Berserk Chapter: 280

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

I'll have some of what he's smoking...
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
stafilo
imanewbie

Post by stafilo »

:thumb: HOOORAY!!!

Thx EG!!!
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

what was completely impossible is that an arrow through the brain ripped the head clear off...I mean come on!
No reason it couldn't if there was enough power behind it. I agree, a human archer couldn't fire an arrow with that much power, but the one doing the shooting was anything but human.
grimStar
notanewb

Post by grimStar »

Thanks guys...

that archer is badass. I wonder what his demon form is. Maybe the bow merges with his body to create a super-demon archer.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, that's what I said. I don't know what's up with that, must be some demon arrow power or something, heh.
kgnadt
imanewbie

Post by kgnadt »

thank you thank you Thank You!

and yeah, that nightmare robin hood is one badass. wonder if he's blind, and uses the bow for his sight though.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Considering his eyes have no pupils and his bow has a massive eye on it, I would say yeah.
Last edited by Ayanami on Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

My quivering, fangirl thighs thank you immensely! lmaoImage
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Starlore wrote:My quivering, fangirl thighs thank you immensely! lmaoImage
Quoted for posterity. It's good to be EG. 8)
freegood
imanewbie

Post by freegood »

Thanks EG

I'm a bit disappointed from the wait, but I'll take what I can get...
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

freegood wrote:I'm a bit disappointed from the wait, but I'll take what I can get...
It's been a long wait, yeah, but what was you expecting after 279? At least the art was great.

Maybe the Hawks will fully engage the Kushan army in the next chapter. As "humans" from the looks of it.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

[quote="grimStar"]Thanks guys...

that archer is badass. I wonder what his demon form is. Maybe the bow merges with his body to create a super-demon archer.[/

I mean if the shot is so damn powerful than it should gp through the head. or break it if it gets stuck, but take it to the flight is so absurd...but who cares.

I bet the archer's demon form is something like an enigma in DMC3
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

It's been like 4 days since new capter, and ono one has any subject to talk about. Well let me start something: WHo were those knights near those crushed ships on the beach? They don't look like Hawks, but I am not sure.
What is good?-Whatever augments the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself, in man.
What is evil?-Whatever springs from weakness.
What is happiness?-The feeling that power increases-that resistance is overcome.

Nietzsche
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

I thought the same, but that has to be the Neo Hawks.. what else that could be?
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Nonni
imanewbie

Post by Nonni »

Well if we think that those ships that could be seen was a small percentage of the ships the Kushans used to get there, then my guess would be that those knights were the Neo-Hawks.

Destroying their escape route forcing them (the Kushans) to either surrender or be killed would be my guess at least :Þ

But still, there were so few ships that could be seen but owell, all will be explained at the 26th.

And while I remember :

Thanks alot for the chapter, really made my day when it was released :D
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I assumed that maybe it was Mule, and it was indeed a group of the Neo Band of the Hawk.

As for why they're coming from broken ships...I'm not sure unless by chance they're able to get a better position on the enemy from that direction.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
yupachups
notanewb

Post by yupachups »

can't to be in elfhelm
i'm Here !!
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

yupachups wrote:can't to be in elfhelm
he is right you know

..wait, nevermind

:PLUS1:
Wandering_Mystic
n00b Smasher

Post by Wandering_Mystic »

mmmm - I mean, you're welcome ;)
Last edited by Wandering_Mystic on Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

yupachups wrote:can't to be in elfhelm
It could be Elfhelm , but what reason could have Griffith to send some of his troops there if he is fighting the Kushans? oh wait.... that part when Griffith saw the ship sail from Viritannys ( sp? ) maybe he really send Mule to conquer Elfhelm ( as eliminating a future opposition force? ).
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Pretty interesting chapter, the archer is sick.

I hope they kick the kushan asses fast cause i wanna see what Griffith is gonna do after that.

Also wanna see Silatt fight Neo Hawks.

When i was rereading the old chapters, i saw that he is the only human enemy ever to walk alive a one on one duel against Guts.

Thanks for the realeses guys.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I assumed that maybe it was Mule, and it was indeed a group of the Neo Band of the Hawk.

As for why they're coming from broken ships...I'm not sure unless by chance they're able to get a better position on the enemy from that direction.
My assumption was that it was a convienent place to hide right by the battle field so they could attack by surprise. The ships would just look as if they'd been sunk during the night in the Kushan attack, and they could remain hidden until the right moment. I could be wrong, but that's what it looked like to me.
When i was rereading the old chapters, i saw that he is the only human enemy ever to walk alive a one on one duel against Guts.
Not quite. Serpico also managed, back when he was part of the Iron Chain Knights. And of course, we can't forget Griffith who defeated Guts one on one when they first met. Other then that, though, I think you're right. Certainly Silatt is very impressive, but I hardly think he can challenge the Neo Hawks by himself (or even with those bodyguards of his).
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Yeah we don't know how strong is Lotus or the archer yet but we do know that Silatt is not that strong ( unless he has some hidden power ).
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

I would say silatt is as strong as serpico. Lol those bodyguards are also heavy gear. I think I remember them exploding heads with mere fists. Quite possibly descendants of Chuck Norris :shock:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I remember that Silat got owned by Guts. Whether he has improved drastically since his last encounter, I don't know, but it seems that holds some sort of noble status with bodyguards by his side. Surely, he must have some skills and abilities to begin with in order to attain that status. He could be born into nobility though. It seems like the bodyguards respect him though. Perhaps we will have some backstory about him soon. The pope had one, can't see why Silat can't.

As for the knights, they could be from the pope's army, along with the Hawks. Griffith is playing smart with this one; not going for a direct frontal confrontation. The Kushan have sheer numbers, Griffith will need to play this with strategy. I, along with the rest of you, can't wait for the next chapter.

As for the Elfhelm, where inside of your arse did you pull that from? I fail to spot the relevence.
Tell me more.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am