Berserk Game

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

That would be awesome psi. I never even thought of that. If we can that would be awesome to do.
Jon Karlos
imanewbie

Post by Jon Karlos »

psi29a wrote:I personally would love to see the movies, but more importantly is that if you can make it through the entire game and capture it, I think we might be able to sub-it and make this EG's first sub-attempt. I don't know if this is possible, but I wouldn't mind helping to host the files or try to make a torrent for them. *pokes Evandius*

Hmm, well...I just beat Devil May Cry 3, that was a pain in the ass hack n' slasher...I assume Berserk wont have many problems, at least enough to draw my attention away from it, im too devoted to the series! but yah i hope theres unlockable cinematics, that way recording them will be a cinch...

I intend on capturing all the fmv's...Boss fights, such as the giant ogre in vol.25...although i hope you get to see the appearance of the Kelpie, i liked Miura's design of it..If i record gameplay scenes, I'll be pretty particular and attempt to be untouchable, or make it seem as though Guts can take that shit heheh! theres also the option of recording in different formats; such as DVD, mpeg-2, or even mpeg-4 so it can possibly be displayed on a PSP!...although time will only tell how they turn out....
If your always worried about crushing the ants beneath you; you won't be able to walk.
-Guts
Jon Karlos
imanewbie

Post by Jon Karlos »

Eldo wrote:No double posting. Please use the edit button.
If your always worried about crushing the ants beneath you; you won't be able to walk.
-Guts
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

*Points at double post* :twisted:

You should watch those.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

dude for double post you should get shocked through your keyboard... .......... eerr yeah

Anyway any news as to if this is coming state side?
"Context is for Kings"
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

This would be a great side project for eg.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Grahf wrote:Anyway any news as to if this is coming state side?
It's not coming here dammit! Period.

As for Jon Karlos, it's cool that you are trying to give something to the community. Yes, if I remember correctly, all the FMV are unlocked once you finish the game. The game is like 8 hours if I'm not mistaken, so I think it's a good idea to just capture the FMV's for now.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

The money potential for that is up there. Then again true fan does it for free right? XD
"Context is for Kings"
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

We wouldnt sell out like that and charge people.....would we?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

I would hope not.
Jon Karlos
imanewbie

Post by Jon Karlos »

Thats good news about the unlockable FMV's (the same thing was in "Sword of the Berserk")....Theres one thing i really like about this version of Berserk...Guts actually screams, expressing his rage and power while fiercely swinging the dragonslayer! Also the levels look more spaced out, so im wondering if the sword collision against walls isn't a problem anymore (Maybe the sword just clips through them now)....Oh yah, and i shall watch out for double posts...I was probably really baked or something heheh
-Guts
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

Off the top of my head, I don't remember encountering any collision problems (at least not the annoying wall problems of the first game). You'll see sparks and stuff, but his sword will keep slashing and hacking without bouncing off anything and leaving you vulnerable like before. Heh, I have a friend who told me the dragonslayer is like a separate character, it's so massive and bad-ass.
Jon Karlos
imanewbie

Post by Jon Karlos »

Wandering_Mystic wrote:Off the top of my head, I don't remember encountering any collision problems (at least not the annoying wall problems of the first game). You'll see sparks and stuff, but his sword will keep slashing and hacking without bouncing off anything and leaving you vulnerable like before. Heh, I have a friend who told me the dragonslayer is like a separate character, it's so massive and bad-ass.

Thats good to know...Yeah, i totally agree with your friend about the Dragonslayer...In the DC version, his sword would only grind along walls if he's in rage mode. Although it seems that no wall or obstacle in the game is gonna stop Guts from slaughtering whatevers in his way, heheh

Well, the game arrives today apparently; I just hope UPS don't let me down...I just might go Berserk on their sorry asses :twisted:
-Guts
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

17 fps...

:kekeke:
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

Is there a version in Japanese with English Subtitles, or at least is it an option in the original Japanese version because I don mind importing the game its just that I can't speak japanese fluently. I used to think subtitles were standard in all games but my friend got a japanese Inuyasha game and it didn't come with english subtitles. Kinda random question but just wondering...
:wink:
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Femto wrote:17 fps...

:kekeke:
Is that the best that emulator can do right now?? All I have to say is ouch.
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

it came a really long way.. it couldnt run on my slower computer before this version but now i can get up to difficulty selection screen... maybe with a dual processor this can speed up
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

I don't think it's an cpu problem, it's all about the emulation status.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

anyone try Berserk on the DC emu??? i wonder how that runs...
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

halfnhalf wrote:anyone try Berserk on the DC emu??? i wonder how that runs...
I have no idea, but the game is cheap as all hell, just buy it.
Necromancer
Dirty Sennin

Post by Necromancer »

halfnhalf wrote:anyone try Berserk on the DC emu??? i wonder how that runs...
There are a few sound problems but it works pretty good.
I got the DC Emu a year ago only to play Berserk finally.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

evilester_me wrote:Is there a version in Japanese with English Subtitles, or at least is it an option in the original Japanese version because I don mind importing the game its just that I can't speak japanese fluently. I used to think subtitles were standard in all games but my friend got a japanese Inuyasha game and it didn't come with english subtitles. Kinda random question but just wondering...
Afraid not. The game is a Japanese only title, and it would be silly for them to sub-title it when it's already in their native language. If you've read the manga, you'll know what's going on though, so I wouldn't worry about the dialogue to much, and just enjoy the game, because it's awesome.
Jon Karlos
imanewbie

Post by Jon Karlos »

It's been about a month since i picked up the game...But, I now have ALL cinemas recorded seperatley in dvd quality... :) Looks very nice, and runs smooth...I'm assuming better than 17fps haha, runs like how it does on the PS2....
If I can learn how to post these files, that would be cool...there's a friggin' load of them. Also for fun, i've been playing with the cinemas in a movie editing program...And on my own spare time, i observed that many of the cinemas look and are drawn very similar to scenes right from the manga...I placed subtitles
(without knowing a single hint of japanese) in the scenes from the cinemas that also resemble scenes from the manga; and just chose the best suited dialouge...I'm actually quite impressed, and it can always be edited and improved later if i find the correct translations...Although some are not from the manga, so I left them alone...Which is sad

In closing, i can put the english subtitles into the games recorded cinemas no prob! This game just rocks!!
-Guts
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, that's pretty cool sounding. I wouldn't mind seeing that. You'd have to upload the scenes to a server of some kind though, so I don't know what to tell you.