The E3 2006 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

halfnhalf wrote:Try to take it with sarcasm.
One of those things that translates horribly over the internet.
Damien wrote:blah blah blah, blah blah blah....
Thanks for proving my point. Good job defending your systems of choice. Now actually answer my question. What, presented at E3, did Sony give us that we did not know was coming, or was only a small rumor at best?
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

Maybe this will come as news to a lot of you as I didn't see it mentioned before, but Smash Bros Brawl will NOT use the Wii remote! You can play with the 'cube controller (or probably the retro controller as well). Apparently the director of the game (who made the last two games) insisted on it. So no worries about a dramatic change in the control dynamic we've all come to love!
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

the PS3 is a no brainer for most because those of us with HDTVs want the bluray drive. I don't really care about the price, watch the prices of blueray player stand alone dvd players when they come out, and WIIIIIIII's graphics look like xbox1, it doesn't even do friggen HD for gods sake. I am betting it will have just about the same amount or less games then the GC did.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Wandering_Mystic wrote:Maybe this will come as news to a lot of you as I didn't see it mentioned before, but Smash Bros Brawl will NOT use the Wii remote! You can play with the 'cube controller (or probably the retro controller as well). Apparently the director of the game (who made the last two games) insisted on it. So no worries about a dramatic change in the control dynamic we've all come to love!
I wasn't worried in the first place since there is a controller attachment for the standard Wii controller. What is it with you people and fearing change so much? Did you have similar reactions when the first controller came out with an analog stick (N64)?
Damien wrote:the PS3 is a no brainer for most because those of us with HDTVs want the bluray drive.
That makes zero sense. Do you know anything about the current format war? Allow me to educate you. The DVD Forum, the folks who brought you DVD, developed HD-DVD as the next gen DVD format, for high definition. Then out comes Blu-Ray to compete basically for the hell of it, that and Sony loves proprietary formats. Remember Betamax vs. VHS? It's the same damn thing, except this time it's a disc format. If you're talking high res, you're talking either format.
Damien wrote:I don't really care about the price, watch the prices of blueray player stand alone dvd players when they come out
Then why mention it? Blu-Ray drives come out on the 26th, don't they? Oh, right. They got pushed back. Forgot about that. Guess you can't win the first to market match.
Damien wrote:Wii's graphics look like xbox1, it doesn't even do friggen HD for gods sake. I am betting it will have just about the same amount or less games then the GC did.
I fixed your typo, your I key got stuck. It happens. What screenshots have you been looking at? They look fine. Oh and NEWSFLASH: graphics don't make a system! You're either blind or just so blinded by your fanboyism (which I am definately now accusing you of) that you can't see them. Who cares if it has "the same amount or less games th[a]n the GC did"? What amount of those games are going to be good?

Please, think rationally before you just jump off because someone was critical of your beliefs. Back yourself up if you're going to do that.

EDIT: Typo.
EDIT 2: Typo.
Last edited by Daedelus on Thu May 11, 2006 6:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Damien wrote:the PS3 is a no brainer for most because those of us with HDTVs want the bluray drive. I don't really care about the price, watch the prices of blueray player stand alone dvd players when they come out, and WIIIIIIII's graphics look like xbox1, it doesn't even do friggen HD for gods sake. I am betting it will have just about the same amount or less games then the GC did.
Good luck getting stuck with a dead format if Blu-Ray fails, and there's a good chance it will if Sony's other proprietary formats are any indication.

"OMFG graphicz!"

Shut up.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I posted something else before this.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

http://samuspwnsps3.ytmnd.com/

I was positively suprised @ teh musix, while a bit plain, it is better than most of the crap Uematsu produces today.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

That was the lamest link evar.

Okay like 99% of you probally don't even own a HDTV so I am just gonna stop wasting my breathe.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Damien wrote:Look at me, I own an HDTV!
Shut the fuck up.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Damien wrote:Okay like 99% of you probally don't even own a HDTV so I am just gonna stop wasting my breathe.
Fantastic comeback. 42" Toshiba HDTV sitting in my living room. WHO CARES?!

Indulge me. Argue. DEFEND YOURSELF WITH SOME FACT-BASED LOGIC.

Wait, you can't. All you can do is sit there and whine like some ticked-off 14 year old (appologies to any mature 14 year olds in the audience) and not back your crap up.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Definitely picking up a Wii and a PS3.

Just saw some gameplay footage of God of War 2....the game looks better than alot of 360 games.

I was expecting Tekken 6 character models to look better than VF5 character models. Now that VF5 is PS3 exclusive...all the more reason for me to plop down some cash for it.

Heavenly Sword and Assassin's Creed will be a must have for me.

I know I've pounded this to the ground...but the character designs for the new Final Fantasy games are so FUCKING BORING. I wonder if SE knows that there are other artist out there in this world that can draw things other than Tifa 7 different times. You know...maybe he could give the bad guy blonde hair for once and the good guy black hair.

Just saw pictures of SNKPUSA's "booth"....they just need to quit. 2 TVs playing KOF 2006...and a couch. Maybe they'll surprise with an original game that doesn't use any of it's characters from other games and isn't a fighting game.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I'm getting a PS3 and a Wii, and that's the bottom line.

