you canucks out there get on my case...it's a joke. ;)
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Good thing you're joking or I'd have to slap you with a limp caribou.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

dialdfordesi wrote:Good thing you're joking or I'd have to slap you with a limp caribou.
are those real?
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

You know whats awesome? Midgets. They fucking rule. I 'd like to see one o' ye faeries beating a good ol' midget. (that was supposed to be red-neck like)

I consider myself an over-sized oompa loompa, and I am damn proud of it! Oompa Loompas are teh shit.

Oompa Loompa, oompa dee doo.....!

Aweome. It's just a good as it can possibly get. There is simply nothing even remotely comparable with them.

PD: Starnum, didn't you used to lead a fake political party called the faeries, in opposition to the goat-grabbers led by the infamous Buzkashi?
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

dialdfordesi wrote:Good thing you're joking or I'd have to slap you with a limp caribou.
DrPepperPro wrote:are those real?
:lol:

Both of those posts cracked me up. Of course caribou are real, but they can't fly. >.>

I love that DPPro didn't as much as question my limp pixie, but caribou he has to wonder about. :P

Rolos wrote:You know whats awesome? Midgets. They fucking rule. I 'd like to see one o' ye faeries beating a good ol' midget. (that was supposed to be red-neck like)
*gasp* "Midgets" is politically incorrect! :P
Rolos wrote:PD: Starnum, didn't you used to lead a fake political party called the faeries, in opposition to the goat-grabbers led by the infamous Buzkashi?
Um, no. My faction is called the Emerald Knights. Get it right! I mean, with a name like that, you've gotta love us. ;)
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Rolos wrote:You know whats awesome? Midgets. They fucking rule. I 'd like to see one o' ye faeries beating a good ol' midget. (that was supposed to be red-neck like)

I consider myself an over-sized oompa loompa, and I am damn proud of it! Oompa Loompas are teh shit.

Oompa Loompa, oompa dee doo.....!

Aweome. It's just a good as it can possibly get. There is simply nothing even remotely comparable with them.

PD: Starnum, didn't you used to lead a fake political party called the faeries, in opposition to the goat-grabbers led by the infamous Buzkashi?
I'll teach you the proper redneck term here. I'd like t' see one of them there fairies take own a good 'ol midget, that boy never sit down right again I tell ya what. Also I never new you were a midget.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Starnum wrote:I just think people are becoming too dependent on sites like Wikipedia, which worst of all, is an open-source media which anyone can edit. >.>

Not too say that the information you provided is untrue. Elves are described in lots of ways, and there are lots of different types of elves. I'm just not that fond of the really small kind. I prefer high elves, or even forest elves, which usually only grow to about four feet tall. I don't like Santa's little helpers, or munchkin/gremlin type elves. *shrugs*

We highborn are known to be rather conceited though, so what can I say. I guess it beats being a dwarf. :P
Oh sure. I also vastly prefer the Tolkien version of elves. They're just cool. Far more so than the other versions, that's for sure. I was just expressing a moment of nerdom and correcting your oversimplification in regards to lore.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

I´m more of a fan of the Quel´dorei Warcraft high elves.

Their prince Kae´thasl was my favorite character from the story before his personality was completely butchered in Burning Crusade.
Rolos
Tastes like burning!

Post by Rolos »

that little Jaina's loving bitch was your favorite character? Seriously?
I thought Arthas/Nerzhul was everyone's favorite. He is just so damn cool.

King Terenas: "What are you doing my son?"
Arthas: "Succeeding you......father"

You cant beat that shit. Best ending video ever.
One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.
~Diogenes of Sinope
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

nah, I don't think the Tolkein type of elves are all that cool. They're immortal, but still have children, there's just something fundamentally wrong with that. If they, as a species, are immortal, then what is the point of them having babies? The only reason to procreate would be to replenish their population after battles, which elves aren't supposed to be a part of because they're supposed to be peaceful. I guess Tolkein elves learn how to fight to protect themselves and their forests from those that would want to harm them. My favorite kind of elves are these ones that exist within this fantasy story I read a while ago, can't remember the name. Anyways, the Elves were greedy bastards that had huge family heirarchies with hundereds of people from the same household living within the same house, all of the generations, and one old grandfather was the patriarch. They didn't have polygamy, but they still had huge families. The reason I like those elves was that their high and mightiness turned into greed and they began a war with these ogre-like people to take their land. Oh yeah, they could use magic. I don't think that they count as and type of traditional elf though.

Anyways, getting back to Berserk, I think that the elf king is one of those huge human sized immortal elves, with tree-like appendages, like the king of the elves from Hellboy 2, or like the Guado from FFX. That, or he'd be like the king of the fairfolk from the Chronicles of Prydain series.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Eedze
imanewbie

Post by Eedze »

i think we shouldn't make a commotion about those sort of things like elves and fairies and pixies or whatever. fact is. none of them excist in the real world. they are all made up over the centuries and meanwhile every person adopted thier version of the subject.

its like yelling about werewolves that in the 1st movie can be harmed by religious objects like crosses while in the other movie they just deny it.

let the one making the storie decide how to portray his characters and don't correct them for their creativity
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Uh, I wasn't trying to correct Miura.

It's a running gag that people call me fairy and I correct them that I'm an elf (my persona that is).

