New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

tiberius9876
imanewbie

Re: New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Post by tiberius9876 »

hello all, as the newest member I felt I should say a few words on this auspicious occasion. Berserk is by far my favorite manga. My love affair with it began earlier this spring when my room mate bought the anime dvd set. But once I had watched the entire show I was slowly being driven crazy by the ending. I absolutely HAD to know what happened next. Therefore I soon became a huge of the wonderful manga. I've found evil genius very helpful for getting me Berserk fix. I tip my hat to you wonderful people who make this possible (and best of all, free!). 8)
"Disneyland. Fuck, man, this is better than Disneyland." -Apocalypse Now
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Welcome aboard. :smoken:
Ligthingtooth
imanewbie

Post by Ligthingtooth »

My name is Ligthingtooth. I am sorta new here. you see I have been inactive from whiting my self but have been reading a lot of the topics here.
I am from Norway and thanks to you I can get to read the berserk manga a last. I love this page and you rock! :worship: but i was woundering where I can find dose rules the links in the first post are not working, I dont want to go something wrong and get kicked out so if you can give me the links I`ll be really happy :D
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

I updated the links so that they work, thanks for the heads up.

Sorry starnum, had to edit your posts. :P
Ligthingtooth
imanewbie

Post by Ligthingtooth »

Thank you, I have just finished reading all the rules and eksamples. I see that as a Noob I can be glad I have allready got down all the chapters :P thanks for the help, and keep it up :lol:
none yet:-P
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

Not sure if this is the right place, but I found this mid on skullknight and I love it. Does anyone happen to know where it's from?

http://www.skullknight.net/idea/Griffith.mid
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Oh, it's from the lost chapter page on Skullknight.net. All I know is that it's not a song from a Berserk game or anime soundtrack, so either it's made by a fan or it's a rare song that was never released or maybe it's a song that is completely unrelated to Berserk. I have no idea who made that, but I like it as well.

Edit: I looked around with google for another Griffith.mid or other format song file, but no luck. I think it would be a lot easier to just ask the people at skullknight.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Buuhan1
Mastered PM

Post by Buuhan1 »

War Machine wrote:Oh, it's from the lost chapter page on Skullknight.net. All I know is that it's not a song from a Berserk game or anime soundtrack, so either it's made by a fan or it's a rare song that was never released or maybe it's a song that is completely unrelated to Berserk. I have no idea who made that, but I like it as well.

Edit: I looked around with google for another Griffith.mid or other format song file, but no luck. I think it would be a lot easier to just ask the people at skullknight.
Yeah, I agree. As I searched before posting here too. My guess after not finding anything that way was it was another unrelated song that simply got renamed for that page. It's a midi file so I think it may be from a older game or a handheld game, or they could have also just converted it into a midi so it wouldn't be large on their server too.

How would I go about contacting Skull Knight? I signed up for their forum like a week or two before joining here and I never got activated, so I can't very well ask on their forums.

EDIT: Answer found: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=7017.0

Dammit...
I think Guts is a pretty cool guy, eh kills shit an doesn't afraid of anything.
Orioz
imanewbie

Post by Orioz »

My name is Orioz (not irl, duh) and I'm from Sweden. I didn't see this thread at first, but better late than never. ;)
I've been reading some threads here a long time ago when there was only the forum, but now I decided to join beucase the forum I was active on earlier now sucks.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Welcome, Orioz, it's always good to have more new members.
Arcandus
notanewb

Post by Arcandus »

I read the faq, and it was really amazing, all the question I had(and the ones i didn't have, hehe) were answered.
But I still have some very stupid question(and I hope I should post here):the mangas are realised bi-weekly, and It seems that the last Berserk manga was realiased August 2nd(probabily earlier in Japan), so what gives 2 mangas after the 288. I read that sometimes the translator is on hollyday, and sometimes it takes more time for the mangas to be realised. Anyway what I want to know is when should the next manga be realised? And what's the chapter that they have in Japan?

Please, dont take it the wrong way, I'm not complaning or wanting to make you hurry, I clearly understand that the translator is a humanbeing, and have to do other things, it's just to know the realise date or when it should be. x)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well, even though we specifically say not to ask when releases are coming out, I'll answer your question anyway...sort of. The date for the next chapter is given at the end of each chapter. So, go look there. ;)

We're current, the last chapter we released was the last chapter that was released in Japan. This is the norm, we generally release the chapter just a day or two after it comes out in Japan. Also, the author likes to take his sweet ass time, so we're waiting on him to release the next chapter. It has nothing to do with us, or our translator. The manga is SUPPOSED to be released bi-weekly, but it's pretty common for the AUTHOR to take breaks, whether they be work related or not *shrugs*. We tend to consider ourselves lucky to get a new chapter every two weeks, because that's usually not the case, unfortunately. Anyway, feel free to go ask Miura what the hold up is if you're curious. :P
Arcandus
notanewb

Post by Arcandus »

