Berserk Stupid theories

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

is this thread useful?

Yes
51%
No
15%
You should die Dark for reviving this shit
34%

Total votes: 248

wotjesus
imanewbie

Post by wotjesus »

Bigitte from Wheel of Time, Legolas from Lord of the Rings, and the antagonistic Bullseye from Daredevil are joining the legal fray, and are now head-on in the battle for who is the best cliche archer/sharpshooter in the realm of fantasy.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Sadly, just as they were about to reach a conclusion, Robin Hood shows up and utterly crushes all three of them at once.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

wotjesus wrote:Bigitte from Wheel of Time, Legolas from Lord of the Rings, and the antagonistic Bullseye from Daredevil are joining the legal fray, and are now head-on in the battle for who is the best cliche archer/sharpshooter in the realm of fantasy.
Ok, whats up with all the versus nonsense poping up in this thread...
If your going to make a versus post at least make it correctly by giving the necessary info. And this is Berserk forums, the link between your post and Berserk is not clearly mentioned and could bring to something of a confusion like Ubik using a bow :?:
Spiderking
imanewbie

Post by Spiderking »

Then while Guts is finding out about Skull Knight and Slaan. Casaka gains back her sanity and finds out she was really in love with Gaston so she uses her "witch" powers and summons him back to life. When she tells him he apologizes and says his heart belongs to Guts. So bascially the story ends with Gaston jumping off the highest point the world Guts new gang commit a joint sucicide then the God Hand become their human forms and the world lives happily ever after except of Puck who dies of an STI he caught from Ishidoro.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

If the story actually ends somewhere like that, I wouldnt have any regret at all.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I would deny ever having read it... :evil:
Spiderking
imanewbie

Post by Spiderking »

The real climax of berserk will be when Guts who is about to kill Griffith finds out that he really saved Griffith's evil twin brother Groffoth. Sadly, the God Hand confused to two and brain washed him into thinking he was Griffith. So, while the real Griffith was in the dungeon he got a sex change and become the King of Midlands concubine, because he was just using the Princess to get closer to the king.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

I knew it! Griffith wanted to be a woman all along. That's why he looks so gay. But a sex change in medieval times? Imagine the operation...To go under the knife with no anaesthetic...That guy's got balls...Well, er, not anymore...
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

But the sex change was only temporary, as a way of getting close enough to the King to assasinate him. Once the King was dead, Griffith had another sex change (back to a male) and also cosmetic surgery so that he looked just like the King. That's how he finally achieved his goal of gaining his own kingdom.
InsaneNoodlyGuy
Mastered PM

Post by InsaneNoodlyGuy »

Chapter 280 is in fact the last chapter of berserk and the end of the story. It is currenty 500 pages long and counting. Release date is estimated to be early 2009
Meow! Meow! Meow! Cat chow!! Cease your flatulent winds and hear my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise!! Grrr!! Cheese!!!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

whats it been, like 4 months insane?
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Miura bit the dust in a fatal car accident, EG will now pick up production of the Berserk Manga, huzzah!
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Actually this isnt a stupid theory at all.

I have been rereading the manga and it annoys me more and more seeing how amazing the dark days of the manga was.

Wish he never made Guts a leader of merry band, sure nothing against for some reason traveling with kids that are useless except the witch.

I hope they all die or leave him alone after this arc and the next and the manga becomes dark again.

Amen!!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

well Libaax, i've been predicitng that would happen for the last 4 months or so lol
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Libaax wrote:I hope they all die or leave him alone after this arc and the next and the manga becomes dark again.
Farnese had it coming....

she freaks me out anyway, psycho bitch.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Haha is that a photoshop work?

Glad to see i am not the only one that wants to get rid of the merry band :)
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

No, it's from back when she first captured him and he's escaping. The two of them are out at night and the ghosts come out. That picture is actually him saving her from the ghost who'd possessed the horse.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Istvan wrote:
No, it's from back when she first captured him and he's escaping. The two of them are out at night and the ghosts come out. That picture is actually him saving her from the ghost who'd possessed the horse.
Who was going to rape her...as usual, which sends Guts into regression of the godhand experience, hence his craziness.
Kshatriya
imanewbie

Post by Kshatriya »

Who was going to rape her...as usual, which sends Guts into regression of the godhand experience, hence his craziness.

How much of Gutts' rape-rage do you think stems from Caska getting raped, rather than from his own childhood horror of getting forcefully raped by Donovan? Which would be more traumatizing?
Kshatriya: A protector of lands; one who upholds the codes of honour, bravery and loyalty.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I'm almost certain that it was remembering Caska getting raped. Seeing a monster standing over a naked women about to rape her, seems more to do with the Caska memory. Also, I think the memory of Caska (and the whole eclipse) is a much bigger influence on his mind right now then that long ago time when he was raped.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Kshatriya wrote:

How much of Gutts' rape-rage do you think stems from Caska getting raped, rather than from his own childhood horror of getting forcefully raped by Donovan? Which would be more traumatizing?
It's actually a memory of her that triggers it, visuals and all. Let me find a pic . These two are like described, right before the above picture.

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Good thing that i am rereading when i couldnt remember a scene like that :P
Kshatriya
imanewbie

Post by Kshatriya »

That pretty much answers my question right there. Miura sure does like his rape scenes - although they're all extremely integral to the plot and character development. Particularly for Caska, I'd say.
Kshatriya: A protector of lands; one who upholds the codes of honour, bravery and loyalty.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

What do you mean likes ?

Maybe its important to the story cause what happened to Guts as a kid ;)

One time is enough for most people but twice it happened to Guts no wonder he freaked out this scene.

Atleast Muira rape scenes has anything to do with the story most mangas i have seen with a rape scene are only a pervertet fantasy or something for sick fun.
Kshatriya
imanewbie

Post by Kshatriya »

Atleast Muira rape scenes has anything to do with the story most mangas i have seen with a rape scene are only a pervertet fantasy or something for sick fun.
That was exactly my point.

As for Miura "liking" rape scenes, all I meant was that he's managed to work a lot of them into his story. Most certainly, Berserk wouldn't be Berserk - and Gutts wouldn't be Gutts - without them.

Also, I don't think Gutts was actually raped twice. There was Donovan when he was a kid, and then Caska during the Eclipse. Then there have been a few attempted demon-rapes (like this one) which are usually cut off just in time (literally!) by Gutts.