Berserk Stupid theories

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

is this thread useful?

Yes
51%
No
15%
You should die Dark for reviving this shit
34%

Total votes: 248

Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

The magical land across the sea, Elfheim, is blatantly Japan. Berserk enters the nihonjinron genre, and in the face of such clearly supported evidence Guts is forced to admit the superiority of this strange and handsome people.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The magical land across the sea, Elfheim, is blatantly Japan. Berserk enters the nihonjinron genre, and in the face of such clearly supported evidence Guts is forced to admit the superiority of this strange and handsome people.
Would the evidence that forces him to admit their superiority be the overwhelming power of their samurai? Actually, I expect the samurai to be forced to admit the superiority of Guts, and taking him as an example of western swordsmen, hundreds of them descend on Midland, seeking to "become stronger", and, incidently killing the occasional Apostle. This is how Griffith's army is destroyed, giving Guts his shot at killing Griffith.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

That would be interesting but the Samurai would probably be trying to kill Guts all the to regain there superiority status.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

They're planning to get around to that eventually, but after their initial humiliating defeats, they feel the need for some really harsh training, and what could better fit the bill then killing Apostles? So the samurai and Guts don't clash again until after the showdown between Guts and Griffith.
white_rose
imanewbie

Post by white_rose »

What if, in actuality, Miura is attempting to create a real-time effect with the way in which he releases his manga chapters. For example, several weeks to come out with the Guts party arriving at Elfhelm, Synchronous with the amount of travel time it would take in actuality to traverse the distance, a few weeks between Griffith stopping his fight with Emperor Ganishka and meeting again at the Emperor's Palace...

Besides, everyone knows that the island of Elfhelm won't be Japan, but will be... New York City!!! Guts will instead be forced to recognize the skill of the gangs from the West Side :pwned:
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Besides, everyone knows that the island of Elfhelm won't be Japan, but will be... New York City!!! Guts will instead be forced to recognize the skill of the gangs from the West Side
Only if their allowed to keep their guns (and assuming that neither Schierke nor Serpico can deflect bullets), because without those, the gangs have no skill, compared to Guts. Even with them it might be iffy.
travla
imanewbie

s

Post by travla »

you got it all wrong people. it's pretty clear by the way things are going that ishidoro will become stronger then guts,overpower him and take his place as lead character of berserk
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

...Shortly before Farnese in turn surpasses him? Leaving her as the main character?
wotjesus
imanewbie

Post by wotjesus »

At which point the plot diverts from the original goal of revenge on the God Hand, and centers on Farnese finding inanimate objects to have sex with.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

And Serpico offers her his wind sword as a replacement for Guts' Dragonslayer, after assuring her that "size doesn't matter".
Jon Maitreya
notanewb

Post by Jon Maitreya »

*Wonders if that is the point the title officially changes to BERSEKS...*
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

*Wonders if that is the point the title officially changes to BERSEKS...*
Nope, that happens after the elves, Schierke and Caska also get in on the act.
wotjesus
imanewbie

Post by wotjesus »

And who could forget the succubus-esque Apostle?
travla
imanewbie

Post by travla »

puck is going to stay behind on elfheim and open a dojo to teach black swordsman style bushido
Last edited by travla on Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Isidoro can also stay, as his first disciple. Honestly, who'd miss him if he stayed behind? Puck would be at least somewhat missed, but Isidoro?
white_rose
imanewbie

Post by white_rose »

Does anyone know what this new announcement is at the left-hand side of young-animal's berserk page?

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/

I can read the hiregana and katakana, but I'm still getting to the kanji... It seems to announce something about berserk anime in relation to a company called ANIMAX, and some kind of event relating the two taking place on april 26th... I would like to speculate that this has something to do with new berserk anime, or a interview with Kentarou Miura, but I won't let my expectations fall like that...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE

Well, scratch that idea... I visited the ANIMAX website, and it would seem that the hullabaloo centers on the fact that Berserk season one episodes are showing, or have been shown on that station. I don't know what all the fuss is about... Berserk has played on other anime channels and it hasn't been a massive announced event on young animal's page... they are giving it the same headline space that a doomsday meteor would get...
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

It is still highly unlikely that there will be a 2nd season, and the reasons are as follow:

1) It was never officially called season 1, it was just called Berserk and more importantly, the only people who put season anywhere near Berserk as an anime was the narutards and cartoon network fanbois.

2) It was stated by the director of Berserk anime that he would love to do a sequal (not a 2nd season) to Berserk but that Miura has refused.

3) The anime is purposefully constructed in a way make it enclosed from the rest of the Berserk story line. It would take a monumental undertaking on the likes of re-doing all of Berserk anime to include the missing plot elements necessary for a sequel to make sense or to even follow the manga story line.

Let us be realistic, the anime was pretty darn good on it's own. However, once you read the manga you know that any more anime, at least based on the manga would ruin what made the anime that good in the first place.

