Final Fantasy Advent Children

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

In FFVII, the only character still in their teens is Yuffie, who's 16. The rest range from 20 (Tifa) to 45 (Red XIII).

FFVIII, it ranges from a minimum of 17 (Irvine, Squall, Rinoa, Zell, Selphie) to 27 (Laguna). So in 8, they're definately more in the teenager range.

Final Fantasy IX...Different story I'm sure. I don't even want to know how old the characters are in that game...
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, in VIII, they were students at SEED. Quistis was the oldest of that group.

Tifa is teh hawt!11!

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I think Rinoa was only 16
Eldo wrote:Tifa is teh hawt!11!
quoted for truth! :kekeke:
The Fallen
notanewb

Post by The Fallen »

Im not a FF7 fan, but Advent Children was pretty good, better than the game at least. For one the graphics were quacktastic of course. The Fight sequences were good if not a little Bujingai-esque, I liked how they brought back all the original party members if not for a little while. The story played out exactly as i expected so that the cloud and sephiroth fans alike would be happy. In the end i would call it entertaining and worth a view. But dont expect anything too original or groundbreaking. Of course they did line it up for a sequel, Square Enix isnt done riding the FF7 money train yet.
Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Envy, Pride, Lust, and Wrath :To you they are the 7 deadly sins, to me they are the very reason of my existence...
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Advent Children kicked ass oh and Last order was good too
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Well 8 sucked and Edea was the hot(wasn't she like 50?). And red13 is only around 16 too just 46 or whatever in his animal years. Vincent is the oldest you get since he is around hojo's age, something like late 50's early 60's.
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

best movie ever, i didnt even play final fantasy 7 and i loved it and now im looking for ff7 rom to play the game. terrific movie, i will buy the dvd definitely once it comes out. hell, might buy a few posters of it too
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

is there an ff7 rom out there?!?!?

I'm pushing the game now, although it is not full of surprises and suspence anymore, but it is still good.

it may only be me, but I see some similarities with the FF8 story...
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I d/l FF7 PC game 2 weeks ago with a torrent. It took a couple of days. THe graphics are a bit shitty, but what can you expect with an 8 year old game.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Actually, I prefer to play the PS version using ePSXe (PS emulator) because you can config and enhance the graphics as well as the frame rate (I played it at 4x the usual speed). I own the original PC version, and I have to say that it's pretty shit, it's slow and the graphics are sooo bad. It runs on directX 5 or something, so go figure.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Eldo wrote:ePSXe
Quoted for pWnage, although I prefer playing games on their original consoles- sadly I do not own a PSX memory card.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

The only point that I prefer to play with emulation is the multiple speed to the original - I like to finish my games fast and sweet, to path my way for even more games, bwahahah. I don't really listen to sound because I'm not a big about it.

dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

wow, i dont even play much final fantasy but sound is one of the best features all of them offers
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Eldo wrote:Actually, I prefer to play the PS version using ePSXe (PS emulator) because you can config and enhance the graphics as well as the frame rate (I played it at 4x the usual speed). I own the original PC version, and I have to say that it's pretty shit, it's slow and the graphics are sooo bad. It runs on directX 5 or something, so go figure.
I installed a patch which makes the graphics look smoother and faster.
But lots of bugs in the game. I get a crash at the same point during a movie and can't continue the game :(
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Devil_Dante wrote:
Eldo wrote:Actually, I prefer to play the PS version using ePSXe (PS emulator) because you can config and enhance the graphics as well as the frame rate (I played it at 4x the usual speed). I own the original PC version, and I have to say that it's pretty shit, it's slow and the graphics are sooo bad. It runs on directX 5 or something, so go figure.
I installed a patch which makes the graphics look smoother and faster.
But lots of bugs in the game. I get a crash at the same point during a movie and can't continue the game :(
Since you're most likely running on Windows XP .... theres a patch that should allow you to play FFVII. The PC version was meant to work with windows 95 and 98 ..... and i guess for some reason the whole NTFS thing screws with the game.

