::One Piece::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Ace with his Fire fruit will pwn anyone... I would think.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
square-enix
imanewbie

Post by square-enix »

Unless it's a 5v1, although I'm not sure if there's a pirate 'rule' about it.
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

Psycho Wolvesbane wrote:
Bengal wrote:Actually, I more strongly suspect that Shanks got the scar from one of the Admirals of the World Government.
Have you read the chapter? Shank's told us who gave him the scar in it and it was Blackbeard. I was only theorizing when he got it and possibly how will be revealed later.
No idea what happened on that one.

I read the chapter, I had no recollection of Shansk saying that, I went back and doublechecked, and now I look like a tool.

Life goes on I suppose.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned, and find me guilty for true guilt comes from within.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

This whole arc aftermath thing is turning out to be the beginning of something huge. We have Garp, Coby, Helmeppo, Shanks, Whitebeard, Blackbeard, and Ao Kiji show up in the chapters and even Dragon's relationship revealed. That is a lot of important main characters all in the space of 4 chapters.
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

I'm just waiting to hear that Blackbeard ate the Umi Umi fruit and can turn into seawater and control the same, thus giving him the ability to destroy the entire world.
Last edited by Bengal on Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned, and find me guilty for true guilt comes from within.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Well if Shank's says he's just as strong as he is then surely Blackbeard must also know how to use his spiritual presence as a weapon, and possibly even to "split the air" like Shank's and Whitebeard showed an example of when they had their sword fight.
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

That's not garunteed. There are people of intense strength, like Enel, who can't use their spirit like that. Enel was absurdly strong, but Rubber is a material with no free electrons, and thus not cunductive and indeed insulative instead.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

I'm talking about normal humans that don't have Devil's Fruit powers, which we are still guessing about Blackbeard though I don't think he has one. If a human manages to be as strong as Shank's without a DF then consider what skills we know Shanks and Whitebeard possess. Overly powerful spirits that crumble anyone's resolve if they don't have a fully formed dream, and enough power between 2 of them to split the clouds in 2.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Lucci was stronger than Enel, and I'm sure Shanks would stomp his face in. If BB had the Umi Umi fruit, he would still need to be as powerful as Shanks, or he couldn't beat him. As far as we know, salt water isn't a big deal to Shanks. However, for Ace and Luffy, that'd be crucial. Heh, I doubt he has some monsterous ability like that though. He may not even have a DF.
Last edited by Starnum on Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Also nobody could have an Umi Umi fruit because it would completely disregard the whole "Devil's Fruit" curse thing about being a hammer in the sea.

17/11/06 Edit: Here's One Piece chapter 435 Scanlation from One Piece Manga V.2, http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav-2/ ... 435hq.msnw, link may change once chapter is moved from picture's folder to usual place on homepage.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Dude there was no OP this week OMG what is happening to the world these days??? :evil:
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Oda just took a break this week, though they did give out a fact file called Grand Times that summarized all the facts we've been given since the start of the Water 7 take 2 arc. One Piece Manga V.2 only has a RAW of that so far.

Real chapter 436 next week.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Interesting, thanks for the heads up :)
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

A summary translation of the grand File is in the K-F forums Latest Manga thread on page 16, here: http://www.kaizoku-fansubs.com/forum/vi ... =5080&p=16

Update! Chapter 436 Scanlation here http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav-2/ ... bypho.msnw
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

436 Is pretty cool get to see what Franky Built for the Straw Hats and you get to see franky in a different light :kekeke:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, yeah, it was pretty funny. I think the new ship is awesome. I can't wait to learn and see more about it.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Someone over at Apforums think that there is a hidden powerful cannon at the front of the ship behind the Lion's head. I'd like to believe him.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

http://www.onepiecehq.com/index.html

Aside the fact that they have a kickass scanlation of the latest OP, check out the 1st page margin: it says that Oda and Toriyama will co-authored a one-shot soon. If Toriyama mix his Dragon-Ball/Dr Slump era skills with Oda storytelling, it should be awesome. I don't care who draws.

It better be true, because I want it.

Now.

Edit: oh yeah, I think this whole Sanji picture thing will come back. I don't think Oda writes anything randomly, and he seems to insist way too much on the fact that Sanji's picture is missing (cut scene with marines). Something is brewing, and one of my favorite character will come back to the front!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

You're probably right. I wonder what it could be though. Surely it's more than the fact that the guy didn't remove the lens cap, but we'll see. That drawing looks like Sanji when he's being woo'ed by a woman, lol. Seriously, look at his face when he's talking to Kalifa in the new anime episode, heh. Sanji is one of my favorite Strawhats too, next to Zoro and Luffy.

Oh yeah, and an uber powered hidden main cannon and a one-shot by Toriyama and Oda would be kick ass.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Its Battle Franky #1 there has got to be some kind of special weapon on it :twisted:
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

If it isn't already One Piece Ch 437 should already be scanlated and up on One Piece Manga V.2 by now. if not still just check out the pictures folder for a collection of the chapter covers stories for Jango and Fullbody, and Koby and Helmeppo.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Right, so Franky's a perv, but that was still some pretty funny shit. Everyone already knew by now that it was going to be Franky, but you've still got to have the obligatory scenes. Leave it to Oda to do it right, that's what I say, heh.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Right, so Franky's a perv, but that was still some pretty funny shit. Everyone already knew by now that it was going to be Franky, but you've still got to have the obligatory scenes. Leave it to Oda to do it right, that's what I say, heh.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Starnum DP for the win!!!!!!!!!!!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

DP?