Berserk Chapter: 272

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sandman wrote:She let go of his eye and he almost squeased Farnase and Caska till it hurt, the only way he regained sanity was a touch of the eye... sure she will be able to pull him out, the question is what happens to her after it happens??
I'm not sure if it was that or the fact that rage began to build in him from the thought of the sorcerer having some kind of link to the apostles.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I sort of wonder if Guts will gain enough control for her to return to her body (if she can) without him going berserk, so that she can join the fight. I mean, she would seem to be the one best suited to dealing with this snake thing that the Kushan sorcerer summoned. Then when it's gone, Guts can scrag the sorcerer, and the city will be saved (or something like that).
paulino
imanewbie

Post by paulino »

The city wont be saved since the other blonde girl from the hawks has already "foretold" that its gonna be a city thats gonna be destroyed. And yes, it will be a real pain for the witch to return to her body: once she gets her hands off the eye of guts, hes gonna turn into berserk mode, so she really cant afford to return to her bodyunless the danger is no more.
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

paulino wrote:The city wont be saved since the other blonde girl from the hawks has already "foretold" that its gonna be a city thats gonna be destroyed. And yes, it will be a real pain for the witch to return to her body: once she gets her hands off the eye of guts, hes gonna turn into berserk mode, so she really cant afford to return to her bodyunless the danger is no more.

Yea i would agree, the only way Schierke is going back to her body is when Guts comes out of berserk.

Also with the monster I think they are going to try and kill the mage rather than take the monster on.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Probably, but it would be a lot more convienent all around if the monster was dead first. The reason to go for the mage is if they don't have any real way to kill the monster. I just sort of wonder if Guts will figure out from this how to keep his eyes clear on his own, so he won't need Schierke's help to keep control anymore (probably not, of course, but it's an interesting thought).
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Just my two cents but I thought that Shierke would be bound to Guts like this just like what i think happened between SkullKnight and Flora.
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

TheDrizzit wrote:Just my two cents but I thought that Shierke would be bound to Guts like this just like what i think happened between SkullKnight and Flora.
BAM!

The truth right there.

I think this guy nailed it.

Good job man, with this little overlooked piece of information I can finally step back and look at the big picture of what's been happening in the last few chapters.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Ive been thinking that for a while. However I think it'll be more than bound... Well anyone who saw my thread from times of old would know that I think that Gutts and Schierke would be more than just bound. But would be together...*cough*...after cascas death *cough*
Gundam_Bobcat
Mastered PM

Post by Gundam_Bobcat »

Buzkashi wrote:Ive been thinking that for a while. However I think it'll be more than bound... Well anyone who saw my thread from times of old would know that I think that Gutts and Schierke would be more than just bound. But would be together...*cough*...after cascas death *cough*

I don't know, Schierke seems a little to young for Guts. It could work and really i don't have all that much to say, my great-grandparents had an 18 year difference.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Buzkashi wrote:Ive been thinking that for a while. However I think it'll be more than bound... Well anyone who saw my thread from times of old would know that I think that Gutts and Schierke would be more than just bound. But would be together...*cough*...after cascas death *cough*
Not that again, buz....
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

LordMune wrote:
Not that again, buz....
Alot of the newer members never got to take part in that discussion. Shit, I wouldnt mind if the thread was taken out of the bucket for a bit.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Buzkashi wrote:Alot of the newer members never got to take part in that discussion. Shit, I wouldnt mind if the thread was taken out of the bucket for a bit.
That'll never happen.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Eldo wrote:
Buzkashi wrote:Alot of the newer members never got to take part in that discussion. Shit, I wouldnt mind if the thread was taken out of the bucket for a bit.
That'll never happen.
Ever.
Buzkashi wrote:after cascas death *cough*
*twitch*
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Buzkashi is desperately looking for someone to agree with him.

