Movies of 2007

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

MrFelony wrote:dude i fucking loved it when she stabbed the guy. stop hating :P. who doesn't love a weasly son of a bitch get his come uppin's
I didn't like it. He didn't do anything wrong to her, she gave it up to him. I just sat in the chair like "that was stupid her slash didn't have guts flying everywhere. Oh wait they were talking....RAWR ME WANT ACTION".
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I was glad she stabbed the bastard, but I sure didn't clap. Speaking of which, everyone clapped at the end of Grindhouse (when you see the ending you'll see why). Not only was I displeased with the ending, but I was thinking, "Uh, R.R. and Tarantino can't hear you..."

From what I understand, the scenes with the queen aren't in the graphic novel, and I really did feel that everytime they cut away to that side stuff, that it kind of broke the movie's momentum. Anyway, even though she gave it to him, she didn't want to, and she only did it for her husband and country. Then even after she let him defile her, he betrayed her. He fucking deserved what he got in my books.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Starnum wrote:
Anyway, even though she gave it to him, she didn't want to, and she only did it for her husband and country. Then even after she let him defile her, he betrayed her. He fucking deserved what he got in my books.
You're books are wrong, she tried to manipulate him. You all just don't see between the lines.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I hate people that clap at the end of movies too. I avoid midnight shows for that reason.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Gaiseric wrote:I hate people that clap at the end of movies too. I avoid midnight shows for that reason.
I sat next to black people that was worst.

it went something like this: Leonidas as kid punches kid "YA dat shit true".
Fight scene "You see dat son! Nigga blasting through niggas"
Queen gives it up to the guy "Forget that bitch. She cheated on ya nig"
Leonidas misses the Xeres "This movie is fucking gay. Didn't even kill the gay nigga".

So my two friends and my black ass have to listen to that shit the whole movie.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Malvado wrote:You're books are wrong, she tried to manipulate him. You all just don't see between the lines.
Right, wrong? *shrugs* Just my opinion. Heh, I didn't really hear too much talking when I seen it, so that was good.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Holy shit. I just got back from seeing Grindhouse. Fucking amazing. The fake trailers were genius. I actually liked Rodriguez's movie better than Tarantino's, like Starnum. But Death Proof actually had me scared, it was really intense at times. Any movie that can shock me is worth seeing.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

Malvado wrote:I sat next to black people that was worst.
I love going to movies with black people, though it has to be the kind you wanna talk in, not just some random ass movie or one you really just wanna watch. though some guy got into a tiff with some black girls behind me who were constantly talking during 300.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Hm, for 300, I sat next to this huge black guy who skipped class. Judging from his white friend and the sound of their voices, I think he might be 15 or something. His arm took the entire armrest, he was that huge, and it did make me rather uncomfortable as I had to squish in on one side. My friends refused to sit next to him, I didn't have a problem with it though. I think it's because he looked like a hoodlum, but man, I don't judge. They did talk during the movie, mostly commenting on the monsters and what not, but I think we were all well mannered in the movie. Except for fucking applauses. I think it's just you Americans and your prickish behaviour.

While I did find 300 a bit enjoyable and entertaining, I can't give it top marks for it.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, I've finally watched 300, too.

And, well.... I didn't care for any of the talking, except a few one-liners it was useless babble.

But still, the movie was too bloody short. I'm missing the Peter Jackson factor. All those fights could have gone on for about, uh.... 300 minutes?
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, I sat next to this big black guy during Grindhouse. Well, he was one sit down. He was stone faced like the entire movie. Everytime everyone would start laughing and shit, I'd glance over from time to time, and he'd still be mean muggin. *chuckles*

I don't really mind if people talk a little during a movie. I mean, as long as they don't talk too much or too loudly, then it's fine. I'm usually in a good mood at the theatre, I'm there to have fun, you know.

