R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

That must be what going back to school do to you.

I forgot, it must have been too long ago.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Albator wrote:That must be what going back to school do to you.

I forgot, it must have been too long ago.
<---out of school, Silly!
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

MPD Psycho wrote:
If you have problems with that image, you are a hippocrite. I told my family about him dieing too, personally it didn't effect me but it wasn't that cool either
So if you and your family don`t care about him that means that making fun of the guy on the day he dies is in good taste an we are hipocrites?? That`s quite hmmm....interesting point of view.
I just say it`s cruel which I could understand (not approve) if it was funny but it`s fucking not.
In general what Starnum wrote says what I think. It`s a shame that so many people wouldn`t even know that this is wrong. They would just say "Oh, datz shitz funny haha LOL" ....Pathetic.
RIP

ImageImage
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

What do you guys think about the family making the video of his death available for everyone? This was Steve Irwin's request before he died. He always wanted the camera to roll even if he died.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i sort of want to see what getting killed by a stingray looks like...though if i was his family i would be no where near that. though his wife might want to see it....i dont know it coudl give closure...def a touchy topic
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

very said to hear it, never really knew his name but when i saw the face i was like "damn...". no environmentalist was as enthusiastic as he was
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Oh yes there was. Timothy Treadwell, that was living with bears. They made a movie out of his stays with bears, Grizzly Man. Pretty touching movie actually. I'm sure there are a lot of others.

He ended up like Steve, sadly. And he was probably a little mental too.
panasonic
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by panasonic »

ya, wasnt he the one that got eaten by a bear along w/ his gf?
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

That one.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

that dude was nuts and probably did more harm than good by getting the bears used to humans as a not a threat. I respect his love, but he seemed a lil crazy.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I remember another movie with Sigorney Weaver, where she was playing a woman bent on protecting goriilas. I don't remember the name at the moment, but she was also a real person. She was murdered in her sleep, most probably by hunters.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Gorilla's in the Mist? Dian Fossey would fit the description that you just talked about.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

newbified wrote:Gorilla's in the Mist? Dian Fossey would fit the description that you just talked about.
Really? thought that was Jane Goodall
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

No, newbified got it right...
If more people were so passionate about nature, maybe the planet wouldn't get fucked up so quickly.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Jane Goodall is still alive. And she focuses more on Chimpanzee's, not Gorillas.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Holy crap, that´s some damn bad luck, of all the animals the guy got on top of and it had to be a stingray to kill him.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

at my school during the morning announcements, a girl told everyone " that in memory of Steve Irwin, we must all mourn by wearing khaki pants all week."

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
angi
imanewbie

Post by angi »

Albator wrote:Oh yes there was. Timothy Treadwell, that was living with bears. They made a movie out of his stays with bears, Grizzly Man. Pretty touching movie actually. I'm sure there are a lot of others.

He ended up like Steve, sadly. And he was probably a little mental too.
Treadwell was very clearly mentally ill. Steve Irwin, while irresponsible at times, was sane and knew what he was doing. Sometimes while handling animals they do unpredictible things, but a snake or whatnot backing up on Irwin in no way compares to Treadwell going out there with no training and attempting to have contact with wild bears.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

we must all surf for steve
Bow to Golbez
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Well these guys are a bunch of bastards!! PETA's on my list now... :twisted:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14626178/
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

What do you expect? PETA strives for the complete "liberation" of all "enslaved" animals. This means everything from domestic cats and dogs kept as pets, to animals in zoos who would no longer have the means to survive in the wild, all the way to that dog that the woman down the street uses as a seeing eye dog to get across the street without the fear of being hit by traffic.

If you've ever watched the Penn & Teller Bullshit episode concerning PETA you'll find it quite funny, and just how hypocritical PETA really is, considering they euthanize two-thirds of the animals they "rescue". Not to mention that despite the fact that they're against the use of animals for drug testing, the Vice President of PETA uses insulin for her diabetes, which is derived from animal testing, and doesn't consider herself a hypocrite because she uses her life to help "save" animals.

But anyways, I don't want to turn this into a PETA thread. I hope that Terry will make the video of his death public, but not for any morbid reasons. I think it would illustrate exactly how Steve Irwin always wished to be in front of the camera, even for his demise.

He was a great conservationist. I hope that his charities will continue to recieve donations, even without Steve Irwin to promote them.
swallow
notanewb

Post by swallow »

Germaine Greer wrote a stinging article on Steve Irwin right after his death too. What a bitch. And I was thinking of getting her new book as well, which sure as hell isn't going to happen now. I definitely believe in bagging the hell out of someone when they're alive, but there should be at least some respect for the dead, that family has enough problems without all that shit going on, isn't his death enough? I feel sorry for his poor daughter especially. I wonder what she feels like knowing that her father died working on a project for her show.

They've been running old talk-show interviews of him here in Australia, and he was the genuine article. That accent of his and everything - it really was for real (I mean he really has no reason to put it on at home). He was really a nice bloke all round, if not necessarily the sharpest of men. We'll miss him.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

I sent a card to the Zoo so I hope they put it in the shrine since I can't be there in person. I also wrote a letter for them to read so I hope they will as it contains many thoughts and advice and actually pleas to all of his family, friends, and workers. I'll just have to see how it goes I guess.

And also, I do kind of hope that they release the video as well. It will shut all the fuckers up about him harassing the animals and you'll get to see what he was really doing. Plus I would like to see his final moment...he was a hero to me.
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Starlore
This is my new home

Post by Starlore »

swallow wrote:Germaine Greer wrote a stinging article on Steve Irwin right after his death too. What a bitch. And I was thinking of getting her new book as well, which sure as hell isn't going to happen now. I definitely believe in bagging the hell out of someone when they're alive, but there should be at least some respect for the dead, that family has enough problems without all that shit going on, isn't his death enough? I feel sorry for his poor daughter especially. I wonder what she feels like knowing that her father died working on a project for her show.
Yeah, I read that article. One word for her: CUNT. I don't exactly understand how uncompassionate you have to be..I mean, being in the public eye & deliberately making disrespectful statements regarding the dead. I have no doubt in my mind she was just trying to ride Steve's wave by garnering attention thru controversy; as if it would make everyone run out & buy her book, bah.

Wouldn't surprise me if Terry wanted the footage released. She was always very supportive of Steve & all of his ventures, regardless of how dangerous they may have been. Really, how many women would stand by & watch their significant other do something so dangerous on a daily basis & support it willingly?? You have to truly love someone, to give them that kind of freedom. It was because of her shared passion for the cause that she could do just that. I feel for her, most of all & my prayers of course, are w/her & the kids :cry:
"Your father sucks the flaking cocks of lepers in the lowest circle of HELL!!!"

..."Does he swallow?" ~Hellblazer

"Imagination is intelligence with an erection"~Victor Hugo

"Life is a disease...Sexually transmitted & fatal"~Neil Gaiman