Berserk Chapter: 283

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

ejcotelo
imanewbie

Post by ejcotelo »

some of you can put the new berserk chapter in direct download, im having problems with my conexion and im not able to download the torrent.
thanks in advance
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

It's in the Interstice. In the same thread I posted in the blog's comment section.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

ejcotelo wrote:some of you can put the new berserk chapter in direct download, im having problems with my conexion and im not able to download the torrent.
thanks in advance
I'm sorry, but the way you say that makes you sound like a dick.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

This impending fight has been building for quite some time, and next issue we'll get to see the demonic brawl. I hope it isn't an anticlimactic fight, but I'd also hate to see the fight be drawn out.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

This impending fight has been building for quite some time, and next issue we'll get to see the demonic brawl. I hope it isn't an anticlimactic fight, but I'd also hate to see the fight be drawn out.
Actually, it looks to me like the fighting is over for now. If the final battle is going to take place in Windam, then it probably won't be for a while. Armies (especially ones that huge) don't really travel all that fast, after all. If I had to guess, we're either going to return to Guts and Co., or else we're going to be treated to Griffith showing off his mad political skills as he gets all of the various armies to place themselves under his command. Possibly both. But either way, there shouldn't be any more major battles for a while.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

aye we can probably look for the conclusion of this fight as a Christmas Present.... in December. lol :twisted:
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

as always good work guys.

i can't wait seeing caska recovering her mind :D
i'm Here !!
RedRose
imanewbie

Post by RedRose »

Direct download for those who don't like torrent:

This chapter is nice, I like it. It kind of show us (so far) that Griffith's power is 'magic'. While Gatt's power is his physical ability. But April 6th???

Well, then the notion that Gatts will appear again in 2008 is possible.
:wtf:

edited: please do not post DL links here, do so in the Interstice in the DL thread. thanks -- psi29a
darkdarkasian
imanewbie

Post by darkdarkasian »

thnx EG
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Direct download for those who don't like torrent:
There's already a direct download provided by EG in the interstice. There's no need at all for you to provide one.

edit: Don't quote the DL link please. :P -- psi29a
SONGSAN
imanewbie

Post by SONGSAN »

great great great oh march's going to be a long month :(
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Istvan wrote: edit: Don't quote the DL link please. :P -- psi29a
Hard job you have there, mate :).
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Brainpiercing wrote:
Istvan wrote: edit: Don't quote the DL link please. :P -- psi29a
Hard job you have there, mate :).
Some people have the best intentions and that is ok. We do things differently here, not to make life harder for everyone but to keep this place from being a big target.

Links to torrents are cool, because they in of themselves are not-copyrighted. Nothing in the torrent is copyrighted. However, the DL to a copyrighted work that has been rared/zipped/what-have-you is still illegal.

Requiring a login/password to get to the DLs means they have to abide by my terms of service. Most companies and copyright holders are lazy and don't care to get an account. They will go after the people who choose the path of least resistance.

I'm just trying to cover our bases here, for what it is worth.
Gemino
imanewbie

Post by Gemino »

Griffith wants an all out demon fight and is eager to unleash his power. But he will not display his true form in the midst of humans that he will eventually rule.

Remember when SK saved Gutts and Caska during the ecplise, Griffith was astonished that his hand wave didn't have any affect. Femto must be fiending to just let it all out and give in too his demonic urges.
Aerion
imanewbie

Post by Aerion »

Gemino wrote:But he will not display his true form in the midst of humans that he will eventually rule.
u think he actually has something like a true form? or is it meant literally?
i dont think he will transform or somewhat...
but i agree he dont want to show his true powers the mere humans...
after all he is some bitchin politician :P
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Brainpiercing wrote:
ejcotelo wrote:some of you can put the new berserk chapter in direct download, im having problems with my conexion and im not able to download the torrent.
thanks in advance
I'm sorry, but the way you say that makes you sound like a dick.
Solution, don't put it on direct download. People need to learn to be patient, they are getting this for free for fuck's sake. Ungrateful bastards.

Any way, thanks as always.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Griffith wants an all out demon fight and is eager to unleash his power. But he will not display his true form in the midst of humans that he will eventually rule.
I think it's actually more along what he told the Emperor. I doubt he lied in that conversation. Also, even if he could have easily slain the Emperor there (and who knows, maybe he could have), he wouldn't have wanted to because he needs time to solidify his position, and for that the Kushan's need to continue to be a threat for a while. After this battle, and with the pope giving his support, he's all set to become the leader of the armies of the anti-Kushan alliance. From there, when he leads them to victory, marrying Charlotte and gaining the throne should be easy. But for all this to go smoothly, the Kushans can't be crushed just yet. Griffith is fairly practical, I doubt he really cares how he kills the Emperor, just that the way he does it is the best way to achieve his goal.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

I wonder if Griffith has another form. Sure he was reborn as a God Hand as Femto but he was then reborn physically in this realm by the egg apostle...we haven't seen him turn into Femto at all yet, yet he still shows the same powers....sooooo maybe he can't transform into Femto. That would put too much of a DBZ spin on things.