Starnum wrote:Well, even though we specifically say not to ask when releases are coming out, I'll answer your question anyway...sort of. The date for the next chapter is given at the end of each chapter. So, go look there. ;)

We're current, the last chapter we released was the last chapter that was released in Japan. This is the norm, we generally release the chapter just a day or two after it comes out in Japan. Also, the author likes to take his sweet ass time, so we're waiting on him to release the next chapter. It has nothing to do with us, or our translator. The manga is SUPPOSED to be released bi-weekly, but it's pretty common for the AUTHOR to take breaks, whether they be work related or not *shrugs*. We tend to consider ourselves lucky to get a new chapter every two weeks, because that's usually not the case, unfortunately. Anyway, feel free to go ask Miura what the hold up is if you're curious. :P
Thank you. I won't ask him coz he will kick(edited here, it was kill i dunno why) my ass, and even if I had courage to do so, I can't speak japonese... x(

And I dont know how I didnt see that note saying it would be realised 14th september, anyway thank you again.
Last edited by Arcandus on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hey, no problem. You live, you learn. ;)
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Starnum wrote:Hey, no problem. You live, you learn. ;)
And then you buy Luvs...

## edit## do not post after you've been drinking
Soiherduliekmudkip
imanewbie

Post by Soiherduliekmudkip »

Question to EG

O.K. There isn't an end in sight to Berserk. Guin Saga, one of Miura's self-professed primary influences, is a 100+ volume series. So, can i expect EG to keep translating Berserk, 289+, to its end?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Soiherduliekmudkip wrote:Question to EG

O.K. There isn't an end in sight to Berserk. Guin Saga, one of Miura's self-professed primary influences, is a 100+ volume series. So, can i expect EG to keep translating Berserk, 289+, to its end?
That's the plan.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

psi29a wrote:
Soiherduliekmudkip wrote:Question to EG

That's the plan.
And all of us shameless leachers hope desperately that nothing happens to upset the plan.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

This my first post, I am just the latest to come across series. Just as most americans, my first taste of this epic was the anime. A set was lent to me by my GF's little brother, so remembher thinking that this movie probably was for Kids. Looking at the cover I had my doubts regarding a guy carrying that huge sword, and thinking how would it be possible for the fighting to look less than silly.

I had heard of an anime where a swordfighter refused to kill people, only won fights by KO's with the flat of the sword. Was relieved when he was referring to one another anime featuring some other anime where androgenous Samurai were involved in fighting evil....but not killin them

Suffice to by the end of episode 1, all my questions were put to waste. I found myself going through all 25 episodes in one weekends time. When I found about the Manga (and its continuation), I went out bought all DH translations from 1-18 in one package. All top quality, unfrtunately there is like 2-3 mo. wait time between volumes.(:

If there was ever an incentive to buy the Manga, the cliffhanger/mind-blowing ending of the anime forced that hand (no pun intended). Brilliant marketing move by miura......that basatard!

My only gripe is How/Why do these Vol releases take so long? It appears new releases come 2-3mo' or somewhere between.... :(

IMO 2-3mo's is WAY too slow, which will eventually hurt the fanbase over, unwilling to wait around for months just to read through an hour or two worth of story. Although I plan stick around....where I will continue to write my own Bereserk with my life.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

We dont' deal with volumes here, but with the YA releases of chapters (episodic) which typically is bi-weekly. Miura is known to take breaks though, who can blame him... he has been working on Berserk since 1989, it is a wonder he hasn't burned out. We love him for his dedication to such a great series.
citanuzuki666
notanewb

Post by citanuzuki666 »

I was just wondering how I could tell evil genius if I knew something beneficial to the website?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

citanuzuki666 wrote:I was just wondering how I could tell evil genius if I knew something beneficial to the website?
PM... or the suggestion thread in the 'news' area.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Ahoy there!

After skimming through the website and forums for a few month I finally registered here. Can't wait to discuss Berserk in between the lengthy times that Miura takes to draw new chapters...

Anyway, I already had the honor of psi29a commenting on a very lengthy Judeo blogpost I once made (http://webex.blogsome.com/2007/05/24/he ... nal-jesus/ yeah shameless plug wtf :D), and just wanted to say hello to the audience here.

Well and if you spot grammar or spelling errors in some of my posts, I'm happy to be educated because english is only my second language for I hail from austria (the one in europe not the one near New Zealand :D).

Regards,
Aetherfukz

And before anyone asks, no that name has nothing to do with mating, it's just a bastardization of the german word for fox, "fuchs".
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Haha, no worries... we already have our derkaiserfucks , mr articfox himself from dp and bakaupdates. Lots of people from all over the world and no one really picks on English, just seems to be what we all have in common aside from Berserk. ;) haha

welcome aboard. 8)
Arcandus
notanewb

Post by Arcandus »

Aetherfukz wrote:Ahoy there!

Well and if you spot grammar or spelling errors in some of my posts, I'm happy to be educated because english is only my second language for I hail from austria (the one in europe not the one near New Zealand :D).
Same works for me. But english is not my second language, and I am not from Europe hehe.