Not to say that it won't happen, but that I find it unlikely and would more disappointed than excited that a sequel would be made.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

You speak the truth psi but cant you let a guy dream :roll:
I am glad they made the anime the way it is because it started my obsesstion by giving me all you need to get interested and I am pretty sure thats how its started for a lot of others and that is probably exactly what Miura wanted to happen. We have all played right into his web :twisted: and now we are stuck pineing for each new release and buying every current volume translated in everyones respective languages :cool: .

On to my theory: Griffith readies for battle in the Kingdom of Midland he and his apostle army drive straight through. While the Emporer is in the castle hiding in fear of the wind. Griffith and Company break throught the castles defences and make there way to the throne room where the only hope for the Kushan sits and waits. As Griffith makes his way to him with his sword drawn he pauses, Griffith is feeling funny he cant move!! The Emperor Laughs as he transforms into his mist form to deliever the finshing blow as he does he explains that he implanted the princess with a STD that causes disableing effects with that he surrounds all of Griffiths forces and shocks the shitout of them...
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

If it indeed was Japan they reached, I hardly think Guts would have a hard time against some Samurai. Midland is more-less a European setting, I believe around France area. Once I saw two full suits or armor compared against each other. One was a Japanese Samurai, the other was a knight, I forget what nation/type, but the European suit of armor was well over one foot taller than its Japanese counterpart. Guts would boot them in the head. ^_^

Personally I think elfheim is where all the keebler elves live and make their delicious cookies. Once they arrive there, Guts would face his toughest opponent. Frosted Animal cookies. He would battle the urge to eat them, but end up gaining so much weight the Berserk armor would break off of him. :D
white_rose
imanewbie

Post by white_rose »

psi29a wrote:...the only people who put season anywhere near Berserk as an anime was the narutards and cartoon network fanbois...
It reads "Berserk - Season One" on my dutifully purchased Berserk DVD Complete Collection. Not to be rude but, please calm down. If being an officious prick is of such importance to you, please at least try to be more of an official figure and less of a prick.

Secondly, the whole reason that I would like to see a continuation of the Berserk anime made is that I very much want to see how Kentarou Miura would alter the world of the anime in comparison to that of the manga. Why, in your mind, is a continuation such an apocalyptic event? Does it have any bearing on the plot arc of the manga? No, none whatsoever. I seek the elements that I found beautiful in the anime, those that made me thirst for the world of the manga. It's variety, friend, not murder.

Again, I post my comments here, in the land of stupid theories as a token of loyalty and diplomacy toward your organization, as what your organization accomplishes is truly dear to my heart. Contrary to what you may believe, flaming noobs doesn't make your penis bigger, only your ego, which has an inverse relation to the scope of your intellect.
Last edited by white_rose on Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

white_rose wrote:It reads "Berserk - Season One" on my dutifully purchased Berserk DVD Complete Collection.
Actually, that's a good point. I'm pretty sure any TV show that's aired is broke into seasons, whether the first season is only a few episodes, or a full 26. Berserk is no exception, it was syndicated just like the rest. Of course, labeling something as season one, in no way indicates the possibility of further seasons. It's just a grouping of episodes, aired in a single season. Heh, wouldn't a second season of Berserk be grand though.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

white_rose wrote:It reads "Berserk - Season One" on my dutifully purchased Berserk DVD Complete Collection.
My War Cry doesn't have any season one on it, unless I'm blind. I have seen some of them have 'season one' on the first DVD though. As Starnum explained, the full 26 anime episodes is typically labeled as a 'season', but does not further indicate that a future season would be released. Based on logic alone, some vital elements in the manga were omitted from the anime, and a continuation of the anime story would seem to be impossible (if indeed based on the manga) without the inclusion of the manga points.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
white_rose
imanewbie

Post by white_rose »

Yes, and some of them have "Season One" on the full package as well. I was just clarifying, so please don't try to escalate this into a pissing war. I was originally trying to bring that information from the YA page to the attention of people here, but far too many people seem interested in mindless bickering.

Anyhow,

Yes, yes, theories away:

Guts leaves the world entirely and enters our dimension through walking in on void taking a void, and somehow regenerates his severed arm and mangled eye. Finding himself in modern day Europe, a world completely unfamiliar to Guts, he instantly finds companionship with a group of musicians from Germany

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xMzQwMAEkTE
Last edited by white_rose on Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, like Psi said, they'd have to redo the first season, and that would cost too much. I mean, I wouldn't mind if they just ignored that fact and did a second season based on the manga, but it wouldn't really be good form.
white_rose
imanewbie

Post by white_rose »

Has anybody considered that he would base the second season of the anime on the first season? That seems to make fair sense to me; why is that such a difficult concept to grasp, such is the case with many anime. Miura knows his storyline better than anyone, correct? Thus, he is the most qualified person to pull off such a feat.