Fan Art

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

Who? Oh, some guy posted right before me............I definitly meant ogre.
"Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to." - JTHM
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

OK, here they are (somehow), photos of my figures. I have a Griffith figure but I avoided taking pictures of it since it made for bad pictures (just looks too fake.)
I had more ideas for more pictures, so I wouldn't mind taking more, but I probably won't bother.
They arn't high resolution at all. I have higher settings, just didn't want to waste memory.

Otherwise I really like them, especially since I really didn't spend too much time on them than they were worth.

[edit="psi29a"] fixed your image tags... remember it is Image otherwise, it looks craptastic. We have a preview button, I suggest everyone use it before actually posting.[/edit]
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Did you take them off Sarah?? I was looking forward to some artssy berserk figure shots 8)
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

I edited the crap out of it. I tried to make thumbnails from imageshack but that crapped out. It did work just fine in preview, when I just turned them into regular img tags when i edited it.
So, they work now.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

hehehe Bow to the Drizzit's greatness!!

Yea right....I haven't done hardly anything in here, let alone anything worth mention. But schools finally coming to a close here next week so I will be able to exercise my brains drawing capabilities. But yea, that text will really add something to the piece I have envisioned.

Femto, (aren't ya glad I didn't call you the name I usually do? ^_^) last time you came through for me for my art project and if there is any hope I place it first in you. And I saw from your other thread that my recent comment about Flora/SK really sparked your interest ^_^
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

Photo critique:

Shot one:
Little dark, maybe half stop more exposure and better light position. Also, the Dragonslayer is out of focus, so I would go for deeper dof to get Guts and it in focus.

Shot two:
Same problems as one. I do think that this one is better exposed.

Shot three:
Too dark. I think a stop more of exposure. Decent composition, doesn't strike me as bad, but not great either. However, his right shoulder is out of focus.

Shot four:
The out of focus Jin steals the focus of the picture. He takes up more space than Guts, but is out of focus, making f or a distracting picture. Lighting on Guts looks good.

Shot five:
Same thing as before; out of focus figure (Griffith..?) steals the focus of the picture. Also could use some light on Guts's left side. I'm thinking a soft light from his 1 or 2 o'clock.

If you're going to do close up shots, I think a thorough cleaning should be done. The dust can be distracting.
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

Well, I did do a thorough cleaning. It's absolutely impossible to make tiny action figures spotless. These things are literally 3 inches high.
I puropsely did these partially out of focus, but focused on the right part (usually his face.) Actually, I took 104 photos and maybe 30 were in any sort of focus at all. It's not that I forgot to focus, but it's damed hard to do under the conditions.
It's not studio work, just point-and-shoot type stuff, but I still love these pictures as they are.
BTW, just to be sure try adjusting your moniter. They are dark but again I did that on purpose. I find photos where everything is in focus and brightly lit to be dull. It's my style, basically. It's all a matter of taste.

I admit I'm not crazy about the last one. It's not focused the way I wanted it to be, but I love the composition.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I like the pics of Guts although the red dragon slayer seems wierd, did you do that in Photoshop? If so I would have went with a half blood sword instead of a fully blood sword, but all in all good job. I wish I knew more about Photography so I could give you suggestions, but I dont :evil:
Hey Sarah Can I use your pics to try and make Art out of them in photoshop, not that they are not art right now but you know what I mean, make them look like drawings :twisted:

Anyway I couldnt leave this one alone I had to see if I could make the armor look more real, now it looks a little to fluid for me but better than the first IMO

SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

Sure, I'd be honored if you used them for your artwork.
Nah I didn't manipulate the pictures that much, just stuff like levels, curves, and saturation (basically the brightness/darkness and amount of color.) I didn't need to add or remove anything...actually a cat hair got on one of em somehow I got rid of that but that's it :D So the sword really was red, some reason.

Hmm it probably looks weird because I increased the saturation too much for the rest of the image, but that can be easily fixed. I can make it any color really.
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

This was just a quick job, but I followed the suggestions for the first image. I lightened it and desaturated the sword seperate from the rest of the picture.
And I kick myself for using a mere 1 megapixel resolution, the more I photoshop this picture the more pixelated it looks.
I think I'll take a few more photos but at a much higher resoluation, probably 5 megapixel, but I'll resize it to post (but it will still look much better.)

Actually I got some advice from my photography teacher that will also probably help a lot with my focusing problems, so I'm kind of eager to try agian.

Anyhow, here's the manipulated picture.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Is your edit button broken or something?
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

you broke the holy rule about double posting... it was written by the sacred starnum that thy shall not double post. ......*cough*

But I think your 3rd image is the best. It fits perfect in the concept of berserk.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Thanks sarah, but find that edit button 8) upper-right hand part of your posts next to the Quote and delete buttons :)

WOW its amazing the difference in the two pics, I was trying stuff like that to your dark-dark Guts pose... its coming but not there yet.
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

Oh crap I did it again...dam bad habits are hard to break. Realize that I've been posting on message boards for years and years...
Anyhow, I guess I'm real bored cause I'm workin on this for real now. Before it was more point-and-shoot but now I'm working with lighting, background, and especially focusing.
I agree I thought my third image was my best.
Am I an uber-nerd for taking photographs of my action figures or what? :D I just pretend I'm doing this to improve my photography skills, but it's more cause I love taking pictures of action figures. They're always in a good pose.
Well, when I finnally get a photo I'm happy with I'll edit this post instead of replying again, unless some one else replies...
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Hey Sarah take another shot at the Guts Vs. Griffith shot, I am pretty sure you can do it :D Cant wait to see your work.
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

Actually that's exactly what I've been working on, but trying to focus on the Griffith figure.
It's like this figure is unphotogenic, or he just hates getting his picture taken.
Believe me, that figure being out of focus is saving you a lot of pain. I seriously need a better one (but maybe this is my twisted Griffith fangirl side speaking.) It doesn't even remotely look like him to me.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

It must be because he is tied to the astral world... get out a beheilt and see if it comes into focus. :P
ogar555
imanewbie

Post by ogar555 »

I curse schoolwork!
"Then I'll be happy to welcome you."
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

ZOMG new Ogre stuff. Let me be the first to congratulate you. Thanks for the tutorials, I am lerning bunch of new stuff.
ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

ogar_555 wrote:I curse schoolwork!
"Then I'll be happy to welcome you."
That rivals even Miura's colorings :shock: .
"Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to." - JTHM
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Does Miura color?
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Goddamn ogre your coloring is excellent.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

Ogar, you kick ass. Since I'm pathetic at coloring, I want to make a request for one of my favorite pages of the manga.
It's volume 27, chapter 236, page 207, and looks like this:
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Buzkashi wrote:Does Miura color?
He paints his covers, I believe.

Comparing that to computer coloring is ludicrous though.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Doesn't he also color the inserts with the volumes? Or is that someone else? BTW Ogar...hehehe seems you will have a request line now. I have a couple images I would love to see colored but you let me know if you want to go at it. I'm sure you will cover them eventually anyways ^_^
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!