Hopefully, that'll never happen.
SONGSAN
imanewbie

Post by SONGSAN »

my opinion:

Schierke - Mule

Isidro - Sonia

Farnese - doomed so Serpico will get rid of his laid back attitude and become a fierce warrior

There's a little paradox at hand though, Shierke is needed outside of the armour now since the group can't take the old mage down without her elemental spell. She can only be out when Guts takes off his armour. Guts won't do that unless Serpico and Isidro fully join the fight and allow him time to. May be it's a good-bye to Farnese. One thing I'm sure is the bloody chapter's not very far away.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

SONGSAN wrote:my opinion:

Schierke - Mule

Isidro - Sonia
What?
SONGSAN wrote: Farnese - doomed so Serpico will get rid of his laid back attitude and become a fierce warrior
I doubt it. Besides, he already kicks ass.
SONGSAN wrote: There's a little paradox at hand though
Nothing about the current situation has anything to do with a paradox. I can see why you say that, but more than anything, it's just a sticky situation.
SONGSAN wrote:Shierke is needed outside of the armour now since the group can't take the old mage down without her elemental spell.
They may be able to.
SONGSAN wrote:Guts won't do that unless Serpico and Isidro fully join the fight and allow him time to.
Actually, he's unlikely to do that at all, unless someone suggests to him that it may be wise.
SONGSAN wrote:May be it's a good-bye to Farnese.
As if there's been anything to indicate this.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You all will be kissing my feet when it happens.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

In my opinion, the more likely pairings will be:

Isidro - Schierke

Mule - Sonia

Gatts - Casca

Farnese - Serpico (even though they are stepsiblings)

If Farnese ends up with someone at all.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Why does everyone think that every single male character MUST be with sexually attracted to another female one and viceversa?

People are making these crazy connections based on absolutely nothing but "this is a guy and this is a girl and they are of similar stature and age so they will probably get married in the near future".

This isn't some teenage drama, you know.
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Ok...too many posts to answer each one separatedly. Ok:
Who knows, right now if I was Schierke I would be a little more concerned with going to my own body rather than just chilling with Guts.

Its going to be interesting to see the long term effects of Schierke being in the armor/ Guts mind.
Nah. She's used to being outside her body. I don't think she's worried at all. She might be a little bit to how she's going back, but not her first worry right now.
Just my two cents but I thought that Shierke would be bound to Guts like this just like what i think happened between SkullKnight and Flora.
I think it may happen, but not with she staying inside the armor. Flora wasn't inside SK armor ;)

About the romance...wtf? Why we're talking about that? And forget it, Serpico does kick ass. And I think he'll be decisive about this battle.

Now...what I think might happen: Gatts, Serpico and Isidro will stay fighting the snake and the mage. And Roderick will kill the mage. Why do I say that? He's a captain, he probably knows how to move fast on ships, and the mage might only be watching the "magic" fighters (Isidro and Serpico with their magic blades). Who knows, it might be quite cool!
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Khelegond wrote:Flora wasn't inside SK armor ;)
How do you know this?

Who's to say she didn't "get out" somehow?
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

No, I mean she wasn't trapped inside his armor. In the end, at least. If she was trapped inside there she wouldn't be alive, methinks.

I think Schierke will find a way to leave the armor as soon as the battle is over. She might use this ... 'method' to help him in the future, but I don't think she'll be trapped.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Now...what I think might happen: Gatts, Serpico and Isidro will stay fighting the snake and the mage. And Roderick will kill the mage. Why do I say that? He's a captain, he probably knows how to move fast on ships, and the mage might only be watching the "magic" fighters (Isidro and Serpico with their magic blades). Who knows, it might be quite cool!
I hope not. The guy annoys me too much for me to want him to have a cool moment. Besides, how would he even get over to the ship (which is surrounded by water) without being noticed? And even if he did, and even if he can move well on ships, how would this let him get close enough to the mage (who is surrounded by the water-snake thing) to kill him? I'm not seeing it happening.

I'm just going to ignore all this romance conjecture, since I agree with Femto that this isn't the type of story that requires every character to find their perfect match/soul mate.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

What? Why would Roderick kill a mage? Why don't you have Farnese or her brother kill the mage instead, that would be real dramatic. But honestly, no, it's not a cool moment.

I don't think there needs to be any real romance thing. That would be too typical of a shounen to match every character with a love interest. Serpico and Ishidoro can die a virgin for all I care.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

I don't think there needs to be any real romance thing. That would be too typical of a shounen to match every character with a love interest. Serpico and Ishidoro can die a virgin for all I care.
Word man. I agree.