Griffith and Guts are showing down and then Guts is like I'mma go Super Saiyan with my armor and kick you in the nutz!! and Griffith will say oh yeah? I will go Super Saiyan 3 with my Femto form!!!

Shit...next we'll have them dueling their friends like in Pokemon. Ihsidono hit him with the snork attack!! or whatever gay shit they say...
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Shit...next we'll have them dueling their friends like in Pokemon. Ihsidono hit him with the snork attack!! or whatever gay shit they say...
So Griffith's counter would be something like, "Zodd!! I choose you!" is what you're saying? I shudder at the very concept. Maybe that would be suitable for a new stupid theory.
Messatsu
This is my new home

Post by Messatsu »

Thanks Eg keep up the exelent work
Gemino
imanewbie

Post by Gemino »

I just can't see a Berserk Armor Guts VS. Tranny Griffith as a viable showdown unless Griffith can change into Femto form. All of Griffith magic tricks and flying around isn't going to do much against GUTTS. Plus, it would make for a very entertaining finale.

It is hilarious in Anime/Manga when the characters announce their moves when they are fighting. Griffith shoud have busted out the "Homo Wind Blow Tea Bag Atttack" as he encountered Ganishka.

It is apparent that we arleady witnessed a DBZ Fusion with Gutts and Scheirke. HAHA! Next will be a Griffith & ZODD Fusion! :lol:
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I just can't see a Berserk Armor Guts VS. Tranny Griffith as a viable showdown unless Griffith can change into Femto form. All of Griffith magic tricks and flying around isn't going to do much against GUTTS. Plus, it would make for a very entertaining finale.
Given the fact that Griffith can apparently shatter cannonballs by glaring at them, I fail to see why he wouldn't be able to fight Guts. Or are you claiming that Gut's head, for example, would be harder to shatter then a cannonball? All of this, of course, ignores the fact that Griffith has an entire army of Apostles at his command, to keep Guts from ever even having a one-on-one match. I think you're seriously underestimating Griffith here.
Aerion
imanewbie

Post by Aerion »

Istvan wrote:
Given the fact that Griffith can apparently shatter cannonballs by glaring at them, I fail to see why he wouldn't be able to fight Guts. Or are you claiming that Gut's head, for example, would be harder to shatter then a cannonball? All of this, of course, ignores the fact that Griffith has an entire army of Apostles at his command, to keep Guts from ever even having a one-on-one match. I think you're seriously underestimating Griffith here.
well guts is wearing this mystic whatever armor so i think in berserk form his head is actually harder to shatter than a cannonball...

about the apostles...well i think most of them r whimps compared to guts...and real powerful ones will die one after another..always send to do some weird kind of mission and then running into guts and his friends...

at the end deep in the hearts of griffith he will remember about the emberassing defeat given by guts and so the endfight will be mostly without magic tricks or something...
(because griffith must show that he is superior and can crush mere humans or something in this way...) but i think this is far...faaaaaaaar away ;)
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

Well it all depends on Griffith's plans after he gets his kingdom, I think. He never said anything about that, so it is fair to assume that he doesn't have any plan at all. After all, humans always long for some big ass leader to defeat their enemies and lead them, but no one asks: but what's after that? What will our great leader do once he defeats our enemies? That's one of the reasons why tyrants rise to power, I think. In time of great need, people give way too much power to single individual, so he later becomes a tyrant.

Since Idea of Evil is nothing more than a collective human consciousness it is possible that he never thought about that either.

So in my scenario Griffith will become dangerous and paranoid king, slowly destroying himself, thus making Gut's job a lot easier.
What is good?-Whatever augments the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself, in man.
What is evil?-Whatever springs from weakness.
What is happiness?-The feeling that power increases-that resistance is overcome.

Nietzsche
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

about the apostles...well i think most of them r whimps compared to guts...and real powerful ones will die one after another..always send to do some weird kind of mission and then running into guts and his friends...
Two points. First, even "wimpy" Apostles are still very dangerous, and not even Guts could fight very many of them at once. As for Griffith's army being slowly wittled away on a number of missions...possible, but I'd point out that Griffith is not an idiot. I find it hard to picture him making such a stupid mistake.
Since Idea of Evil is nothing more than a collective human consciousness it is possible that he never thought about that either.

So in my scenario Griffith will become dangerous and paranoid king, slowly destroying himself, thus making Gut's job a lot easier.
No, Idea was formed from humanity, is not the same thing as saying it is still part of the collective consciousness. Given that it was created to be a reason for all the suffering, I find it hard to believe that it is being that short sighted. Its plans are almost certainly based across millenium.

As for Griffith self-destructing, I'll admit it's possible, but Griffith strikes me as too competant and skilled to fall into such a common trap. Also, I'd be kind of disapointed in Miura if that happened, since Guts defeating a paranoid, delusional madman would be rather anti-climatic. Part of the tension and drama (a large part) of their confrontation is just how awesome and impressive Griffith is. I wouldn't want that to be taken away, even if I don't much like him.