Wiiiiiiii thread.

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Red steel Sucks really??? Wow thats a bumer... I guess I will hold out then for the dvd playback and other updates :roll:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

halfnhalf wrote:Honestly, super monkey ball blows, the whole control scheme on madden is stupid, and my god red steel is awful. using the remote to shoot, fine i can somewhat live with that, but the sword fights are by far the lamest shit ever.

Zelda is the only good game.
you know you want rayman raving rabbids! I do
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

I was about to buy a Wii but then I read that Red Steel sucked badly and Zelda is not that good ( damn I was expecting to be better than Ocarine of Time ) so I am buying a 360 instead of a Wii .
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
square-enix
imanewbie

Post by square-enix »

Zelda is not that good

I've only read of difficult control functions but that can always be fixed with the gc version of the game, no?
Either way, I'm probably only getting it till a price drop. Personally, the price doesn't justify me getting it just for Zelda.
Two games if SSB is confirmed for 'decent' online play and more characters.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Gattsblackfalcon wrote:I was about to buy a Wii but then I read that Red Steel sucked badly and Zelda is not that good ( damn I was expecting to be better than Ocarine of Time ) so I am buying a 360 instead of a Wii .
You know what I read? That people who base their opinions, especially opinions that will save or cost them hundreds of dollars, completely on someone else's thoughts are absolute tools. But, I don't take shit like they at face value because I like to have my own opinions on things.

Most video game reviewers have their heads up there asses, and "Joe Gamer" wouldn't know a good game if it was shot at them out of a cannon three feet from his/her collective faces. I'm so goddamn tired of people telling me that games suck or are awesome based soley on other people's reactions. Play the games for yourself. If you are making a decision on console buying, try them out. I know stores like Blockbuster and Hollywood Video have consoles that you can rent along with the games, so try it for a weekend and then come back to us with an informed opinion.
ImageImage
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

I enjoy Zelda...and everywhere I've seen gave it good reviews. Certainly highher than Red Steel which turned out to be a huge disappointment for me since after seeing a few video reviews for it I no longer have a desire to try it :P.

Zelda's control scheme isn't that hard at all to learn though, and it's actually got a decent storyline. I couldn't get 30 minutes into Ocarina of Time but I love this one.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Well its true, I only read it ( but it was not an article, but the opinions of tons of ppl ) I mean if I heard that the game is bad from a lot of people that must be because the game is bad , I heard the sword fighting sucks and the gameplay ( to be a FPS sucked too ) . So I am buying a 360 and enjoy Oblivion and Call of Duty ( oh and Dead Rising too ) instead of playing Zelda and Red Steel on a Wii .

About Zelda well the game seems good ( but not what I expected ) like I said better than Ocarine of Time.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Tempest wrote: I know stores like Blockbuster and Hollywood Video have consoles that you can rent along with the games, so try it for a weekend
They don't do that for negros sorry.

Red Steel, blowing chunks is pretty much common knowledge though. The new Zelda is cool but people were expecting God but they got Jesus instead, good but still not what you wanted. I'm picking up a Wii just for Zelda and maybe animal crossing or something. But hey I have a PS3 so I have money to throw around like that!
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

So far I love Twilight Princess. I cant say if its as good or better than Ocarina of Time until I have beaten it though. I dont have a problem with the controls, I think they are great. Sword fighting feels a bit messy, specific moves like the killing blow are nice, but most of the time when I am just hacking up peons I am just waving the controller back and forth and I dont feel like I am doing much. But aiming with the controller to shoot the bow is so much easier and more fun than it was in past Zelda games. Also, fishing is a blast, I can spend hours doing it.

Zelda has taken so much of my attention that I have barely touched Rayman. I did play it for a couple hours though and it is a lot of fun. Just a bunch of hilarious mini-games. Like Wii Sports, I cant seeing playing the game for hours on end, but its great for when friends come over or just a quick laugh.

Now give me SAMBA DE AMIGO dammit!
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

The console sound like something you need to play with someone to get an appreation for it ... well I am still bent on getting one but I am still going to wait awhile I guess... unless Metroid and Fire Emblem and Super Smash Brothers comes out... question can you use the Wiimote to play Resident Evil 4??? that would be very cool :)
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

If any of you get to the parts mentioned do not save and quit or something!

and
Also, the same kind of problem happens if you save & quit immediately after the Eldin bridge is taken away and before going into the twilight again. When you restart, you are on the wrong side of the bridge with no way to get across.
[Gvideo]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2494896410[/Gvideo]
And if some of you haven't seen this yet on GT. It is a pretty nifty watch.
Last edited by Malvado on Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

omg psi's video is just hilarious!!!
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Man if I see a guy like the one in psi's video Ill probably give some money to him ( because that guy looks like a hobo! ) lol.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

So apparently the Wii-mote has a huge range:

Now it very well could have been faked, but if it's true, then that is pretty damn impressive.
ImageImage
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

If it is IR, it could do that. Also, if it is wireless in the sense ad-hoc 802.11, it is also possible, doubly so being outdoors where there is less physical obstruction than say stuff like microwaves, fridges, washing machines, etc.

Glad that the tech has cought up in the consoles.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

you can actually use the wiimote using two candles, because it uses IR. The remote does all the sensoring, hence why you can be some what off screen, turned around, or even behind the tv and it would read the direction that your controllers are pointing.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_1vQFchFr_Q[/youtube]

nintendo's fame Power Glove was the bases on the sensory technology used to make the wiimote.

"I love the powe glove, its soooooo bad!"

just had to say it.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

No one likes the Zelda retrospective video? Lame.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Malvado wrote:No one likes the Zelda retrospective video? Lame.
The video is now unavailable, but it was almost an hour long, so cut us some slack. It was a good vid from what I saw of it, I got to the 6 minute mark but had to go get dinner. Nothing amazing, but a nic erecap and retrospective of the Zelda series on the NES part I saw.

halfnhalf wrote:nintendo's fame Power Glove was the bases on the sensory technology used to make the wiimote.
I thought the IR sensors for the power glove were in the things you put on your TV, not the glove itself, which is why the responses to it were always so unpredictable.

But Kudos to Nintendo for puting the sensor in the controller, it is a flash of billiance, because I don't think anyone is complaining when they notice that the Wii-mote is responding to things other than the bar that are put in front of the TV, it's reqally quite a pleasant suprise, I should think.
ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

however for me, i guess i must have some sort of microwave in me or something, but each time i play the wii, my wiimote bugs out on me during play.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Tempest wrote:
Malvado wrote:No one likes the Zelda retrospective video? Lame.
The video is now unavailable,
Well fuck....I'LL BE BACK!
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y4FwWwzcBoE[/youtube]best I can do. follow link and use the sidebar
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I am now a proud owner of a Wii. My brother surprised everyone when he bought the thing home. Personally, I was hoping to buy it after the price simmers down. Well, doesn't matter now. I just started with Tennis, it's so damn kickass.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

Eldo wrote:I am now a proud owner of a Wii. My brother surprised everyone when he bought the thing home. Personally, I was hoping to buy it after the price simmers down. Well, doesn't matter now. I just started with Tennis, it's so damn kickass.
He bought you one of of brotherly love? I hope you let him win a few games to make up for it.

Edit: I have a Wii!!!!
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Ippo
For you weird Ippo lovers.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I love Zelda.

It's magical.

I just bought the game today, couldn't hold it in any longer. It's awesome.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am