::Naruto::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Re: ::Naruto::

Post by fujinsan »

Finally pains reasons, not to mention he's gonna die soon. He looks older than dust, well not really, but he is gonna die soon you can see it clearly. Yes Hinata's hot and all but froggy style? Running a train on her? Priceless lol :D
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

wtf he's covered in bones now
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

[spoiler]Is it just me, or was Hinata's departure a bit abrupt and without build up? It was simply, "Bam, I love you." /dead
I'd feel sorry if the author lead me in that direction, but for some reason I can't help but feel only indifference. And yeah, the bones on Naruto doesn't make sense.[/spoiler]
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

so she is gone?
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

[spoiler]i dont think she is D-E-D (but i may just be me hopeing) i think the bones look similar to a foxes, where the previous for form had naruto looking more and more like the fox, mabe the bones are symbolic of the actualy nine-tail demon getting closer to leaveing its prison?[/spoiler]
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

nah I guess she is look at page 14 the sound fx
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

[spoiler]Thus far the entire story is built upon Pain's ruthlessness. He's killed Jiraya and leveled Konoha; killing a girl he's never met before shouldn't be beneath him.

Her death stroke was left out, but this being a Shonen Jump manga; an unconscious girl having her heart or head pierced is a bit much. Their currently aren't any reasons why Pain would purposefully feign a gib simply to excite Naruto. She got in his way, and he killed her.

Everything about this chapter was abrupt. The fact that she confessed to Naruto out of the blue is like an alarm bell screaming, "I'm about to die!"

If she really did die, then that sucks. That really sucks. Not because I wished Hinata didn't die, but because the way the mangaka decided to present it. It seemed so cheap. Like knocking off an extra character because he's written one too many; because having to explain their continued involvement in the storyline would've been too cumbersome to deal with. Though if this is the case, then the chances of Kakashi / Shizune turning up again should be nil.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Artezul on Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Actually I agree word for word with Artezul. I said the same thing in my head (since its 0414 hours here). Wow.

edit: I also read somewhere that Kishi has said that Hinata isn't one of his favorite characters.
"Context is for Kings"
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

Lol? That's.. pretty bad.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

It's weird the way she went out
I love you!
dead
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

The bones on naruto were the nine tailed fox beginning to take form, not being released from it's imprisonment but actually giving the full nine tails (when they are released) an actual form. Meaning, just like killer bee, he'll be able to take the form of the nine tailed fox. My predictions for the next chapter, Naruto literally goes ape shit on all pains, they won't stand a chance against him of course, and the konoha ninja get shit on by naruto too. They'll find pains actual body but konan is strong.

[spoiler]Be it if Hinata is actually dead or not is up to the mangaka, Only die hard hinata fans will stop reading if it's officially stated that she's dead. If she is dead it can only mean sasuke will die in the end. :)[/spoiler]
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

@Fujinsan - I think it wasn't well known that Kishi isn't a big fan of Hinata. On the other hand Kishi is a big fan (#1) of Sasuke. .... Just throwing that out there.
"Context is for Kings"
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Doesn't mean much to me, If I made a manga and actually wanted it to be good, I could care less of what my favorite character was just for story. The way things are turning out, Sasuke may in fact be the "bad guy" of the series, seeing as Naruto is the good guy. My favorite in the series was killed off long ago, and also given a glorious ending. No matter though, how I imagine the series is definitely not up to me but to kishimoto, but he is predictably none the less. I also knew about Madara being one of the main villains in the story and sasuke turning over to him, at some turning point, before Madara's name was officially released in the manga almost a year after I thought about it. I don't know though maybe I'm reading to much into it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Man, that chapter was kind of crazy. I can't imagine Hinata going out like that. That was just way too abrupt, IMO. Confessing ones love like that and then immediately going out to fight is a sure-fire way to get yourself killed in anime/manga though, so I just don't know. I can see Kakashi and Shizune being gone now, but not Hinata too, that's too much IMO. I guess we'll see how it goes. I won't stop reading because she died, or I'd have stopped when Jiraiya died. I wouldn't stop reading something just because my favorite character or someone died, but I am hoping that she makes it at least. Though with Naruto on the brink of going totally berserk, it may be hard for anyone to survive at this point, heh.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

fujinsan wrote:Doesn't mean much to me, If I made a manga and actually wanted it to be good, I could care less of what my favorite character was just for story.
So true but this is you we are talking about and not Kishi. We have no clue whats going through his mind. Perhaps Sasuke will get the Itachi treatment without the dying. But I will not hold my breath. I don't see Sasuke dying I could see Naruto dying on the other hand. Then Sasuke then taking the torch as the Hokage to follow Naruto.

Ghey? yeah thats why I see it happening.
"Context is for Kings"
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Hum....at first i was all for Hinata finally exclaiming her love in quite a romantic way, saving Naruto´s life while sacrificing her own but after some thought about the chapter, it left a bad taste in my mouth in how Hinata was completely overlooked and pushed aside for the plot of part 2 only to make her great debut bathed in Plot-Induced Stupidity while she herself is nothing but a plot device to make Naruto "go to the next level" and release the Kyuubi.

Sure, she was cute as hell and she´s finally the character that Kishi set her up to be....but everything else about her in this chapter is just generic, poor shonen storytelling.

I hope she doesn´t die so we can have more screen time with her, it´s all good when he kills well developed characters like Jiraya (And their finally characterization ends and peaks with said death) but when he kills wasted potential just for a random power up, it´s just bullshit.

I still don´t think Kakahi´s dead though. And Six Tailed Naruto with his bones forming in him was fucking awesome.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

guess she aint dead afterall
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Grahf wrote:
fujinsan wrote:Doesn't mean much to me, If I made a manga and actually wanted it to be good, I could care less of what my favorite character was just for story.
So true but this is you we are talking about and not Kishi. We have no clue whats going through his mind. Perhaps Sasuke will get the Itachi treatment without the dying. But I will not hold my breath. I don't see Sasuke dying I could see Naruto dying on the other hand. Then Sasuke then taking the torch as the Hokage to follow Naruto.

Ghey? yeah thats why I see it happening.
Well looks like I was right to some extent, it seems she's not dead and someone is about to save her. My other predictions, I'm not so sure about anymore, I don't think Sasuke will be killed now. Your prediction about Sasuke becoming the Hokage is somewhat exasperated of the actual plot line, but then again can in someway be a possibility. All we can seem to do at this point is hope for the best but know the worst is still to come, kinda look at it in a pessimistic since, I guess.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Possible translation for Pain's next jutsu "Chibaku Tensei": Earth Rupturing Heaven Voice, but will it be enough to stop 6-tails Kyubi-Naruto? Find out next time. XD

Someone save Hinata, quick! I knew she'd make it. Naruto needs to hit that! Nah, but they should totally hook-up though. :P
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Starnum wrote:Someone save Hinata, quick! I knew she'd make it. Naruto needs to hit that! Nah, but they should totally hook-up though. :P
stab wounds are tricky. I've heard stories of people surviving 12 stab wounds before. Anyway with Sakura there Hinata should be able to pull through.

With this Sakura is still free to 'bring' Sasuke back I guess.
"Context is for Kings"
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

sakura is gonna to get jealous and let hinata die
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

ShinigamiGuts wrote:sakura is gonna to get jealous and let hinata die
Heh, funny. :P
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

I had a big Hell yes after this new chapter!
[spoiler]It's totally sweet that Naruto gets to meet the 4th now![/spoiler]
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

hrm im curious what direction the next few chapters will take with this new development
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that was a pretty awesome development, and no one better could give Naruto that long awaited piece of news. I can't wait to see what happens next.