Berserk Episode 2 (parts 1 - 3)

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Berserk Episode 2 (parts 1 - 3)

Post by psi29a »

As promised, sorry for the delay... I've been distracted.

Enjoy Episode 2 subtitled.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=yYqZ5xEI8YI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MI1iYFV87LE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=-tf0m_LXr5U[/youtube]
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

"I always get what I want." - Griffith

Heh, not always buddy. ;)
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

How old was Griffith then, anyway?

Also, am I the only one who found that "What beautiful form" comment odd when Guts was just hacking madly away at Pazu-So?
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

He did have beautiful form, for the nature of that sword. A sword that big is generally only swung horizontal or vertical, but that doesn't mean that it can't be swung well. One of the obvious signs that his form was good was that Pazu-So (who was a very skilled fighter) was being completely dominated and drawn into Gut's pace.
Dagda Mor
Mastered PM

Post by Dagda Mor »

I suppose that's feasible enough.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Istvan wrote:He did have beautiful form, for the nature of that sword. A sword that big is generally only swung horizontal or vertical, but that doesn't mean that it can't be swung well. One of the obvious signs that his form was good was that Pazu-So (who was a very skilled fighter) was being completely dominated and drawn into Gut's pace.
Well said. Yes it wasn't long after that, that Gatts began to develope a superior style to that of which he used then, where he could swing his larger swords in the same directions as smaller swords. However, this requires one to build a powerful body, and your sword really can't be much taller than you, so it's easier to use larger swords as you mature. Of course he was gifted with a tall, wrestler sized body, that definitely helps. However, what Gatts did even at the age of 17 was beyond human capacity. I believe Griffith is 2 years older than Gatts, so he was probably 17. He couldn't have been older than 18.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Does it ever actually give us the age's of the characters anywhere? Generally, I figure we just guess, but is there any part of the series that actually says?
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

I think the only (almost) certain age that we know is Gutts'. All others are merely estimates.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

It's been a while since I've read the first half of the series (I really ought to go back and re-read that one of these days) so could you remind me where Guts age is?
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

i though you forgot this idea Psi29a. the beggining of Gatts most happiest days . hmm Gatts age ? 15 i guess .
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

nah, I've just been busy.
Aeriel
Mastered PM

Post by Aeriel »

Istvan wrote:It's been a while since I've read the first half of the series (I really ought to go back and re-read that one of these days) so could you remind me where Guts age is?
Well, starting from Gutts' birth (and the Golden Age arc), whenever there is discontinuity in the story (i.e. time jump), there is usually 'x years have passed' on the sidebars. Comb the comic and do the math :wink:
freegood
imanewbie

Post by freegood »

Nothing like planning to watch only the first 3 videos and then searching for the rest and watching it again
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

It's pretty awesome to see how almost every episode manages to top the previous one.

This one is better than the first one and ditto for the 3rd one.

It just goes uphill from there.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Yeah, the creators did a really good job with this, and the way each episode just builds on and surpasses the previous ones is awesome. It's all part of the reason why Berserk is one of my favorite animes of all time.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Istvan wrote:Does it ever actually give us the age's of the characters anywhere? Generally, I figure we just guess, but is there any part of the series that actually says?
Yeah, it really only ever mentions Gatts' age, and even that was a while ago. I think it's generally accepted that Griffith is a couple years older. As for Gatts age, check the FAQ, there's a detailed timeline of his age, and how it's deduced. ;)