I just saw some new info on Super Smash Brother Brawl and it looks pretty damn cool. 5 new characters, including Wario, Metaknight (from Kirby), Pit (from Kid Icarus), Zero Suit Samus, and :

Snake? Snake! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

The link I posted from IGN has the whole video that's from if you want to see it in it's entirety
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:Image

After this E3, I can safely say that I'll be buying a Wii within the first few months of release.

I can wait for a price drop on the PS3.

Microsoft has yet to win me over.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Libaax wrote:You mean any info at all? Cause i have seen some pics and read something about. I can go and dig it up.
I didn´t found anything, mostly because i have little time to search everything about E3 these last few days, could you link me?

Femto wrote: Image

After this E3, I can safely say that I'll be buying a Wii within the first few months of release.

Snake?

I couldn´t care less about him but i´ll definatly get that game though, Wii for the win, i´ll pass on the PS3 just like the PS2.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Deathbringer wrote:I didn´t found anything, mostly because i have little time to search everything about E3 these last few days, could you link me?
IGN's coverage of RE5.
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Daedelus wrote:
Wandering_Mystic wrote:Maybe this will come as news to a lot of you as I didn't see it mentioned before, but Smash Bros Brawl will NOT use the Wii remote! You can play with the 'cube controller (or probably the retro controller as well). Apparently the director of the game (who made the last two games) insisted on it. So no worries about a dramatic change in the control dynamic we've all come to love!
I wasn't worried in the first place since there is a controller attachment for the standard Wii controller. What is it with you people and fearing change so much? Did you have similar reactions when the first controller came out with an analog stick (N64)?
slow down there tiger. I absolutely love the potential of the Wii remote, and can't wait to get my filthy hands on it. I only stated the above because many Smash Bros fans (myself obviously included) believe that part of what makes Smash Bros so great is the whole control setup, something which would have to be left behind and completely redone if switching over to Wii-mote controls. Obviously the director felt the same way. He has stated that he and his team tried different configurations and ideas using the remote, but concluded that for the kind of game that SSB is, using the remote would get too distracting and the controls would become too cluttered. DBZ Budokai 2, however is another game I am keeping my eye on, because that does use the remote functionality, and it looks like it's coming along well. Since I never played the other DBZ fighters, a radical change in control function doesn't upset me at all, and it may end up being an improvement over the original game (which I hear is solid, but not excellent like SSBM). I really shouldn't have had to explain all that though...
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Daedelus wrote:
Deathbringer wrote:I didn´t found anything, mostly because i have little time to search everything about E3 these last few days, could you link me?
IGN's coverage of RE5.

Why, you have my thanks good sir.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Wandering_Mystic wrote:I really shouldn't have had to explain all that though...

Yeah, you should have. What you said certainly looks like bashing on the Wii controller. You have to admit that it could very easily have been taken as such.
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Daedelus wrote:
Wandering_Mystic wrote:I really shouldn't have had to explain all that though...

Yeah, you should have. What you said certainly looks like bashing on the Wii controller. You have to admit that it could very easily have been taken as such.
I was pretty sure my post sounded more like something from a classic SSB fan than a Wii basher, but whatever. Heh, now that I think about it, it was probably more the proximity of my post to Damien's PS3 rave that gave that impression more than any of my own words :wink:
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femto wrote: Image

I love you with Daedalus' trademark boy parts.

If they replace the nondescript flatulent "wraugh" characters emit as they're K.O.'d with "Snaaaaaake" when Snake is beat down, I will love Nintendo forever. I will love them like I love Femto and Buz combined.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

S.U.N., Project Wiki, and Huxley pics up at IGN.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Damien wrote:That was the lamest link evar.

Okay like 99% of you probally don't even own a HDTV so I am just gonna stop wasting my breathe.
Even I have an HDTV. :P

Wii will be the first next/current gen system that I buy. I'll have to wait for Sony's price to drop and then get an Xbox 360 like 2 years down the road.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

DarkenRahlX wrote:S.U.N., Project Wiki, and Huxley pics up at IGN.

you webzen whore. :thumb:

Though Huxley does sound promising, we havent seen any true actual MMO gameplay, but im waiting on it.

/edit, i dont have hdtv... boo anyone help in the fundraiser for me to get an hdtv?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Daedelus wrote:Yeah, you should have. What you said certainly looks like bashing on the Wii controller. You have to admit that it could very easily have been taken as such.
Chill the fuck out.

I didn't misconstrue his post as Nintendo bashing and I'm glad HAL didn't feel forced to use the Wii controller's newer features to make their game.

It's like Ayanami and Tempest used to say with the DS, the stuff is there, but they should be used sporadically and on a game to game basis.

EDIT: If Nintendo adds Sonic to SSBB as it was rumored, I will officially crap my pants.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

halfnhalf wrote:/edit, i dont have hdtv... boo anyone help in the fundraiser for me to get an hdtv?
I will donate 10 dollars to your cause.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

i am still waiting for fallout 3 to get released.
still in pre-production.