New to the Berserk Forum? Have questions? Post Here First!

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

If the only way to get Berserk started again was to donate to an account of Miura's, I predict it would quickly have millions of U.S. dollars in it.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

The best way to donate to Miura is to by his product, but if he did have a donation PayPal account I would spare all I could after my weekend binge drink :) .
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

I would donate at least $100 to the cause , but Miura has to bring a chapter a week .
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

I'm not so sure about the chapter-a-week thing. Of course we'd all love it, but If he started to release as often as that, the art and story would suffer because of it IMO.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

At the very least the art would. The story might not, because it probably doesn't take all that much time to work out the story, but the art almost certainly would, and given the amazing quality of the art in Berserk, lessening it would be a shame. I'd be satisfied if he just stuck to a consistent two chapters a month.
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

Istvan wrote:At the very least the art would. The story might not, because it probably doesn't take all that much time to work out the story, but the art almost certainly would, and given the amazing quality of the art in Berserk, lessening it would be a shame. I'd be satisfied if he just stuck to a consistent two chapters a month.
Agreed. Or at least one chapter a month. Something to keep us going.

As for the actual donation... well, I'd give what I have, although I'm not sure he'd appreciate a whole fat lot of nothing. :p
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I would definitely donate to Miura, if it was needed. I would expect a chapter every 2 weeks though, for sure.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Right. I'd be perfectly happy and content (well, at least somewhat, anyway) with a consistent one a month, but if I'm donating to keep them coming, I'd want at least two per month. It only seems fair.
Kael
imanewbie

Hello!

Post by Kael »

Hello everyone, its my pleasure to finally post here. I found out EG while i was searching for the NHK manga. Since i almost died when i saw the anime episodes would end up at 24. So, yea i tried to buy but since i'm from Brazil, the cost is kind of absurd ^^"

So! I found EG and that was the best thing i could ask to happen to me x3 A place to talk about mangas, thats kinda rare around here so, thats why i'm so happy to join this and meet people with same interests :D

Thanks psi29a for the support by email o/ and for the cheer about introduce myself.

Oh and, i found Berserk on an animes site, one of the few animes i saw with good storyline regarding medieval stuff ^^

Sorry about any grammatical errors anyways(I'll keep a look to the SpellCheck button) that saves me from a lot of trouble :)
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Welcome aboard Kael!

I like your avatar
Romanos
imanewbie

Post by Romanos »

I just finished re:watching the anime Berserk and after have reading the manga I just have to say that the truly SUCKS compared to the manga.
I mean all the thing they just skipped it ruined everything, but of course the first time I saw it before I read the manga it was very great.
:P just wanted to have it said tough I never read manga, The berserk manga is something no one should miss ;)
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I still liked the anime after reading the manga, so suit yourself, it was pretty decent in it's own right.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I thought the anime was actually very well done. Yes, they skipped a lot, but if they weren't planning to make a second season, what they skipped wasn't really important to the plot of the Golden Age. It worked better with skipping that stuff for just one season.
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

Aye. While I don't think the anime was as good as the manga, I do think it was regardless a strong anime show. It needed a more fully-resolved ending, but otherwise was very well done. It's in my "Do Not Delete" file.
Romanos
imanewbie

Post by Romanos »

MonkWren wrote:Aye. While I don't think the anime was as good as the manga, I do think it was regardless a strong anime show. It needed a more fully-resolved ending, but otherwise was very well done. It's in my "Do Not Delete" file.

indeed it truly is one great anime, and the first time I saw it I Loved it, and it sure ass hell made me into a true berserk fan, and iamb not regretting anything.
and regarding the show stopping there it makes a point skipping some part of the mango, but my point was that after reading the mango and watching berserk one more time I was kind disappointed that they decided to skip some very important things from the manga and even ending it at the eclipse.
I just wish that they should follow the manga and make the entire show from the beginning, I would sure ass hell rewatching everything again if it was the true main story and Ill bet anything that it would be a smashing success, even just continuing from the eclipse the story would still rock!
(so don't get me wrong I loved the anime, but I just loved the manga even more) :wink:
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i like your avatar. and we all agree, miura should really do another anime that follows the manga much closer, or at least had fucking puck in it! I don't really mind some things being left out, but he is integral to the story
Romanos
imanewbie

Post by Romanos »

MrFelony wrote:i like your avatar. and we all agree, miura should really do another anime that follows the manga much closer, or at least had fucking puck in it! I don't really mind some things being left out, but he is integral to the story
I couldn't have said it any better!

btw your avatar rocks :D
Romanos
imanewbie

Post by Romanos »

haha and those cowboys are freakin hilarious =P
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

i like your avatar. and we all agree, miura should really do another anime that follows the manga much closer, or at least had fucking puck in it! I don't really mind some things being left out, but he is integral to the story
He's certainly integral to the story as a whole, but he's incidental to the Golden Age. There's not much point in introducing him on episode one if he's never going to appear again. If you want to be picky, Skull Knight was far more important to the Golden Age then Puck was, but he was also left out.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

ya, thats why miura would have to do it differently if he wasn't just making some marketing ploy, the bastard
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

The ploy worked though, didn't it?

And yeah, Skull Knight is definitely needed - they're stuck in the eclipse without him :twisted: .

EDIT: Romanos, your avatar, that's Ogar555's work isn't it?
Romanos
imanewbie

Post by Romanos »

EnglishJim wrote:The ploy worked though, didn't it?

And yeah, Skull Knight is definitely needed - they're stuck in the eclipse without him :twisted: .

EDIT: Romanos, your avatar, that's Ogar555's work isn't it?
yes it is :P
It was freaking amazing, just hope he doesnt get mad about me having it as an avatar XD
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

You made a good choice though, I even had that as my desktop background for a while. I dont know if you got that pic from here, but if you didn't, you should check out the Fan Art section 8) .
Romanos
imanewbie

Post by Romanos »

I did get it from the fan art section, and man its crazy what people can do, the pics are awsome ;)
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I did get it from the fan art section, and man its crazy what people can do, the pics are awsome
They are indeed. Personally, I have no artistic ability at all, but it's always really impressive what those who do can turn out. Kinda makes me wish I wasn't limited to stick-figures sometimes.