::One Piece::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

If you recall back, the part where Robin comments, when first joining up, "There's something about those men, that D. in their name."

Makes considerably more sense when you learn her backstory, so many volumes later.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned, and find me guilty for true guilt comes from within.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That's a good point, I hadn't thought about that. I was going to say that maybe those with the "D" in their name are related, and those with "Monkey" in their name are in Luffy's immediate family. Of course, Ace's name throws that whole Monkey theory right out the window, lol.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thanks for the props but I found all that info on Devils Fruit.com good website those Italians know how to make a good website :cool: I even got Zoro's sword details and very detailed drawings :) there is 433 out but not scantilation :( oh well time for the Arlong Tran
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

Seems to be a scanlation out

http://rapidshare.com/files/1730538/One ... nd_Cez.rar

Now let's see :)

EDIT: Holy shit, the last page rocks :shock:
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Nice I want to see the ship that franky makes them.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

I just hope he has better taste in ship decoration than he does in wardrobe.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned, and find me guilty for true guilt comes from within.
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

Sandman wrote:Your right it was just the D. that they have in common :cool: but he also says it is a family thing so I wonder what that means?? I guess there are seven people with the D. middle name Luffy, Ace (its funny that they are bothers and Luffy is Monkey and Ace is Portuguese), Teach"black beard", Garp, Saul, Dragon, and Roger.
well if you look at it we know luffy ace garp and dragon are all family so i wouldnt be suprised if the rest are related to him someway. but i also read somewhere that it might be possible that all the people with D. in their names are from the civilization that was destroyed by the world government during the 100 years of missing history
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, that's a very interesting theory. ;)
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

Yes I've been thinking that same thing myself.
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

well im just happy with the way the story is picking up again. like the whole gretting robin back was good but now its focusing on the lose ends and the other characters, like how shanks finally met with white beard. i am very much so looking forwards to the next few chapters :D
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

Spotted this over at apforums
Battle Franky wrote:Oda has made an end of Jump (WSJ #50) comment. My interpertation of this or the gist of this from reading around is, that there was some general unhappiness/opposition to the mangji symbol 卍 (obviously which is generally assosiated with the Nazi party's swastika) being used in the original flag design.

So from my understanding the manga version, has been changed to the skull & crossbones anime version. I assume the changed ver. appears in Ch.434, and Oda has made this comment to clear any confusion.

Interesting info. Since I started One Piece with the anime at first, I never even saw the Manji flag version flag before so it doesn't bother me much.

Still kinda sucks. :evil:
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Man do I hate censorship, just like the changing rocks to apples when these kids throw them at robin when she was a kid.

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah man, that's no big deal really. The Manji symbol doesn't mean anything bad. In fact, I think it means "Luck" or something like that. It was the nazis who corrupted it. That doesn't mean that the Japanese shouldn't be able to use it. I mean, I guess I can understand a large company not wanting to get hate mail, or even possibly sued over it, but it still kind of sucks that people have to worry about it so much. Ah, oh well *shrugs*.

It'd be different if it actually WAS a swastica, but it'd have to be tilted for that.
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

That's what suprised me, I thought it was a normal and frequent sign in Japan.

Doesn't Neji in Naruto have the same thing on his forehead?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I can't remember if it's the manji symbol on Neji's head or not, but I don't think it was...*shrugs*

It's in Blade of the Immortal a lot, and there's always a disclaimer/explanation in the tankobans about it. It's not meant to be offensive or anything. Like I said, it just means luck.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Ah, poor little Chiyo-chan, lol.

Yeah, but apparently it wasn't, thanks Damien.
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

They censored it in anime.. In the manga it looks like this:

Wasn't censored in the manga though, although the sign wasn't shown in the recent arcs...

But don't want too much Naruto around One Piece do we :P
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, never read that part in the manga. It does look a lot like the manji symbol there, but it's also corrupted. Notice the hooks on the ends, those shouldn't be there. It may as well be the manji symbol though. It's not uncommon for people to corrupt symbols like that.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

didnt that symbol mean somthing before Hitler turned it on its corner and reversed it... I could have sworn it meant prosparaty or moving forward or something like that.
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

It was a symbol for good luck.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

434 is out, not bad a lot of background info about Whitebeard, Shanks, and BlackBeard...
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

The only scanlation I know of is in french, may I ask where you got your version?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I make my own :twisted:
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

So you are saying that for everybody but you, this was a spoiler?