Game Patch:
http://www.download.com/Final-Fantasy-V ... 22632.html

Chocobo Patch:
http://files.vgpro.com/file/3245

Yea, when you get to the chocobo races (there's one mandatory race) the game may crash so that should fix it. One more thing, the game may decide to crash on you anyways, despite installing these patches. So i suggest you save often just in case. If i'm not mistaken, the game only crashes on the world map, so that shouldn't be a big problem since you can save anywhere on the world map.

Don't want to deal with that, then by all means use an emulator. There are no "Roms" for playstation games. You just use either a PS disc or iso file of a disc with an emulator. Also you're gonna have to tweak your emulator's settings to work well with your computer. That can take a while sometimes.

EDIT: Whoops, i originally quoted the wrong person.
Last edited by BasouKazuma on Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
evilester_me
This is my new home

Post by evilester_me »

Skullkracker wrote:
Nope, me too. The only thing is that I liked FF8 because I finished that game first, so the ending didnt seem the same as FF7 at the time. This is because once you figure out the battle system in FF8, it eliminates the need to level up, saving my precious time. And I really REALLY hate leveling up, so I still liked FF8 a lot, and honestly thought Squall was a better character than Cloud; but the story of FF8 was nothing compared to FF7. (plus FF7 has Sephiroth...can't overlook that.)
:wink:
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Thx Basoukazama, but I allready had this info. But the problem is solved. I replaced the broken video fragment with another by giving it the same name. lol
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

evilester_me wrote:
Skullkracker wrote:
Nope, me too. The only thing is that I liked FF8 because I finished that game first, so the ending didnt seem the same as FF7 at the time. This is because once you figure out the battle system in FF8, it eliminates the need to level up, saving my precious time. And I really REALLY hate leveling up, so I still liked FF8 a lot, and honestly thought Squall was a better character than Cloud; but the story of FF8 was nothing compared to FF7. (plus FF7 has Sephiroth...can't overlook that.)
Yep...oh, this is quite an old discussion, but alas, I'm still playing FF7...it won't take long now...
so, I don't know about the ending

but one thing is for sure, no FF8 character can match Vincent Valantine
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Hellz yeah. Dumb red muppets win!
Seriously though, Vincent has no lines, and he is in no FMVs. What is there to like about him?[/troll]
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

LordMune wrote:[/troll]
You said it, sweetheart.

:kekeke:

[/asshole]

Is it true that they are lipsynching the characters to the english dialogue for the US release?

It'll be kinda backwards to watch the subbed version if they do, especially if the dub sucks ass and is unwatchable.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

LordMune wrote:Hellz yeah. Dumb red muppets win!
Seriously though, Vincent has no lines, and he is in no FMVs. What is there to like about him?[/troll]
...his tragic story...
Rosiel
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Rosiel »

Skullkracker wrote:
LordMune wrote:Hellz yeah. Dumb red muppets win!
...his tragic story...
Word Vincent lost so much. First the woman that he loved then his own arm to Hojo. True Vincent was quiet but thats how he is! He was my fav good guy IMO, but nothing tops President Rufus Shinra, hes boss!
Under Construction!
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Rosiel wrote:Word Vincent lost so much. First the woman that he loved then his own arm to Hojo.
Is it just my imagination, or the way you put this is like a Guts-Griffith parallel? :P
Rosiel
Beware my tactical spam

Post by Rosiel »

Skullkracker wrote:
Rosiel wrote:Word Vincent lost so much. First the woman that he loved then his own arm to Hojo.
Is it just my imagination, or the way you put this is like a Guts-Griffith parallel? :P
Never thought of it like that. It is like that, wow FF 7 had to borrow some elements from Beserk.
Under Construction!
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I usually hear about similarities between Guts-Griffith's and Cloud-Sephorith's relationships.

But, that really doesnt mean anything. Those type of relationships arent really rare in games and film.