I agree with Brain though, I could definitely stand to watch 300 minutes of 300. I thought most of the dialogue in 300 was epic, especially the narration and the stuff said by the 300. You know, the dialogue between the Persian messenger and Stelios actually took place. According to a historian I saw on TV anyway. You know, it's the part where they're at the Hot Gates, and the messenger tries to use his whip on Stelios, who in return, leaps through the air at him and cuts off his arm. Then the messenger falls down and says the bit about how their arrows will blot out the sun. To which Stelios replies, "Then we shall fight in the shade." Heh, I just think it was pretty witty of a motherfucker to have actually have said that. Well, who can actually say what was said so long ago, but I guess that's just the way the tale has always been spun.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Just dropped in to state that 300 was great!

I could have handled more of it too, but it was OK the way it was.
The cuts and colors were awesome, the music was good, and I didn't give a damn about how (un)realistic it was (it was based on a goddamn comic book!!!), the fact remained, that the Persian army gave head to 300 Spartans. I could watch those fight scenes all day! :twisted:

And I haven't seen a single black guy in the whole cinema (except in the movie), but I kept commenting the movie to my friends...quietly of course :P

Anyway, how often does it snow in Greece?
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

I wonder if in some forum somewhere, some dude is talking about 300 and me like "I sat next to this black guy..." :P

Reminds of some Seinfeld ep, not sure which one.

Imagine sitting next to the dude in my av in this movie...for his standards 300 would be like a Jennifer Anniston/ J-ho/ Mandy Moore flick :lol:
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

watched Ghost rider

It's like most of them comic book adaptions, but I actually found it awesome, how he kicked the shit out the enemies, and how unstoppable he was when he changed. But the best things were the chopper, and the cowboy rider...with bulet holes in the jacket...and a likewise cool ride.

I know it was dissed by all those critics, I actually enjoyed it.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

I heard the Departed was good so I am going to check that out eventually.

I also want to see

Children of Men
Night at the Museum
Hot FUZZ
Spiderman 3: BECAUSE of VENOM.
Bridge TO Terabithia
28 Weeks later
TMNT
The Transformers!!

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

children of men was pretty good. i saw it a long time ago with my brother and his friend and we all thought it was definiteyl worth seeing.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Yeah it was an excellent flick, one of the best of last year. The photography and action scenes are out of this world occasionally.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

ya i loved the scene towards the end where everyone got silent...dont want to give away what happened though. just the whole part in that city was amazing
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Eldo wrote:Except for fucking applauses. I think it's just you Americans and your prickish behaviour.
lol, I've been to India and watched bollywood movies there. It's ten times worse and EVERYONE applauds there if a scene is cool and stuff.

As for 300, I liked it, but the 50 foot tall elephants and the Spartans claiming to be defenders of freedom was a little to over-the-top for me.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

HOT FUZZ is the best movie ever made!!!

Maybe not the best movie, but it was pretty damn good.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

DarkenRahlX wrote:HOT FUZZ is the best movie ever made!!!

Maybe not the best movie, but it was pretty damn good.

Hot Fuzz was the shit. AWESOME MOVIE!!!! the refernces were just genius!!!!! seriously a great movie.
Vicissitude
Professional Bastard

Post by Vicissitude »

Brainpiercing wrote:But still, the movie was too bloody short. I'm missing the Peter Jackson factor. All those fights could have gone on for about, uh.... 300 minutes?
Just be glad they padded it as much as they could. The original comic storyboard could have been over in 45 minutes.

I also agree that there was a lot of 'patriotic support' undertones in the movie. I don't like to think that hollywood is in league with the leaders of our country, but I've learned how to spot shit like that. I don't like it.

"England prevails..."
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I finally watched 300 and holy shit that movie rocked, I enjoyed every second of it. I especialy loved how they set up the end with the psych-out factor, betrayal (I hope you live forever... the words that would hurt that guy the most :twisted:), the dome of sheilds and of course the wife getting revenge... now that was a great movie.

The only thing I dont know about is if any of it is true. The rituals, the war it self or the people involed. if none of it is true it was still a great movie and if some or all of it is true it is an epic movie.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

300 was fucking terrible and whoever likes it is most likely a shallow motherfucker that doesn't know a thing about filmmaking.

Hey, here's Iron Man's armor in the movie:

Looks fantastic.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

You mean fan-plastic?