Stop trying to ruin our fun! :P

I wouldn't say that I got my preferred version of elves from Tolkien necessarily, but they're pretty close. Deedlit was the first elf I ever really liked, so you could say I actually got my preference from anime and even video games, but before that it was D&D. Once I seen the anime elves, I liked those kind the best though, and adapted my preferred style to the ones from Lodoss War. WoW elves are cool, especially the blood elves, but the constantly glowing eyes don't really do it for me.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Hah, the cover images are small as hell!

The alternative cover is actually pretty cute.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Starnum wrote:
I wouldn't say that I got my preferred version of elves from Tolkien necessarily, but they're pretty close. Deedlit was the first elf I ever really liked, so you could say I actually got my preference from anime and even video games, but before that it was D&D. Once I seen the anime elves, I liked those kind the best though, and adapted my preferred style to the ones from Lodoss War. WoW elves are cool, especially the blood elves, but the constantly glowing eyes don't really do it for me.
Tolkienesque elves aren't limited to just Tolkien, and I wasn't trying to imply such. Rather, any elf that is similar to his model (tall, beautiful, long-lived, powerful, etc.) tend to be labeled as Tolkien type elves, simply to distinguish which "type" of elf you are talking about (not something like Puck, in other words). Tolkien made famous the type, and so they are often named after him (D&D for example is highly based off of Tolkien, and their elves are very much Tolkien version; same with WoW).
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Deathbringer wrote:Hah, the cover images are small as hell!
The alternative cover is actually pretty cute.
Looks like during this long break shirekie(sp?) dyed her hair.

To all the guys who are gonna work on the release: I'm teeming with excitement and would bust through walls in order to get my hands on those 20 pages. Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah, and for Herald's comment about my video, it was all for the Guts costume I wore. Shit, I know I don't have Guts physique but I'm a crazy Berserk fan. Are you? Hows your comforter coming along? How about that Roderick costume you talked about? No... nothing? =/

Oh yeah this is OT but heres some new Berserk stuff I got:
Cell from the anime of Judeau (about $50 on ebay):
Figure of Gats ($20 the guy gave me a discount, it didn't have a box):
(dont mind the old guy fishing, gift from china, or the kids practicing TaeKwonDo, gift from Korea)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Istvan wrote:Tolkienesque elves aren't limited to just Tolkien, and I wasn't trying to imply such. Rather, any elf that is similar to his model (tall, beautiful, long-lived, powerful, etc.) tend to be labeled as Tolkien type elves, simply to distinguish which "type" of elf you are talking about (not something like Puck, in other words). Tolkien made famous the type, and so they are often named after him (D&D for example is highly based off of Tolkien, and their elves are very much Tolkien version; same with WoW).
Ah, good point. Fair enough.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

lon3vvolf wrote: Oh yeah this is OT but heres some new Berserk stuff I got:
Cell from the anime of Judeau (about $50 on ebay):
damn that's awesome. If you get enough you could make season 2.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

DrPepperPro wrote: damn that's awesome. If you get enough you could make season 2.
I wish! But cells of more prominent characters like Gats, Caska, or Gaymo... I mean Griffith cost anywhere between $100 a piece to about $900. At one convention I saw a cell of Gats from the first episode (i think) where he had the throwing knives, and the cannon hand, the guy was selling it for $899. I don't have THAT much money to burn.

3 more days... 3 more days... 3 more days...
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Bring it!!!!!

Let's put a smile on that face...............
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

The Prince wrote:Bring it!!!!!

explain
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

Okay, Prince, your devotation to Berserk fandom is impressive, if not oppressive, but I must say I have a few problems of my own to deal with before I spend upwards of 100$ and 100 hours to work on my Roderick costume. A big one I'd say is working on getting all of my prerequisites done that I need for medical school. I'm sure you got your own stuff to deal with too, as we all do, but I've put other things higher on my priorities list. You can check out the AMV thread to see the one thing I have finished in regards to Berserk fandom. And please, flame it, it's silly. I may do a miniature Roderick costume for my pattern making class, but only because I need to do that anyways. At least I kind of half plan things out, can't blame a guy for trying. :beer:

But now I have atleast convinced my girlfriend to be Farnese at Sakuracon. That, or we're going to cop out and both be Ranma from Ranma 1/2.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Expain.....what?
The Herald wrote:Okay, Prince, your devotation to Berserk fandom is impressive, if not oppressive, but I must say I have a few problems of my own to deal with before I spend upwards of 100$ and 100 hours to work on my Roderick costume. A big one I'd say is working on getting all of my prerequisites done that I need for medical school. I'm sure you got your own stuff to deal with too, as we all do, but I've put other things higher on my priorities list. You can check out the AMV thread to see the one thing I have finished in regards to Berserk fandom. And please, flame it, it's silly. I may do a miniature Roderick costume for my pattern making class, but only because I need to do that anyways. At least I kind of half plan things out, can't blame a guy for trying. :beer:

But now I have atleast convinced my girlfriend to be Farnese at Sakuracon. That, or we're going to cop out and both be Ranma from Ranma 1/2.
That's nice.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

What is that picture from? I don't recognize it from any past chapters.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Wow prince! Thats some impressive stuff. I say we necro the merchandise thread. You can check out some stuff I put up there already.

And yeah, where the hell is that thing from? I have 2 Berserk artbooks but they're mostly on the anime. Hmmm...